facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
i realy think that Mash got the ability to score but in most odis he has the tendancy to come to the crease & start hitting. He should change his mind set & play more like an alrounder.

Dhiman in the mean time has to do more in the odis so that he can remain the wk for long.
His wkeepng isnt as good as Rahim's but may have something on his bttng..
Mashrafee was never an allrounder and probably never will be. He struggles against fast bowling, specially if the bowl is bowled short of length. He needs to practise facing short deliveries on the net if he is to ever become an accomplished batsmen.

Old August 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

34 more hours to go before the third match begins!
can't wait!! yyyyooooooo!!! very excited!
Old August 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Mash is always good againest crap bowling (remember Kenya, Ireland, Zimbo). so nothing to be happy about. I am rather worried about our so called top order's capitulation against crap bowling. If you wanted to be happy with this so called hard win then be happy. But it should be walk in the park for any top class team. If we do not consider ourselves as top class team then we have no business playing in australia
Old August 21, 2008, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Mash is always good againest crap bowling (remember Kenya, Ireland, Zimbo). so nothing to be happy about. I am rather worried about our so called top order's capitulation against crap bowling. If you wanted to be happy with this so called hard win then be happy. But it should be walk in the park for any top class team. If we do not consider ourselves as top class team then we have no business playing in australia
at least a win is better than loss... and Australlia is still a full strength team without Ponting or Lee. you have Tait, Bracken and Johnson and you still have those allrounders who average 56+ with the bat and 35 with the BAll..some Bangladeshi fans are thinking
oh our chances of victory has increased, actually not by much, not by much at all.

you are right about Mortaza,i am just happy this guy is batting beautifully along with Dhiman. and i agree with you that if we are to even consider competing with Australlia, than this AIS team should be "walk in the park", nothing wrong with that statement, so we should as best well-wishers of Bangladesh expect a convincing series win.

i don't think the bowlers did that bad though in the 2nd ODI. although a better performance is always appreciated and in some cases needed.
Old August 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

It was interesting to see Dollar causing injury to an opposition batsman. Was this because of the Dollar's aggression or did the batsman get carried away and try and hit out?
Old August 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
i realy think that Mash got the ability to score but in most odis he has the tendancy to come to the crease & start hitting. He should change his mind set & play more like an alrounder.

Dhiman in the mean time has to do more in the odis so that he can remain the wk for long.
His wkeepng isnt as good as Rahim's but may have something on his bttng..
I think you meant the other way,, Dhiman was always known for his wicket-keeping and some explosive batting.. Mushfique on the other hand is the better batsman and an okay wicketkeeper. He was/is selected as an additional batsman the team needed..
Old August 21, 2008, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (56 not out). So he finally made up his mind to concentrate on Batting.
Welcome green Tea,

But don't think mash has made up any such mind. I am still prepared to watch him taking 2 step back and trying to forward sweep the likes of bret lee??
Old August 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Welcome green Tea,

But don't think mash has made up any such mind. I am still prepared to watch him taking 2 step back and trying to forward sweep the likes of bret lee??
Now that Brett is out, Mash will need to take only one step back, thus allowing him to swat that bumper over that long on fence off the next best Aussie bowler.
Old August 21, 2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
It was interesting to see Dollar causing injury to an opposition batsman. Was this because of the Dollar's aggression or did the batsman get carried away and try and hit out?
Dollar's aggression....makes me think of US tanks in Iraq and a Bush logo on them.
Old August 21, 2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Mashrafee was never an allrounder and probably never will be. He struggles against fast bowling, specially if the bowl is bowled short of length. He needs to practise facing short deliveries on the net if he is to ever become an accomplished batsmen.
Mash is an allrounder..in our head at least. True though, he ain't no Kapil Dev.