facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 20, 2009, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Lightbulb A brief overview on the concept of Affiliate marketing

Quote:
Affiliate Marketing is an Internet-based marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's marketing efforts. It is an application of crowdsourcing. Examples include rewards sites, where users are rewarded with cash or gifts, for the completion of an offer, and the referral of others to the site.

The Affiliate Marketing industry has four core players at its heart: the Merchant (also known informally as 'Retailer' or 'Brand'), the Network, the Publisher (also known informally as 'the Affiliate') and the Customer. The market has grown sufficiently in complexity to warrant a secondary tier of players, including Affiliate Management Agencies, Super-Affiliates and Specialized Third Parties vendors.

Affiliate marketing overlaps with other Internet marketing methods to some degree, because affiliates often use regular advertising methods. Those methods include organic search engine optimization, paid search engine marketing, e-mail marketing, and in some sense display advertising. On the other hand, affiliates sometimes use less orthodox techniques, such as publishing reviews of products or services offered by a partner.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing

And that is exactly what most of the giveaway websites are, Affiliates. They are involved in Affiliate Marketing.

Not many people are aware of marketing of this sort; because as soon as they hear about these, they straightaway jump onto the conclusion that it is one of those millions of scam advertisement etc etc that we all come across every single day.

Now the way we can get benefitted is that we can be a part of any of the well-known Affiliate organisations and get customers for any of the companies these organisations are Affiliates of. And as a result, these organisations will give us a part of the commission that they receive from all those companies because of the customers we have brought in.

And getting customers shouldn't sound like a job that people do knocking every door of an area and get people to sign up for things etc etc. You can make people you know your customers (as that would be the most convenient). And once they become your customers and complete their own offers, they themselves can start the Affiliate Marketing.

It is perfectly within the law with no catches and though it sounds like 'free stuff'' (again like those bad old scams) there isn't anything free tbh. You're working for the organisations and getting paid/rewards in exchange. And almost all the big big companies all over the world have tens of affiliates working for them everywhere.

Overall - it's a win-win situation for everyone involved.

- The companies get customers
- The Affiliates get commissions from the companies
- The Affiliate workers (us) get part of those commissions from the Affiliates
- The customers (by becoming a customer) now themselves can become Affiliate workers and start getting commissions by getting more customers.

To name a few of the companies in the UK that have Affiliates would be: Sky, BT, LoveFilm, HSBC, AA, E.ON, ASDA etc.
USA/Canada: Blockbuster, Homstead, Intuit, Video Professor, Next Millenium, Discover, LiveDrive etc etc.

And these are just very few of the hundreds of other companies worldwide.

The only thing to be careful of in this marketing thing is to get involved with an Affiliate organisation that is recognised by everyone, so that we can really be sure that our efforts will surely bear fruits.

Anyway, to sum it up, there couldn't have been an easier job to get involved with that has the least amount of hassles, if any, and the amount of time spent is minimal too. So It's just about understanding the simple procedure and then boom!

So give it a thought people coz that's a really fruitful way to spend your leisure. And what more! You can do all these sitting at home.

And last couple of months, after doing some deep deep research (unofficial, ofcourse ); I have become what you can say a mini-pro in this field. ..So anyone needing any help to understand this more or asking questions are welcome. And trust me! This thing is as good as it gets.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 11:32 AM..

Old December 20, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

looks like the recession has hit our affluent members :p
Old December 20, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
looks like the recession has hit our affluent members :p
Lol, recession or not; we are always after profits. Aren't we?
Old December 20, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Funny. I came back to this thread and instantly saw an Affiliate Website advertisement on the ad section of this page.
Old December 20, 2009, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Lol, recession or not; we are always after profits. Aren't we?
No. We are after daily meal, chaa buiscuit in the afternoon and a bed to sleep in. And now proabably an internet connection. I bet 95% of ppl here would be happy with that except hatebreed, he needs a ps3 instead of the bed.
Old December 20, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No. We are after daily meal, chaa buiscuit in the afternoon and a bed to sleep in. And now proabably an internet connection. I bet 95% of ppl here would be happy with that except hatebreed, he needs a ps3 instead of the bed.
Hahaa! we surely are after all those things, but if something makes that chasing a bit easier; that's even better.

And I'm sure, not only HateBreed, 100% of the rest of the people in here (except you, but that doesn't affect the % by much, so I left that as 100 ) would love to have a PS3 right now (if they haven't one already). And to make them able to have that without having to spend anything from their pocket is the motto of this thread.
Old December 20, 2009, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
make them able to have that without having to spend anything from their pocket is the motto of this thread.
This is priviledged info man. If it was layperson, he would be charging 500 canadian dollars for this.

I think robbing that immoral rich kid is faster way to buy a ps3 but that's just my opinion.
Old December 20, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is priviledged info man. If it was layperson, he would be charging 500 canadian dollars for this.

I think robbing that immoral rich kid is faster way to buy a ps3 but that's just my opinion.
Hahha!..oh well, I'm no fully-fledged saint either. My interest is involved in this as well, to an extent.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

This affiliate marketing concept is mostly from Amway, Primerica, etc, the big suckers of the lower income people.
Old December 20, 2009, 01:26 PM
Cricket Sage

but what about the ad that says i can make thousands of dollar posting links on google?
Old December 20, 2009, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
but what about the ad that says i can make thousands of dollar posting links on google?
Yep. That's another way to do it. But for that particular type of Marketing, you need to have websites of your own. And then Google will add automatically relevant ads to the different pages of your website and I think you'll get paid depending on how many people visit your websites.

Just like here, this particular thread of mine is about Affiliate Marketing, and if you check, you'd be able to see that the ads on top of this thread are mostly relevant to Affiliate Marketing. Though I'm not sure, but I think our beloved BC gets paid the similar way too (if they do..coz I think sometimes these ads are just a sort of a payback for using up webspace..but I'm not sure).

But this particular type is not convenient if you don't normally own a few websites. And it would be really troublesome, in my opinion, to create websites just for earning money, coz it's very unlikely people will visit your websites unless it is really something relevant or of interest to a group of people. And that is why I do not recommend that.

So for us people, who are already busy with studies or are already employed and don't really have that much time to commit ourselves fully to these sort of marketing; the giveaway websites are the best options as it's not time-consuming, neither it requires much effort.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 02:13 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
This affiliate marketing concept is mostly from Amway, Primerica, etc, the big suckers of the lower income people.
Affiliate Marketing has a very very broaaaaaaaad range. The organisations you mentioned like Amway, Primerica, (also Market America, Mary Kay and so many other I don't know much about) are mainly direct selling companies. And these are only reasonable to get involved with, if you're ready to commit yourself for a full-time job with them. But that's again, not convenient. And for people like us (students, already employed etc etc) that is not an option at all. Also I haven't researched about them much, so can't comment on it more than that.

But the particular type of marketing that I'm talking about is based on Giveaway companies, which don't require you to commit full-time. You can start, stop midway. It's all upto you. You don't get into any sort of contract. It is that flexible.

Also the money-sucking part, we, as the Affiliate workers, don't need to invest even a single penny in any of these things. Even for the customers, there are companies among the list I've provided (LoveFilm, Intuit etc) that offer free trials. And thus, our customers will only need to subscribe to their free trial. And after that whether they want to continue with their subscription or not is upto them(regardless of what they do, we the Affiliates will be counted as the ones that have brought those customers in and thus will duely get our rewards/gifts/payments).

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 25, 2009 at 03:15 AM..
Old December 20, 2009, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

And people, the best thing about the Affiliate Marketing that is based on Giveaway websites is, the information that the customers share are mostly with the companies (Sky, BT, LoveFilm, BlockBuster, Intuit and all the well-known companies) directly and NOT with the Affilate organisations. So the details stay safe and secure (just like they do when we shop online) from being misused in any way (which can't be said guaranteedly about most of the other types of Affiliate Marketing, as far as I know). And this is exactly the thing that worked me in, coz there is no risk involved even if the Affiliate website involved is a scam (which, at least the one I'm using, is not ). So in no way, your customers are gonna come back to you and say that something happened to them, coz there's no way anything can go wrong.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 05:00 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

I have a policy of shooting Amway or Quixtar goons in the left testicle with my bb if they try to walk into my front door.....
Old December 20, 2009, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
I have a policy of shooting Amway or Quixtar goons in the left testicle with my bb if they try to walk into my front door.....
Hehe! I'd have no problems if you do that. These are not any of the ones I'm talking about, they are DSA. I've heard things about them and now you lot are convincing me even more against them. Fair enough, they sukk but Giveaway websites RULE.

Edit: OK, bro; tell me what exactly do companies like Primerica, Amway or Quixtar do that are pissing so many of you off? I haven't got much experience with those particular companies. What's wrong with them?

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 05:32 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok, for people who are getting put off by the negative reviews of FagunerAgun bro and Billah bro on some companies: These are not the companies that I have talked about earlier of doing marketing with (check my company lists). They're DSA, and for us petty people, the question of getting involved with them doesn't appear, as it's very complicated and as two of our bros have negative experience with them(presumably), there maybe something really wrong with them and so I do discourage everyone from getting involved with any of those.

I can quote a part of the wiki article from my first post.

Quote:

Affiliate marketing overlaps with other Internet marketing methods to some degree, because affiliates often use regular advertising methods. Those methods include organic search engine optimization, paid search engine marketing, e-mail marketing, and in some sense display advertising. On the other hand, affiliates sometimes use less orthodox techniques, such as publishing reviews of products or services offered by a partner.
So rest assured.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 05:18 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

OK, this video should help a bit more. This guy explains the basic affiliate marketing procedure of many types. And the particular one I'm interested in and have been talking about in this thread starts from 1:57 (he refers to it as the subscription model). But you should watch the whole video to get the complete picture.

So let me simply summarise the way I got involved in all these (hoping that this would clear the cloud a bit more):

1. My friend was already an Affiliate worker and he asked me to be his customer so that he could get a commission because of me.

2. So he gave me a link to the Affiliate website he’s been working with and it contained his personal code. (I could've simply joined that site by directly going to its homepage without anyone's referral but in that case no Affiliate worker was going to get commission because of me and all the commission would've gone to the Affiliate organisation..but, anyway)

3. I went to that site and signed up for that website (the good thing was that he already had worked for it by then for couple of months and earned his money; so I knew this Affiliate website is recognised) and thus became a ‘pending' member (I had to complete the remaining steps in order to become a full member and thus start Affiliate Marketing for myself).

4. In this website, I found a list of offers to choose from several companies. I found Sky, HSBC, BT, LoveFilm, Intuit etc. in my list. Now to complete an offer you’ve to subscribe to any one of them. BUT I already had subscriptions with most of them (Sky for my TV, BT for my phone, HSBC for my dad’s bank account etc). So the only convenient options were LoveFilm (movie company), Intuit(website-making company) etc and luckily! they both had free trials before subscription and even subscribing to just the free trial is good enough to complete the offer for my friend.

5. And this subscription is just like the normal way you do online shopping or subscribe to anything online. And surely you'll trust all of these companies I’ve mentioned as these are all very well-known. (Now this is the part where most of the people back off because it asks for your info BUT it's Sky, HSBC, LoveFilm, BT etc etc we're talking about...are you trying to say these companies are scams and not reliable? Lol!)

6. So I chose LoveFilm (for obvious reasons ...you can choose whichever one suits your purpose) and signed up for their 2 weeks’ free trial. As part of the trial I received a movie of my choice and then sent it back to using their prepaid envelope. Once the company receives the movie disc from me, the offer is counted as 'COMPLETE' (regardless of whether I continue or not) and thus my friend became eligible for commission.

7. And all these (firstly, me becoming a customer for my friend and secondly completing an offer for him) meant now I myself became a FULL member of that particular Affiliate website.

8. So after that I started working as an Affiliate worker myself in that website and asked my other friends to do the exact same thing my old friend had asked me to do earlier (some got convinced and some are still in doubt about exactly how I am trying to cheat them ). And then after that, my friends started doing the same for themselves.

9. Now one thing is that some Affiliate websites have only the system of paying you directly (say £17 per customer) but others also include a system where a certain number of customers will give you a particular gadget. So for example - if I want an iPod, I need say 16 customers; if I want a Nokia N97, I’d need say 22 customers. Or, I can even get a £50 Amazon voucher for just 3 customers. But all these vary in different Affiliate websites but more or less the system is all the same.

So far I've managed to get 3 customers (thus am eligible for an Amazon voucher or 3 x £17 = £51), and If I manage to get 10 more customers, I'd be eligible for a PS3 or 13x£17 = £221; whichever one I want.

So, in short (oops! ); that's the A-Z procedure. And I hope you guys have got an idea of the procedure and good luck to everyone, who got convinced, on starting their own marketing.

And I'll be here to help anyone in choosing what Affiliate website to work with depending on what part of the globe you live in.

Peace...phew!!!! Well, this surely is helping my man management skills, if nothing else. ....or is it?

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 25, 2009 at 03:17 AM..
Old December 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Here's the other view (at least on Amway):

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/amway/criticism.html

In the end, it is a legal pyramid scheme. Unfortunate.
Old December 20, 2009, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Here's the other view (at least on Amway):

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/amway/criticism.html

In the end, it is a legal pyramid scheme. Unfortunate.
Lol! Sirji!!! The particular type of Affiliate Marketing that I am recommending is based on Giveaway websites (GAW) and the one you and the few other bros are talking about is Direct Selling Agencies (DSA). There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!

DSA involves companies like Amway, Quixtar etc etc which very people even know about outside the Marketing field and even I din't know about before I looked for all these.

But Giveaway Marketing involves all well-known companies (e.g. - Sky, BT, HSBC, LoveFilm etc. for UK) who in no way will deceive the Affiliate Workers or the Customers. People regularly sign up for these companies, not necessarily for Marketing purposes but for their own household needs. Ask anyone in the UK. I myself have Sky for my TV, BT for my phone, HSBC for my parents and recently joined with LoveFilm for this Marketing purposes. And there are so many others.

DSAs need you to invest (or buy using) your own money for something. However, GAW doesn't necessarily (there are so many companies with free trials which need no money to spend whatsoever). The whole GAW is based on bringing on a 'potential' customer, not necessarily a paying customer. A free trial is good enough to complete an offer in GAW whereas in DSA these sort of options aren't available it seems.

And there are negative reviews on loads of DSAs (mind you, not all) which you can easily find on the web, just like the link you've provided. But I'm not gonna talk about good DSAs as their Marketing procedure is not gonna be suitable for us.

But you can't find a single piece of official criticism about a single RECOGNISED Giveaway Affiliate website in the whole web. Because, there is no way anything can go wrong.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 09:08 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator

I am not dissing affiliate marketing.

I am an Amazon affiliate after all
Old December 20, 2009, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I am not dissing affiliate marketing.

I am an Amazon affiliate after all
There it is.....finally!!!!

Recognition tastes great.
Old December 20, 2009, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Purbasha seeing your success, I am not sure if I wanna do this affiliated marketing or start panhandling in NYC subway illegally. I think the latter is easier and atleast 1000x more profitable.

Just from pure observation, I can tell you what works and what doesn't in the dark world of subway panhandling.

Let me know if you are interested.
Old December 20, 2009, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Purbasha seeing your success, I am not sure if I wanna do this affiliated marketing or start panhandling in NYC subway illegally. I think the latter is easier and atleast 1000x more profitable.

Just from pure observation, I can tell you what works and what doesn't in the dark world of subway panhandling.

Let me know if you are interested.
Lol! Sarc at its best. But I'd respectfully disagree with the first half of your opinion and say the former one is easier. But profitable? Well, even one good piece of highway robbery might beat your panhandling in that regard. And I'd like to think that wouldn't be a scale for your preference.

The only ''good'' or ''easy'' about your subway panhandling is that you don't have to convince anyone that it is illegal; however, in the case of my A.M. I've to convince everyone that it is NOT so.

And if you've taken only the number of customers (three) that I've managed to get so far as a scale for my success, then please reconsider. Bcoz though I have known about all these for a while, I've practically started trying it out just a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Purbasha T; December 20, 2009 at 09:45 PM..
Old December 20, 2009, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

And if you've taken only the number of customers (three) that I've managed to get so far as a scale for my success, then please reconsider. Bcoz though I have known about all these for a while, I've practically started trying it out just a few weeks ago.
Good for you. It just seems a little hard when you don't have your own platform (ie a website with a lot of visitors). After a while, you will run out of friends to bother. then waht? approach random people on street? Kinda like panhandling no?
Old December 20, 2009, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Good for you. It just seems a little hard when you don't have your own platform (ie a website with a lot of visitors). After a while, you will run out of friends to bother. then waht? approach random people on street? Kinda like panhandling no?
Oh well! It's just the beginning; so currently I already have more than enough friends to deal with; it's just about convincing them. And when I run out of friends (which will take quite a while to take place) or something similar is likely to happen, new ideas will come into play; e.g. - making websites, videos or even owning an affiliate company myself .