facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Question upcoming schedule???

don't we have a test and odi series in new zealand in dec/jan of this year coming up?

if so, why is everyone saying we won't have tests for a year.

still thats a big gap, huge even.

we played one great test against australia, and they are the world's best for exactly the same reason that we are struggling in this match. of course, playing at our utmost ability, we could have done much better.

but i think we (read BCB) needs to organzie at least one test series in between now and the next scheduled assignments.

this is a world cup prep year, and playing 16 ODIs against the likes of zimbabwe and kenya are utterly unacceptable. that would be like australia playing 8 tests and 12 ODIs against us in 2006 to prep for the world cup.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old April 17, 2006, 03:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv Richards

According to CricInfo, we have tentative schedules to play India (home) in Oct-2006, and New Zealand (away) in Dec-2006.

As much care India has shown previously for playing with us, I doubt they will come. They will find some excuse play more *profitable* matches with PAK or someone else. NZ tour will happen as scheduled, I guess.
Old April 17, 2006, 03:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

I hope it does go ahead. We need matches.
Old April 17, 2006, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah, this actually bothers me...a LOT. here we are, showing some improvement, avoiding innings defeats against the sri lankans, making life hell for the aussies, snatching a couple of odi wins from test playing teams, and all we get is seventeen odi's against zaimbabwe and kenya. heck we even play associates in the few practice matches right before the world cup. all this is detrimental to our cricket in two ways: 1. we will be going into the world cup with a huge lack of preparation (what good can a couple of series wins against zim and kenya do?) and 2. we will be back to where we were in the test arena a year ago.

we might as well have sat out the sri lanka and australia series this year - wouldn't have made any difference really.
Old April 17, 2006, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

how are we expected to prepare for the WC with a schedule like this? with the recent traces of improvement, i seriously think we can make one heck of an impression in the west indies next year if we are given a couple of tours against strong opposition. a few wins will boost the team's confidence, and we will be able to go into the world cup with a streak of commendable performances. however, with no such tours, our players might slack off and have to start all over again, hence screwing it all up when it matters.

i know there is no scope of making changes to the icc's schedule, but isn't there anything that we can do? dudher shaad ghole metanor jonno holeo?
Old April 17, 2006, 04:59 PM
Street Cricketer

dont bangladesh have to play some qualifying ,matches for the Champions trophy in India this September/October? Would be against West Indies/Zimbabwe I think
Old April 17, 2006, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

and sri lanka. hope we make it to the main event; we should look to make the best of the chances provided to us, and get as many games as we can.
Old April 17, 2006, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judhishthir
According to CricInfo, we have tentative schedules to play India (home) in Oct-2006, and New Zealand (away) in Dec-2006.

As much care India has shown previously for playing with us, I doubt they will come. They will find some excuse play more *profitable* matches with PAK or someone else. NZ tour will happen as scheduled, I guess.
Probably both of these series will not be held specially Indian one. We need to play some ODI's against West Indies.
Old April 17, 2006, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

I will be waiting for the match against West Indies in the Qualifying series for the champions trophy. This match will let us know if we can become the number 8 team, and let West Indies, and Zimbabwe be the minnows.
Old April 17, 2006, 11:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

hey...BCCI and other teams are always amending the ICC FTP, i am sure even we've done once before. so why not invite someone who is not playing at a time when we are free. with our improvements, we should be able to get a series with pretty much any team (i am excluding india of course, its high time we show them the middle finger until they change their policy towards us).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 17, 2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
hey...BCCI and other teams are always amending the ICC FTP, i am sure even we've done once before. so why not invite someone who is not playing at a time when we are free. with our improvements, we should be able to get a series with pretty much any team (i am excluding india of course, its high time we show them the middle finger until they change their policy towards us).
How about inviting the West Indies. I'm getting tired of Zimbabwe and Kenya tussles