facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Shakib be dropped from captaincy?
Yes and replaced with Tamim 5 13.51%
Yes but replaced with someone else (mention who) 13 35.14%
No, not yet 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 8, 2011, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

One thing....I really surprised yesterday to see Ash not getting any over. Interestingly Imrul got a over to break the partnership!!!

There's rumour that Shakib doesn't want Ash in the team. There's more rumour that Ash's selection in the team had some misagreement (source PA) in the management. I just hope that Shakib doesn't do this intentionally.

Old August 8, 2011, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Old August 8, 2011, 04:51 AM
Banned

I say bring back Ashraful. he is the most positive and unbreakable cricketer in BD. he is positive even when he can't perform. you will see him clapping, cheering in the field even after scoring a duck. and when the team is down he will go an extra mile and do some dance moves. he is always positive in a press conference and interview. never unhappy with his or team's performance. the only thing needs to be done is to have a vice captain with good cricketing brain to make cricketing decisions.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 8, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Emon good work again.

Bhyia positive criticism is important. Dont you think so? He was not even 1/2 of him in his captaincy in this match.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Sack Him ... That shot is inexcusable
Old August 8, 2011, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

he should step down but we don't have any replacements currently. if SN can come back in form...
Old August 8, 2011, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Shakib wth.. He always does this. Though i disagree that he should step down, except if its burdening him.

Old August 8, 2011, 05:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Tamim comes from a cricket family, if he needs any on the Job training. He has NI and AK, He can bat his style thats not going to bother me.

1) He doesn't hold any grudges against any of the players in the Team, he's friendly with all of them.

2) He always has a winning outlook, something that we need. We won't be playing for Draws in ODI's anymore if he was made captain

3) Next Captain should have Zero say in the selection process.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:37 AM
Banned

we should ask Lotta's head before anything. we need Saber Chowdhury now more than we ever needed him.

Old August 8, 2011, 05:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Shakib dont like Ash, its well documented. So much so, that during world cup prep, it was reported that Shakib and Siddons didnt even allow Ash to have a net batting practice !!

Shakib's love for his BKSP boys are also well documented.

But most importantly, he is not really the most favourite amongst the seniors and administrators of the game because of his too much professional "Age taka, pore kotha" attitude.

Unfortunately for Shakib,just a year or so at the top, he made people around him angry, uncomfortable and not so happy about him.
Its all good and fine when you perform, but when you dont, this things comes back to haunt you.

IPL, County and then when he came back home, didnt even bother to show up at the practice sessions, now this.
How do you think it all going to go down for him ??

I'm afraid not so good.

Getting at the top is easy, but staying there for long is hard.
When you are there, make friends who would come handy for you when in need.
Dont make enemies.

I really hope, for the sake of Bangladesh Cricket, that Shakib survives this fallout.
I hope, both him and the team performs commendably well enough in the ODI's to silence the critics.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 8, 2011, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
If any TEST team lost a TEST to Zimbabwe after they had been in exile for 6 years, that Captain should be under the severest of pressure. BD were favourites to win the Test before it started and most people here said it would be such an easy win. So, if Zim does pull off a shock win then the captain should come under scrutiny (from any Test team not just BD). However, the way Shakib has gone about the Captaincy prior to this and his own loss of form (I hope he scores 100 and wins the Test by the way) is worthy of the Captaincy being given to someone else. I agree that nafees is the best option. He is a regular now after siddons has gone and will blossom as captain.

Let Shakib be a great player and let nafees be a great captain. That way we win twice.
I agree, its time for shakib to go. We have hit rock bottom. It cant get any worse than this, even making rubel captain wont be that bad

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 8, 2011, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Rahim should be the captain, who is captain material who led these Shakib and Tamim U-19 team. No more random choices pls !!

Shakib is not the guy anymore whom we can count, his fame and leadership had spoiled his head, sorry to say that !!
Old August 8, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

58,78 and a defeat to Zim who didnt play test for the last 6 years. Can you go any lower than this? Yes I do remember his fantastic role in our 4-0 win against NZ, Eng but also cant forget his ghastly attitude towards the crowd, Ex-players..

His captaincy in this test was below par..Shak's 2nd innings batting was the most pathetic captain's knock I have ever seen. The way he threw his wicket was just inexcusable. I still believe that he is still the best performer we have and I would like to see him that way for many more years.But This captaincy burden is certainly taking a lot out of him and he is just loosing it... I dont want to see him fade away. So yes change is a must...Mash, Nafees, Mushy can take over...
Old August 8, 2011, 06:57 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
58,78 and a defeat to Zim who didnt play test for the last 6 years. Can you go any lower than this?
bochor akhono ses hoynai roman vai..we can get lower
Old August 8, 2011, 07:01 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
bochor akhono ses hoynai roman vai..we can get lower
wouldnt flabbergast me...
Old August 8, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Shakib dont like Ash, its well documented. So much so, that during world cup prep, it was reported that Shakib and Siddons didnt even allow Ash to have a net batting practice !!

Shakib's love for his BKSP boys are also well documented.

But most importantly, he is not really the most favourite amongst the seniors and administrators of the game because of his too much professional "Age taka, pore kotha" attitude.

Unfortunately for Shakib,just a year or so at the top, he made people around him angry, uncomfortable and not so happy about him.
Its all good and fine when you perform, but when you dont, this things comes back to haunt you.

IPL, County and then when he came back home, didnt even bother to show up at the practice sessions, now this.
How do you think it all going to go down for him ??

I'm afraid not so good.

Getting at the top is easy, but staying there for long is hard.
When you are there, make friends who would come handy for you when in need.
Dont make enemies.

I really hope, for the sake of Bangladesh Cricket, that Shakib survives this fallout.
I hope, both him and the team performs commendably well enough in the ODI's to silence the critics.
exactly my thoughts. couln't have put it better myself. his own stupidity and arrogance has brought his downfall. he should be careful or he will fall to such a level that he will find it very difficult to come back up
Old August 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

lots of our fellow Members dont want Rahim even in the team and now they want Rahim to be the captain.

so if Rahim is made the captain and he drops a catch or miss a stumping we will immediately ask for a new captain ???????
Old August 8, 2011, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
lots of our fellow Members dont want Rahim even in the team and now they want Rahim to be the captain.

so if Rahim is made the captain and he drops a catch or miss a stumping we will immediately ask for a new captain ???????
Old August 8, 2011, 10:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump

Rahim is definitely not the option in my opinion. If its not Shakib, I would want it to be someone who knows how hard it is to find your way back into the national side.

Shahriar Nafees has been through the ups and downs in his career already. He was at the top of the world when he scored century against Australia...and then almost got discarded into oblivion by participating in ICL. To me he has gotten more street hardened because of those experiences.

He may not be as skilled as Tamim but you have to give the guy credit for the effort. He would be my choice as captain.