facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Maturity = 12, 3, & 6 (PLUS - 2 bonus wickets). Total of 21 runs in three innings. 2 Catches.
vs
Immature 1 = 16, 30, & 17 with 4/1, 59/3, 76/2, & 39/3. ONLY 63 runs but 9 wickets so far. Some would say 63 run for an immature player is better than 21 from a "mature" player. By the way, 2 catches.
Immature 2 = 48, 36, & 37 with 3 catches. Some folks would rather have 123 runs instead of 21. They are probably messed up with the head cause they evenrealize that the team we are playing against is actually a C team. So, 21 runs against a C team. WOW!

I like this qoute: "how so many in our community have come to expect so little of ourselves". Let's all be happy with mediocre performances from our most experienced and "matured" players. Eto olpotei khushi. Mediocrity rocks. Is he capable of scoring a double in the second innings? Yes. Will he? Judging by his attitude and the "maturity" we have come to accept from him - NO. Heck, I'll even take a 50 at this point.

Old July 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Khobordar!

You guys should know, I'm a part-time Ninja assassin.

There's already so many Mashrafe threads, no wonder my fav player is always injured!
Totally.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 18, 2009, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
I like this qoute: "how so many in our community have come to expect so little of ourselves". Let's all be happy with mediocre performances from our most experienced and "matured" players. Eto olpotei khushi. Mediocrity rocks. Is he capable of scoring a double in the second innings? Yes. Will he? Judging by his attitude and the "maturity" we have come to accept from him - NO. Heck, I'll even take a 50 at this point.
Kothay ache, boro bhai der shathe beyadopi korte nai. Ashrafuler shathe emon beyadopi kora ki amader immature 20/22 bochorer khokader shaajey?
Old July 18, 2009, 07:54 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Totally.
Pfft. Ryu Hayabusa does not approve of this.

Old July 18, 2009, 07:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Now you guys are forcing me to change my sig, .
But I like Hatebreed's sig.

.......and history is repeating itself. BTW, Bashar did not have much contribution in winning those WC games.

Last edited by One World; July 18, 2009 at 08:03 PM..
Old July 18, 2009, 08:58 PM
Cricket Guru

congratulating a player who scored 12 :S !?! Ashraful seriously needs a break. He hasn't scored anything good in so long!
Old July 18, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

sarcasm++ == --sorrow

Old July 18, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
congratulating a player who scored 12 :S !?! Ashraful seriously needs a break. He hasn't scored anything good in so long!
Antora welcome to bc- where we celebrate even the slightest things like bowler getting a touch off the ball....

Edit: love your sig Vhola!

Quote:
Life is like a sequential Circuit: your current output depends on your previous inputs.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 19, 2009, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

15 s, and not counting those, additional 28 single figure scores with one 0* in 95 test innings.

Of course we ought to celebrate the fact he reached double figure to make his 23.45 average look ALMOST believable! We have celebrated all five of his test 100s, the 158* was bar far the best I've ever seen from a Bangladeshi batsman, and those seven test 50s.

If we can celebrate those HUGE exceptions, why not celebrate the NORM? ...

CELEBRATION IS GOOD! BE HAPPY PEEPZ! MO NEEDS A NEW NICK AND THE GOOD VIBES! ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM..
Old July 19, 2009, 12:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Sometimes member arguments make few BC threads just worse than a circus.
They will cut off Shahriar Nafis for not being able to sustain against bigger teams, never will appreciate Alok Kapali (there may be some group with Tushar innit) and now asking for ASH's head, like we have such good replacements.
Someone is ranting in another thread for Sakib's decision of choosing to bowl first.
Some members even argue from time to time why the senior players are not given sufficient chances and currently ASH is the senior most in the team.
Old July 19, 2009, 12:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Note: When Shakib and JuSi begin to approach Mo's monumental achievements, they'll get their own. JuSi will probably get there with his kick@$$ front foot technique, but Shakib will never get there.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 19, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cricket Sage

My point is Player's are humans and they are not anyone above another Bangladeshi.
People asked for Mushfik's wicket keeping (including me) but also I appreciated his current performance in West Indies and I will pray it sustains.
We never question for Tamim cos we know he knows batting and we never question Rafique because we know he knows bowling, regardless of conditions.
Now other players are all alike more or less (in terms of longer version per say).
Old July 19, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
JuSi will probably get there with his kick@$$ front foot technique, but Shakib will never get there.
Tamim>>>Jusi in all aspect.
Old July 19, 2009, 01:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Didi, he scored a century in our last Test series against Srilanka in Dec/Jan.
Old July 19, 2009, 01:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
My point is Player's are humans and they are not anyone above another Bangladeshi.
People asked for Mushfik's wicket keeping (including me) but also I appreciated his current performance in West Indies and I will pray it sustains.
We never question for Tamim cos we know he knows batting and we never question Rafique because we know he knows bowling, regardless of conditions.
Now other players are all alike more or less (in terms of longer version per say).
Well said, One World bhai
Old July 19, 2009, 02:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Didi, he scored a century in our last Test series against Srilanka in Dec/Jan.
OMG LOL how can I forget that!? I was celebrating his century in Pabna
Old July 19, 2009, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Sohel bhai please open a thread on Shakib.
Yeah how about his time and again half pull shot which only causes wickets to opponent?
Old July 19, 2009, 02:30 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
OMG LOL how can I forget that!? I was celebrating his century in Pabna
Pabna Mental Hospital? LOL
Old July 19, 2009, 03:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

হ্যা জাভেদ ভাইকে সংগ দিচ্ছিলো
Old July 19, 2009, 09:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp348
R u kidding, why you need to fix Ashraful's head? Is he doing anything wrong, I think he played best, among the other batsmen, in our first innings for his valuable 12 (can u even think how much the deficit would have been, if he didn't play that invaluable innings)? More over, he bowled a very tidy spell (may not be the best.....as u skeptics would say....neverthless very tidy and economical one), I am increasingly/faster becoming a great fan of bowler Ashraful.

Other than his great contribution with batting and bowling, u guys forgot his two vital catches (u all have so short memory), those were the match (ops WI 1st innings) turning point. I can't even imagine (what would have happened without those vital catches) what WI 1st innings total would have been? And u guys are bashing him, so ungrateful......all of you......shame on u. As some one has mentioned in a thread after the 1st test, that we should keep Ashraful in the team just only because of his nag of breaking through vital partnership (i think he was actually degrading Ashraful the bowler), now I want him in the team only on the basis of his great fielding skill of taking Vital catches to breaking threatning partnership........can any one match him, I don't think so. If u compare his fielding, for all the tests we played these year, you can see he was even better ..........(emmm not sure, against whom to compare with, is it tamim, shakib u all think as the best fielder in the team), can someone please dig the appropriate stats in to show his highness's greatness.
Please read the basis of my response to the point Siddon has something to do with Ash's misery. If Ash has nothing to fix, and if Ash is already contributing in other ways, then what fix Siddon is supposed to do in Ash ? Then the argument is much more stronger to my point that there is not much Siddon can do to experienced player like Ash unless the player himself realize and do it for himself.
Old July 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

May have been coincidental but did you notice the catch from Ashraul? Did you notice where he was? How he was AWAY from everyone, AWAY from the wicket. Some folks mentioned that Ash was "giving" advise to Shakib during the first test and that "helped" BD to win. What is wrong with Shakib, why would he send such an "influencial advisor" away from his ear shot? Worse of all, BD took four wickets while Ash stayed away. Shakib boro beyadob. Just cause Ash can't take (or comprehend) advise from other's and utilize common sense, doesn't mean Ash can't be giving good advise to Shakib, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Kothay ache, boro bhai der shathe beyadopi korte nai. Ashrafuler shathe emon beyadopi kora ki amader immature 20/22 bochorer khokader shaajey?
Old July 19, 2009, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

congratulations... mr eid furti...
Old July 19, 2009, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

This is what I am talking about.