facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2013, 02:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Is it too late to become a pro cricketer?

Hi guys,I am new to this site. I am really sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I recently have visited a cricket stadium and went crazy after seeing the atmosphere. I was thinking of start playing cricket again in order to achieve my dream of becoming a pro cricketer.
I started playing cricket at the age of 5 and was in cricket academies. All my coaches always praised me and said you are the future, things like that which boosted my confidence a lot. Then at the age of 12 i moved from bangladesh to new zealand for family reasons. I stayed at NZ for two years where I joined cricket academies and returned to bangladesh. But after the age of 14 i quit cricket due to studies. Now i am 19 and wanna get back at cricket and start practicing every single day, work very hard. But do you think i can make it to the top level? I am moving to new zealand next year, start playing again. But i am very overweight now standing on 120kg 5.8 inch height .

Old November 9, 2013, 09:03 PM
MLC World Series I

The mere fact that you are asking us, tells us that you doubt yourself! You just want us to say "Yes", so it'll please you and make you a little happier inside.

If you're honestly determined, anything can be achievable!
Old November 10, 2013, 02:43 AM
Cricket Guru

You're only 19 and weigh +250lbs?
Old November 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
Street Cricketer

Maysun- bro not at all. Yes I am honestly determined and can do it. I just want to be a professional cricketer, no matter what the fact that i have to face a lot of difficult times ahead. But i just need more inspiration and encouragement )
NoName- Sadly yes I am trying to work on it.
Old November 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Do tons and tons of cardio!
Old November 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahman94
Maysun- bro not at all. Yes I am honestly determined and can do it. I just want to be a professional cricketer, no matter what the fact that i have to face a lot of difficult times ahead. But i just need more inspiration and encouragement )
NoName- Sadly yes I am trying to work on it.
you want inspiration, look up dirk nannes.
Old November 11, 2013, 11:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahman94
Hi guys,I am new to this site. I am really sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I recently have visited a cricket stadium and went crazy after seeing the atmosphere. I was thinking of start playing cricket again in order to achieve my dream of becoming a pro cricketer.
I started playing cricket at the age of 5 and was in cricket academies. All my coaches always praised me and said you are the future, things like that which boosted my confidence a lot. Then at the age of 12 i moved from bangladesh to new zealand for family reasons. I stayed at NZ for two years where I joined cricket academies and returned to bangladesh. But after the age of 14 i quit cricket due to studies. Now i am 19 and wanna get back at cricket and start practicing every single day, work very hard. But do you think i can make it to the top level? I am moving to new zealand next year, start playing again. But i am very overweight now standing on 120kg 5.8 inch height .
Bro can I give you an advice?

Finish your studies. Cricket khelar shomoy onek ashbe, kintu ei shomoyta deliket....porar shomoyta hariye gele aar pabe na...poro! poro! beshi kore poro!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 18, 2013, 01:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What is your height? That is an important statistics for me to say "yes" or "no".
Old November 18, 2013, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Bro Im 17 and play A grade as an opener, i started from 10D's as a number 9 batsmen.. abitions ddrove me to where i am today, hopefuly into national colors later. Bro i quit cricket last season out of laziness but now im leading runs scorer for my club. Its tough. Studies & Ambitions. But if you have drive and motivation u can become inshallah. Im rather lazy. Coaches and parents have praised me aswell but my parents are rather strict and wouldnt want me spending all my time training and hitting the gym restricting my full potential atm. In simple yes you can. Train hard. Hope i can finally resolve bds long term issue of TI's partner :P
Old November 19, 2013, 01:22 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What is your height? That is an important statistics for me to say "yes" or "no".
5 feet 8 " as stated in the opening post.

@ Rahman94
Even before the skills part, your first serious challenge is your weight. With that kind of BMI index you are likely to struggle with most sports. If you want it badly then get your weight under control and get into a physical shape that resembles current cricketers in the national setup. After that you can re-evaluate your chances
Old November 22, 2013, 06:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
5 feet 8 " as stated in the opening post.

@ Rahman94
Even before the skills part, your first serious challenge is your weight. With that kind of BMI index you are likely to struggle with most sports. If you want it badly then get your weight under control and get into a physical shape that resembles current cricketers in the national setup. After that you can re-evaluate your chances

What up Bruh? Why you hatin naw?
Old November 23, 2013, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

LOL...that was actually quite funny.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 8, 2013, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy

What up Bruh? Why you hatin naw?
that dwayne was an alright SLA, i remember tuning into bermuda matches just to watch this guy play!
Old February 6, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

You should check this man.made debut at the age of 41
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pravin_Tambe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)