facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 17, 2018, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

The same people who rape and beat our women who go to work there as maids.

Old October 17, 2018, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was wondering what sort of music does a man listen to while chopping off (dismember) another human being??

Also thought music was haram for Saudi's but guess not!!
Old October 17, 2018, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol Sauds didn't even think their embassy was bugged
Old October 17, 2018, 10:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Lol Sauds didn't even think their embassy was bugged
Embassy wasn't bugged. His apple watch (which he was wearing) was synced to his another phone outside the embassy.

Anyways, this is not the first time.
Infact as much as "ToBeFair" would make you believe that MBS is the reason, the fact is that such kidnapping/killing has been the modus operandi of the Saudi Govt for years (long before Bin Salman ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2KYQWPUbG4
Old October 17, 2018, 10:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Embassy wasn't bugged. His apple watch (which he was wearing) was synced to his another phone outside the embassy.

Infact as much as "ToBeFair" would make you believe that MBS is the reason, the fact is that such kidnapping/killing has been the modus operandi of the Saudi Govt for years (long before Bin Salman ).

applewatch having such capability is nearly impossible. Bluetooth range is very limited so a watch to be synched to an iphone from that distance makes no sense. Also there were reports about the 15 men using his severed fingers to unlock the watch to delete couple of files is also pretty bogus as the watch has no such capability.

Its pretty gruesome how the Monarchy could get away with such barbaric act. As a muslim I am repulsed such people are in charge of the two of the holiest site. I have made a personal vow to never visit that place until the monarch is fully gone.
Old October 18, 2018, 04:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
As a muslim I am repulsed such people are in charge of the two of the holiest site. I have made a personal vow to never visit that place until the monarch is fully gone.
Suppose the monarchy remains in power throughout your life, assuming that you are a Muslim, how will your perform hajj/umrah?
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 18, 2018, 06:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I've read about the Apple Watch explanation and like Tonoy explained, I don't believe it. It could be right though, who knows.

Turkey supposedly has a lot of evidence but is quite hesitant to reveal its sources which leads to believe either someone from inside the embassy ratted them out/is a mole or the embassy is itself is bugged. Seeing how relations between Turkey and Saud are, I wouldn't be surprised if the embassy is indeed bugged which most countries in the world probably do anyways. It would also explain why they are hesitant because it would not be good for global relations if Turkey comes out admitting they bug foreign embassies.
Old October 18, 2018, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
These are the same people that look after the two holy mosque in Saudi...

The same people that pray to God. That fast. That call themselves Muslims.

But....

I get scared these days when so called righteous people start preaching online...
You are thinking out side of the box and I am loving it to be honest
Old October 18, 2018, 10:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

It is already clear that the Saudi Government murdered Jamal Khashoggi, but the only drama that is waiting to be played out is how US and Turkey help the Saudis get out of this mess without rocking the Saudi establishment boat in exchange for $$$.

US has already received 100 million dollars from the Saudis for reconstruction in Syria (read 'bribe'). Trump had business ties with Saudis for two decades. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand why Trump has so brazenly and forcefully defended the Saudi royals after such a horrific murder, and even floated the 'rogue killers' theory. May be Roey and other BC Trumpers can explain the defense of their great President.

As for Turkey, they are in bad shape economically, and they have all the proofs of this murder, and they will definitely use it to squeeze as much money as possible from the Saudis.

As for the Saudis, US and Turkey already suggested them to admit the murder but asked them to attribute it to rouge killer theory, an event that has taken place without the knowledge of the King or the Crown Prince. But Saudi so far has been unwilling to eat this small humble pie, despite Pomeo's visit, and that is the only reason why any official statement or explanation has not come out from the Royal Court yet.

I predict that the Saudis will sooner or later admit that Khassogi was killed by an over-enthusiastic rogue investigation team, without the knowledge of MBS. I cannot fathom any other theory they can come up with. Their state sponsored newspapers floated the theory that Qatar and Turkey ganged up together and murdered Khashoggi, but even their own people did not buy it.

Saudi will lose billions. The lesson of history is no one learns from history. Muslims for sure did not learn from the history of World War I.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 18, 2018, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

The lesson of history is no one learns from history. Muslims for sure did not learn from the history of World War I.
Do not take them as Awliyaa/Guardians/protectors.... Doing business with them is one thing, but being financially dependent is a whole new level, one day they will get screwed really badly just like WWI...
Old October 18, 2018, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I don't endorse Trump's Saudi Arabia appeasement. I only dream of the day USA cuts ties with KSA.
Old October 18, 2018, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
The lesson of history is no one learns from history. Muslims for sure did not learn from the history of World War I.
I have limited knowledge of how WWI impacted the Islamic world. Can you please provide a quick summary or any link that offers a synopsis of the events?
Old October 18, 2018, 01:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I have limited knowledge of how WWI impacted the Islamic world. Can you please provide a quick summary or any link that offers a synopsis of the events?

1914: The Shaping of the Modern Muslim World - Part 1 ~ Dr. Yasir Qadhi

1914: The Shaping of the Modern Muslim World pt.2 - Yasir Qadhi & Nabil Bayakli
Old October 18, 2018, 01:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

BTW, I forgot to mention that Saudi will spill more blood to do the cover ups. Already reports are coming out that one person related to the killing died in car accident today.

The 15 men squad, the consul general of KSA at Turkey, the advisor who repeatedly advised Bin Salman to ahead with this plot, all are under the sword of Damocles now.
Old October 18, 2018, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Suppose the monarchy remains in power throughout your life, assuming that you are a Muslim, how will your perform hajj/umrah?
This is a very good question and I am in a dilemma. As a muslim I should perform hajj/umrah if I am capable but at the same time I do not want my money to be spent in killing innocent people and quench that tyrant's thirst for blood
Old October 18, 2018, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
The Arabs rebelled against the practically dead Ottoman Caliphate with British help. Britain and France divided the ME into the countries you see now.
Old October 20, 2018, 07:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

KSA put out their official statement

Quote:
"The case of the disappearance of the citizen Jamal bin Ahmed Khashoggi drew the attention of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the highest levels, and due to the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, the Kingdom took the necessary procedures to clarify the truth and began by dispatching a security team to Turkey on 6 October 2018 to investigate and cooperate with counterparts in Turkey.

That was followed by the formation of a joint security team between the Kingdom and the Republic of Turkey, with a permission given to the Turkish security authorities to enter the Consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul and the residence of the Consul, for the Kingdom's keenness to clarify all the facts, as the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has issued an order to the Public Prosecutor of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, No. 5709 dated 3/2/1440 H to conduct investigations into the case.

The Public Prosecutor has already investigated a number of suspects on the basis of information provided by the Turkish authorities to the Joint Security Team to determine whether any of them had any information or relation to what has been happened related where the information that transferred to the security authorities indicated that the citizen Jamal Khashoggi had left the consulate.

In implementation to the directives of the leadership of the need to clearly know the truth and declare it transparently whatever, the preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecution showed that the suspect had traveled to Istanbul to meet with the citizen Jamal Khashoggi as there were indications of the possibility of his returning back to the country.

The results of the preliminary investigations also revealed that the discussions that took place with the citizen Jamal Khashoggi during his presence in the consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul by the suspects did not go as required and developed in a negative way led to a fight and a quarrel between some of them and the citizen Jamal Khashoggi, yet the brawl aggravated to lead to his death and their attempt to conceal and cover what happened.

The source added that while the investigations are still ongoing into the case with the 18 Saudi detainees, the Kingdom expresses its deep regret at the painful developments that have taken place and stresses the commitment of the authorities in the Kingdom to bring the facts to the public opinion, to hold all those involved accountable and bring them to justice by referring them to the competent courts in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
The leader of the free world President Donald J. Trump found this explanation very credible
Old November 1, 2018, 12:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Couldn't find the video game thread. But Jesus Christ, this looks amazing!!! And I am not a gamer...

And another entertainment news on my mind... Joker will be appearing on 2019. Played by Joaquim Phoenix.

https://www.google.com/search?q=joke...&bih=758&dpr=1
Old November 1, 2018, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Did you guys check out RDR2, time to bunk a few days from uni/work.
Old November 3, 2018, 01:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pakistan is reeling under the protests from extremists throughout the country, after their Supreme Court acquited Asia Bibi, who was charged with making defaming statement about Prophet Muhammad (S).

She has spent eight years in jail before her acquital. Also the lawyer who represented her already left the country fearing his life.

This goes to show the dangerous level extremeism has taken root in Pakistan. Imran Khan tried to control the situation by cajoling the extremist groups, but in this scenerio, the appropriate course of action was TOUGHNESS.

He will be addressing his nation soon, and if he has any knowledge, he should quote the folloiwng verse from the Holy Quran that is sufficient to calm the siutation:

Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers [Quran 15:95]

Here God has declared that He alone is sufficient to preseve the dignity and honor of His Prophet against his mockers, both of his time and those to come until the end of time. Therefore, making protests and disrupting public life in the name of honoring the Prophet adds nothing but rather shows immaturity and lack of proper understanding the religion.

Also, is the honor of Prophet so fickle that an unverfied comment from a no-name deserves so much reaction? If you love the Prophet, why don't you follow his way in your life instead of demanding hanging of a no-name based on some filmsy, unsubstantiated proof?

People of Pakistan (and sub-continent to some extent) are truly ungovernable.
Old November 3, 2018, 01:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Three great aritcles from Counterpunch:

Saudi Killing in an Age of Manufactured Outrage

India’s Farmers Plan Mass March to the Nation’s Parliament as Agrarian Crisis Reaches “Civilization Proportions”

Bolsonaro: a Monster Engineered by Our Media
Old November 3, 2018, 01:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Interesting turn of events in Maldives and Sri Lanka. In Maldives, US-China axis has won after the defeat of Abdullah Yameen. SL is in crisis after President Sirisina sacked the PM. I feel this was an ill-advised move from China. He should have asked for a confidence vote. Now if Rajapakshe cannot prove his majority, it will another win for India-US axis.

SAD.
Old November 5, 2018, 02:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

I hate people.
Old November 5, 2018, 02:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Pakistan is reeling under the protests from extremists throughout the country, after their Supreme Court acquited Asia Bibi, who was charged with making defaming statement about Prophet Muhammad (S).

She has spent eight years in jail before her acquital. Also the lawyer who represented her already left the country fearing his life.

This goes to show the dangerous level extremeism has taken root in Pakistan. Imran Khan tried to control the situation by cajoling the extremist groups, but in this scenerio, the appropriate course of action was TOUGHNESS.

He will be addressing his nation soon, and if he has any knowledge, he should quote the folloiwng verse from the Holy Quran that is sufficient to calm the siutation:

Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers [Quran 15:95]

Here God has declared that He alone is sufficient to preseve the dignity and honor of His Prophet against his mockers, both of his time and those to come until the end of time. Therefore, making protests and disrupting public life in the name of honoring the Prophet adds nothing but rather shows immaturity and lack of proper understanding the religion.

Also, is the honor of Prophet so fickle that an unverfied comment from a no-name deserves so much reaction? If you love the Prophet, why don't you follow his way in your life instead of demanding hanging of a no-name based on some filmsy, unsubstantiated proof?

People of Pakistan (and sub-continent to some extent) are truly ungovernable.
This is not just in Pakistan, but the same thing is happening in Bangladesh for a long time now. Lots of bloggers who criticized the religion (also the prophet) being targetted and killed, one of those killed was only targetted for agreeing with the bloggers literature. Even authors like Zafar Iqbal has been made a target. So it is wrong to point fingers at Pakistan when we are equally bad if not worse.

There are few things you must realize. You cannot say "We must defend the honor of prophet with our lives" and than also quote " Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers" . You cannot have it both ways just to suit your purpose.
I have the right to criticize every wrong action irrespective of who committed them.

You must remember, if I call someone "bad" does not make him bad, neither forcing to admit that someone is "the best" necessarily makes him the best.

You only fight when you cannot answer any criticism with proper logic.

The bloggers were targeted because in a lot of cases the information presented cannot be defended in any other form. For example, you cannot defend a man marrying his own "daughter in law", and yes your prophet did that. I have just stated a fact that is universally accepted by every scholar in the world. But stating this makes me a target because I am portraying him in a bad light. Why should that be the case? I am not mocking the prophet, I am stating a fact that no one I have known could ever defend. (so much for the quote 15:95)

Asia bibi is not the first to be targetted by the extremist and she wont be the last either. Government of Pak already wilted to the extremist demand by ensuring that she cannot escape Pakistan. She is a poor women with 5 kids (unverified) who was targetted by the blood thirsty extremists and once a playboy has now become the enforcer for these extremists (imran khan).

Please remember, Holey Artisan did not happen in a vacuum. It happened because the government refused to take action against numerous blogger killings that pre-dated the Holey Artisan. Instead the Government blamed and arrested the bloggers for getting killed. Those lives in Holey artisan could have been saved if right actions were taken at the right time.
Old November 5, 2018, 03:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
You cannot say "We must defend the honor of prophet with our lives" and than also quote " Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers" . You cannot have it both ways just to suit your purpose.
Where did I say that we must defend the honor of the Prophet with our lives? I never said that in the post. Don't misquote me.