facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2011, 03:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
[...] Irish team isn't priveleged with the same facilities as the Bangladesh team.
What? Are you aware of the facilities available in Ireland and Scotland ? They have access to similar resource and facilities as the English team does. Many of the Irish players play in the English county cricket REGULARLY, which our guys don't.

Quote:
The Irish team plays with much more passion and effort than the Bangladesh team. If you want you can debate with me on that.
Ireland, with their efforts against England and India have won you over like there's no tomorrow! This Irish team is out on a mission to stick it up ICC's ever since it was decided that the Associates will be effectively cut out of the ODI World Cup from 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
i've opened a thread about this.. But no response..
I know you did. It has been moved to the Support forum, and I'm sure it's being looked after. You're not ignored

Old March 6, 2011, 03:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ireland look the better team.

Basically Bangladesh do not have enough good enough players to compete at the highest level.

2 world class players is NOT enuf. We need at least 4 world class batsmen and 3 world class bowlers.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
Ireland's current succes in comparison to Bangladesh's is because of a few reasons some of which are explained as below (some of which have been covered above):

Many Irish players play in county
Irish players are better built (if not equally fit) than Bangladeshi players
They dont have corrupt polticians running their board
They have more olders and mature players
Bingo
Old March 6, 2011, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Firstly, I am not taking away any credit for ireland for the wonderful performance but below are some points to consider.

1) This same unit of Ireland (beside 1 or 2 players) been representing Ireland ever since I can remember. They do not really have a proper structure, an A team or an Academy team of any substance to talk about.

That structure is important because once 2 to 3 of their prime players loose form or retire this would turn into another Kenya story.

2) Bangladeshi cricketers are a lot deprived than most test playing nations ,except Pakistan, where the first class salary structure is equally abymyssal. Most of the talented cricketers loose interest to continue playing with the same intensity in the first class matches once they are not selected to the national team after few seasons. This is because the low salary is not enough to sustain them and be a professional cricketer for throughout the year.

3) Bangladesh had only 2 bowling machine in the whole country even a year back. That should tell you something about the state of facilities that the cricketers recieve.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
It's such a piss-off at times, seriously.

Can we PLEASE put on a post-count or "member since" sort of qualification before someone can post in the forum, Tehsin bhai ? I'm begging you
yes please but not post count but let all new threads be approved by the moderators.there has been too many bashing threads now days..its very negative and detrimental.lot of people read this threads even if they are not writing.esp during the world cup
Old March 6, 2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

in my opinion, ireland deserve test status, right now. otherwise they will keep losing players to england. ireland proved what other associates couldnt do. they are giant killer from the first world cup.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
We're automatically getting in because of our test status.
Yeah, so?

BTW, our first WC was even before we received test status, in which we won 2 matches (one against a big team).

I agree 2003 was a bad one, but every team has it now and then.

In 2007, we beat two big teams.

2011 is yet to be complete.

The thing is Ireland hardly gets to play international cricket against the top teams, so they become ultra-motivated in the WCs. But I know that's not an excuse for us to be poor.

But one thing is just coz Ireland's recent WC results are better than ours, doesn't mean they deserve to be here and we don't.

At least we beat Ireland - forget improvement speed - something even England can't do.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

compare bangladesh 19 vs. ireland 19, bangladesh academy team vs. ireland academy team, bangladesh A team vs. ireland A team.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

@1212

Dude, i have been to almost every Ireland matches when they were playing in Ireland. I have been fortunate enough to talk to Phil simmons, their players and their support staffs.

Back in 2008, when Bangladesh A was visiting Ireland, i caught up with their analyst. I asked him about Naeem (He just score a hundred) and told him that i missed the half of his innings. Then he was kind enough to show me few of the shot he played. Yes he had a video camera placed on the balcony and the video camera was connected to the laptops.

So while watching few of his shots, i asked him about the software he was using and he said that the software that he is using, was provided by ECB. and he also told me that ECB has helped Irish cricket with a lot of things.

Its not that they did not improve quite a lot but they have had a lot of help. They have good coaching staffs, its only that the majority of the population don't follow cricket but its changing now.

And Cricket was very popular in Ireland before 1920. They also bowled out West Indies for 25 runs back in 1975, they same West Indies team that won the world cup.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
It's such a piss-off at times, seriously.

Can we PLEASE put on a post-count or "member since" sort of qualification before someone can post in the forum, Tehsin bhai ? I'm begging you
They can post but some sort of restriction should be placed when opening a new thread.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
3) Bangladesh had only 2 bowling machine in the whole country even a year back. That should tell you something about the state of facilities that the cricketers recieve.
Even Canada had a bowling machine in almost every indoor facility in the country 2 years ago - more now - and that would be around 20-25 in total (educated guess).
Old March 6, 2011, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

The thing is, even if the ICC knew that we would struggle in our first ten years of test status, they would still give it to us after the very next game our team showed the slightest bit of promise. It was a decision made solely because it ensured the growth of cricket. And you've got to admit, it's worked. Its brought in at least 50M new fans of the game.

With Ireland, the ICC doesn't have that security. The interest in their national team atm isnt nearly equal to the interest in our team in our Champions trophy days. Thats basically what it boils down to. Not the infrastructure. Although I'm sure that plays a part as well...
Old March 6, 2011, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Ireland is a good team, so is Afghanistan. They are teams with a lot of promise.

We've played very poor cricket this tournament barring the game against Ireland.

This doesn't have to be a Bangladesh v Ireland issue.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 6, 2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Ireland has had to earn their right to play in the world cup. Bangladesh got it handed it to them.
^^^There shows how much cricket you follow!
Old March 6, 2011, 05:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Until Bangladesh sports a decent team, they should be revoked of test status. This team isn't ready to go up against the big boys.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Until Bangladesh sports a decent team, they should be revoked of test status. This team isn't ready to go up against the big boys.
Why are you so so intent on bashing the BD team so badly, please do a proper research and do not try to compare BD to Ireland.
For your information, test status will not be taken away from BD, the ICC will not do it, so you can bitch all you can, if this is the way you feel,. dont watch them play, we dont need you here on this forum, go on another forum and bitch about ther team.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

1212 = troll?
Old March 6, 2011, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes they are. But then again if you play in the county long enough you get a habbit of doing things right. We should invite Ireland more often then ZIM or atleast Invite both ireland and Zim once a year instead of playing Zim 2x a year.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
1212 = troll?
I think he is.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Why are you so so intent on bashing the BD team so badly, please do a proper research and do not try to compare BD to Ireland.
For your information, test status will not be taken away from BD, the ICC will not do it, so you can bitch all you can, if this is the way you feel,. dont watch them play, we dont need you here on this forum, go on another forum and bitch about ther team.
Some of you people need to get back to reality and realize the team isn't as good as everyone seems to think it is. Other than Tamim and Shakib this team is full of garbagemen. This is why fans start getting emotional over performances like the WI game. Bangladesh has never proved worthy of test status and they need to re-earn it.
Old March 6, 2011, 06:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Some of you people need to get back to reality and realize the team isn't as good as everyone seems to think it is. Other than Tamim and Shakib this team is full of garbagemen. This is why fans start getting emotional over performances like the WI game. Bangladesh has never proved worthy of test status and they need to re-earn it.
Dude where are you from? Which team do you support You don't sound like a Bangali to me, I have been a critic but dude you seem to be living on another planet. You can rant all you want, ICC is not going to listen to you. Even Trent Johnston himself said "they are not ready for tests" who are you to give them test status and take away our status.
Old March 6, 2011, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

1212 is the Haroon Lorgat!

Oh no! He will take away our test status and give it to Ireland!

Oh, my! What do we do now?

1212, please have mercy on us. Please do not take away our test status. I beg of you. Please. We are nothing without your seal of approval!
Old March 6, 2011, 06:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Why should we have our test status? Have we ever won any test series against good teams? More often than not we've been embarrased against the likes of Sri Lanka India and Pakistan. I'm a bad guy because I think Bangladesh should not have test status until they can sport a decent team? I never blamed certain players for Bangladesh's recent struggle or the coach. Until this team has the talent level to compete, we should not have test status.
Old March 6, 2011, 06:30 PM
Club Cricketer

And it seems like the mentality of Bengali people never change. Instead of politely disagreeing people resort to attacking certain posters. No wonder why the country is still running the same politics as it was 40 years ago.
Old March 6, 2011, 06:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ganguly, Lance Klusener

Obvious troll is obvious.

Getting back to the subject of the thread, what impresses me about Ireland is that they don't have close to the same number of people playing the sport as Bangladesh does and there are significantly fewer resources invested in the sport. On an individual level, I think most of the Bangladeshi players have more natural talent than their Irish counterparts. It's only in the last four years that the Irish national players have become cricket professionals. In 2007, most of the team made their living by other means and played cricket for the joy of it. They seem to make up for the disparity in natural talent by being much more disciplined and spirited as a team. Also, I think the governing body for cricket in Ireland, Cricket Ireland, seems better managed and more productive in planning for the future.

Last edited by indianx; March 6, 2011 at 06:48 PM..