facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 6, 2012, 12:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

In our house, lying is never forgiven. Our daughter knows it very well. If I catch anyone lying just once, I never can trust that person. Then again, can you trust any politician? BD politician or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Let me say that Julien will likely never return for two reasons:

1. He has a better paid role and is highly respected in Pakistan
2. He was let down by Mustafa Kamal who shook his hand on an extension to his role and then Julien's job was advertised while he attended his dying father in England

From my viewpoint, I have been a successful Head Coach with Dhaka Gladiators and was asked to return by Mustafa Kamal in February to be with the national team in some capacity. I have heard nothing from the BCB since.

In life, you can only ever judge people by their actions and not their words. This is never more true than in Bangladesh. Those of us who have worked there understand that.

Old November 6, 2012, 12:13 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Your post showed that you truly are a sage. However, I would say that there still are a lot of honest men and women in Bangladesh. I met quite a few in Bangladesh this summer. They proved their honesty by their actions, not words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Coach, with two coaching stints in the country you now realize the ugly truth: we, as a nation/peoples, are disgraceful. We have no dignity. All politicians are liars, and in Bangladesh everyone is a politician. Subcontinent in general is a cesspool of corrupt and uncivilized people, Bangladesh epitomizes that.

I was raised by my parents with the understanding that a promise or a commitment must be kept to fulfillment even if it breaks your back...next time don't make such promises! I was taught by my religion that the laborer must be paid for his work "before the sweat from his brow dries." Clearly those who made deals with Coach Fountain and those who contracted you to coach in BPL weren't raised with such ideals.

But knowing this, people like you and Richard McInnes have the passion to continue and try to help a nation that really doesn't care to help herself. We as fans can only salute you and wish we had the same conviction in our day to day lives.

So I ask you, why wait for the BCB, why not put in an offer for the HC job yourself? Get your people to talk to their people. We could use a guy who unlike Pybus is under no false assurance of what to expect once the plane lands.
Old November 10, 2012, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

When will they get a permanent coach? Did they even make a short list?

They should take notes from the Lakers.
Old November 10, 2012, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Still no news. Maybe they will want to make SJ the head coach :P
Old November 10, 2012, 03:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Making Nazza! coach and captain will solve all of our problems, including cricket related ones. Give it a go and see what happens before presuming anything.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 10, 2012, 03:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Still no news. Maybe they will want to make SJ the head coach :P
They will probably see the outcome of this series before taking any decision...
Old November 10, 2012, 03:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

In the meantime, it's great to almost always run into the coaching staff at the North End Coffee Roasters. Always in uniform with their iPads, Facebooking the week away.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
In the meantime, it's great to almost always run into the coaching staff at the North End Coffee Roasters. Always in uniform with their iPads, Facebooking the week away.
How times have changed....
Old November 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

We don't have any international games after WI series for like 4/5 months. SO whats the point of hiring a coach now? To give him paid vacations?
All the national players will be busy with NCL franchises, DPL and BPL after WI series is over.

BCB has enough time to think about a new coach. BCB always hire good head coaches for national team. Have patience guys.
Old November 11, 2012, 03:21 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
We don't have any international games after WI series for like 4/5 months. SO whats the point of hiring a coach now? To give him paid vacations?
All the national players will be busy with NCL franchises, DPL and BPL after WI series is over.

BCB has enough time to think about a new coach. BCB always hire good head coaches for national team. Have patience guys.
Hang on a minute.. wasn't this the very point that successive head coaches made about wanting to go home when there was no coaching for them to do?

And haven't successive head coaches been slammed for wanting to be away from Bangladesh?

You either have an active Head Coach who works with players or you don't, but you cannot have it both ways if they want time with their family because they have nothing to do....