facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 28, 2017, 10:56 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
And they’ve got plenty of others aside from this kid. Though they do have their fair share of hype and fail, chand, zol.

I hope he establishes himself in test cricket first but I’d say the chance of him playing this IPL is high.
They have more success than failures though. A lot of their discarded batsmen can still fit in most other teams.

Yeah I think the chance of him playing this IPL is very high. Mumbai Indians would surely love to have him.

Old November 28, 2017, 02:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Who? Never heard of this kid. Plays iPl?
He is Pinak Ghosh of India.
Old November 28, 2017, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

From the look of the things, he is preparing for U/19 WC. There is a high probability we will face India in QF (unless our boys mess it up against Namibia or Canada). I am looking forward to see how Shaw, Gill, or Rana measure against our boys in New Zealand.
Old November 28, 2017, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
From the look of the things, he is preparing for U/19 WC. There is a high probability we will face India in QF (unless our boys mess it up against Namibia or Canada). I am looking forward to see how Shaw, Gill, or Rana measure against our boys in New Zealand.
yesterday he played in the u19 challenger cup, scored a 50.
Old November 28, 2017, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Last August, India U/19 toured England and had beaten England U/19 5-0. Gill actually was more impressive on that Youth ODI series than Shaw was.

Our boys should have confidence of beating India since both us and Nepal managed to do that in the Asia Cup. However, that team was without Shaw and Gill.

We also should have confidence to beat England, in our group, since their team will be weaker without older players such as their ex-captain Max Holden, R Patel, A Virdi, etc who played last August but no more eligible to represent England U/19.
Old November 29, 2017, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Following Rahul Dravid's recommendation, BCCI has decided not to play young players in more than one u19 world cup, even if they are eligible by age. I think Shaw has already moved on to senior cricket, and is unlikely to play u19 World Cup.
Old November 29, 2017, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ That's old news. After the Asia Cup disaster, Shaw and Gill both have been called back to India U/19 camp and currently playing in U/19 Challenger Trophy, which will be used to select players for the India U/19 team for the WC.
Old November 29, 2017, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
^^ That's old news. After the Asia Cup disaster, Shaw and Gill both have been called back to India U/19 camp and currently playing in U/19 Challenger Trophy, which will be used to select players for the India U/19 team for the WC.
Shaw is playing with his Ranji team, Mumbai. Please show me the scorecard with Shaw playing in u19 Challenger.
Old November 29, 2017, 05:47 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Like I said, you're not keeping up with the news for your own players -
Quote:
For India Red, 18-year-old Prithvi Shaw, who just notched up a blazing 50 yesterday in a Ranji game, top scored with 63 off 44 balls, hitting 11 fours and two sixes.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/61836855.cms
Old November 29, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Shaw is playing with his Ranji team, Mumbai. Please show me the scorecard with Shaw playing in u19 Challenger.
Not a scorecard but an article mentioning he got 63:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.ne...s-1589771.html
Old November 29, 2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Not a scorecard but an article mentioning he got 63:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.ne...s-1589771.html
Fair point to you. But where does it say he's going to play U-19 World Cup?
Old November 29, 2017, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Why would he play in a trial trophy for U/19 players if he is no more in consideration for the U/19 team?!

I understand where Dravid coming from, but it would be pretty embarrassing for India to lose out to ZIM or PNG (both are similar in strength to Nepal), then ending up in plate groups. So makes sense that they are trying to pick their best team for WC.
Old November 29, 2017, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
^^ Why would he play in a trial trophy for U/19 players if he is no more in consideration for the U/19 team?!

I understand where Dravid coming from, but it would be pretty embarrassing for India to lose out to ZIM or PNG (both are similar in strength to Nepal), then ending up in plate groups. So makes sense that they are trying to pick their best team for WC.
I would rather that they give opportunity to the next generation of kids, instead of playing u19 veterans like Gill and Shaw. The whole purpose of u19 cricket is to give kids exposure and opportunity to learn. Not for boards to build bragging rights.

Another benefit would be to discourage people from fudging ages to maintain eligibility - if a young player is forced to move on to FC cricket after playing one u19, then the benefit of age fudging is reduced.
Old November 29, 2017, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Tbf India probably have the best U-19 talent in the world. If this kid is the next Tendulkar, I wouldn't waste him on the U19s WC. Get him playing against seniors and work his way up to the national team ASAP. Then again, Kohli was an U19 WC winning captain, so I suppose history doesn't necessarily support my view.
Old November 29, 2017, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Tbf India probably have the best U-19 talent in the world. If this kid is the next Tendulkar, I wouldn't waste him on the U19s WC. Get him playing against seniors and work his way up to the national team ASAP. Then again, Kohli was an U19 WC winning captain, so I suppose history doesn't necessarily support my view.
He's already hit 5 centuries in Ranji, although some of them probably were scored against weak attacks. But he will play the Ranji play-offs - and I think he made his Ranji debut in last year's final where he scored a big one as well.

Still, he's going to have to wait a couple of years, since the senior side already has 3 test openers. And so does the ODI team. But his time will come in a couple of years if he keeps batting like this - Murali Vijay and Dhawan aren't getting any younger. And he's only 18.

Ideally, I don't want to rush him - let him play at least another season or 2 of Ranji. And success at the domestic level doesn't automatically guarantee he's going to be an international class player either.
Old November 29, 2017, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Yeah I wouldn't play him in u19s anymore, gill either but since they are playing this challenger cup then they must be inconsideration for it otherwise it's odd because they seem far past (especially shaw) u19 level.

In fact with shaw being in such red hot form they could've imo played him in the 3rd test against SL to get him started.
Old January 15, 2018, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru

So far two matches in the u19 World Cup 2018, scores of 94 and 57*.
Old January 16, 2018, 04:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

He's murdering the opposition.
Old January 16, 2018, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

India producing a batting maestro is not newsworthy.

What is newsworthy is this U-19 team has two seamers bowling at 90+ mph. Shivam Mavi and the other guy whos' name I can't recall is even faster, reached 149 kph vs Australia.

#OneTeam1Dream