facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 8, 2004, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Live Audio & Video: Ban vs WI

Quote:
For a quick summary of the Audio/Video links check the other thread
Live Webcam Video

Enjoy live webcam video from crickipagol. We need to use Yahoo Messenger and view webcam of nhaider with his kind permission. (see the other posts to know about the excellent effort by crickipagol).

Most of the Audio links worked for the ODIs and also working for the 1st test..

Live Audio

* Listen Live Audio from Klassica Granada. A single click of this link will take you to the live audio. (Audio commentary of the 3 Days Practice Match was also available here)
Courtesy: WIFanatic and WI2debone.

* Radio Guyana will provide qualitly audio of all the ODIs and Tests. Here is the Radio Guyana Cricket Guide, which shows that all the ODIs and Test matches will be covered. Simple clicking of this link will enable you to listen, if not , scroll down of the page and click Play on your chosen Player.

Here is an alternate link from Megajams for the same.

* Voice of Barbados Radio would also cover the matches.

* Radio AXA.

* ABS Radio

* Manual click of Radio of Spice islander or this direct link.

* Radio Tabanca

None of the Video links worked for the ODIs and the 1st test . However, if you would still like to try your luck,.......

Live Video

* For very good quality streaming, we may have to be fortunate to see that the following links will function properly.

Sky Sports - For the ODIs and the 1st test. Here is the programme guide of Cricket- Live on Sky Sports.

Ten Sports - for all of the ODIs and the tests.

Please note that the above links work (if would really work) only at the time of the matches. The links were first posted by CricketisLife! in the other threads.

* BTV will telecast the matches live. So if there will be webcast of BTV by
Homeview Bangladesh, we may enjoy the live video (although poor quality) from this link. Please note that Homeviewbangladesh live BTV link is not working at present. Sometimes especially, at the time of live sports, this works although live BTV link is not displayed in the frontpage. In such a case, you may try from this link at the time of the match.

* ABS TV is planning to telecast the matches. If so quality streaming will be available from this direct ABS TV link or you may click play manually from this link.

* If there will be live telecast from Aruba TV, it may also be viewed by ditect click of this link or manual click of this link.

-----------------

* For other options, this Caribbean TV/Radio site may be resourceful.

I would, like you all, be sorry if none of the video links will be useful.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by abhs]

Old May 8, 2004, 11:36 PM
Club Cricketer

Great great post. Very helpful and informative. I'm bookmarkin this thread
Old May 8, 2004, 11:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

CricketisLife! is awesome! He/She will be even more awesome if these links work!

Thanks very much. I am very happy that you chose to come to Banglacricket.

And of course, many thanks to abhs for collecting and putting up these links in an easy-to-use fashion

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Piranha]
Old May 9, 2004, 02:45 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default will be in dhaka from May19th-Jun12th

In that time, as much as I will be able to, I will take advantage of abba jaan's broadband conxion and give updates here - if cricinfo drops the ball i.e.

Even if cricinfo is giving ball-by-ball, I'll post everyonce in a while and give my analysis.
Old May 9, 2004, 03:03 AM
Retired BC Admin

Good to know that. You'll have other things to take care of for us too. Remember Grameen Phone thing? Will discuss later. Have a happy and safe trip. Thanks a lot.
Old May 9, 2004, 03:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default of course GP thing ..

oita to work... this would be strictly pleasure .. heh heh
Old May 9, 2004, 03:09 AM
Retired BC Admin

Delighted. Please u2u me when you get chances. Love to see it works out ok for us.
Old May 9, 2004, 04:48 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Speed of broadband

Quote:
broadband conxion
Broadband connection is not really the broadband connection in real terms here in Bangladesh. The speed of dial up connection is much faster than broad band connection (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!).
Old May 9, 2004, 04:52 AM
First BC Member

Is there any way that I can get in touch with the live cricket commentary (radio, I presume) when I'm flying British Airways, from Dhaka to London Heathrow?
Old May 9, 2004, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Is there any way that I can get in touch with the live cricket commentary (radio, I presume) when I'm flying British Airways, from Dhaka to London Heathrow?

Just awesome. That's dedication.
Old May 9, 2004, 12:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

LOL.

Yah we are truly a devoted cric-frik.

Prohor
Old May 9, 2004, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Cool!
Awesome!
Extraordinary!
Old May 9, 2004, 03:40 PM
Street Cricketer

If they are live links then we will list them on www.letstalkcricket.com

Many of you know this is daily Audio Cricket Magazine and we sucessfully did this for the Pakstan and India series as well as the England West Indies series.

If you have views on the upcoming series in West Indies then contribute to the site with your match analysis to the "Lets Speak Out" section.

Submit and Audio file and let your views and analysis be heard.
Old May 9, 2004, 03:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

hey..well..i heard bout BTC broadcasting the ODIs..but over here in the mid east..we get BTV world which is totaly diferent from the BTV in bangladesh..n wat i wud like to know..is whether they r gona show the matches in this BTV world too...i wud be grateful if any1 cud help..
Old May 9, 2004, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by LetsTalkCricket.com
If you have views on the upcoming series in West Indies then contribute to the site with your match analysis to the "Lets Speak Out" section.
Why don't you contribute your esteemed views on the upcoming BD-WI series to this forum as well? This is a vastly up growing site which represents Bangladesh cricket in every possible way with more than 450 registered members from different part of the world.

Anyway, welcome to banglacricket.
Old May 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Mueid
hey..well..i heard bout BTC broadcasting the ODIs..but over here in the mid east..we get BTV world which is totaly diferent from the BTV in bangladesh..n wat i wud like to know..is whether they r gona show the matches in this BTV world too...i wud be grateful if any1 cud help..
BTV world can't show the matches. BTV gets license for only Bangladesh. They can't transmit it outside of Bangladesh.
Old May 10, 2004, 10:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

can we get sky sports on a cable or sat channel in the u.s. ? does anyone know ?
Old May 10, 2004, 10:14 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I don't think so.
Old May 10, 2004, 10:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
can we get sky sports on a cable or sat channel in the u.s. ? does anyone know ?
There is no feed of sky over North American sky. Even if there were, Sky isn't FTA (free to air) tv. Their transmission is encrypted. So no luck there

http://www.sat-address.com/tv/index_S.html
Old May 11, 2004, 09:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Let us have eyes pointed also on these caribbean threads: link1 , link 2, and link 3 to see if they can find some video link for Ban vs. WI matches.

Usually, their forum is flooded with too many threads with the same topic. So it might be better to have a look at their Message Board for any new thread.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by abhs]
Old May 12, 2004, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Broadband connections on planes

FW, that may not be such a far-fetched request much longer, although I don't think BA is offering the Connexion service just yet. While satellite based broadband connectivity was announced back in 2001, it's been slow to roll out - this should change in the next 12-18 months as some more airlines come online.

From MobilePipeline

April 26, 2004

Another Airline Signs Up For In-Flight Broadband

By Mobile Pipeline News

Another international airline has said it will install broadband Internet connections on its long-haul flights.
Korean Air said Monday that it has agreed to install broadband access provided by Connexion by Boeing, a business unit of the aircraft manufacturer. The Korean airline joins Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines System, Japan Airlines, ANA, Singapore Airlines and China airlines. So far, no U.S. airlines have announced the service.

Korean Air said it will install the service in its 747-400 and 777 ER aircraft in early 2005. Other airlines are expected to launch the service starting sometime during the current quarter.
Old May 12, 2004, 04:16 AM
First BC Member

Oh my! When I was thinking about British Airways planes to broadcast any live news, I meant their radio service, not their Internet connection.

But its nice to know that there is a thought of such technology around in the minds of the authorities.
Old May 12, 2004, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default are these free?

Quote:
Originally posted by abhs
Live Video

* For very gooq quality streaming, we may have to be fortunate to see that the following links will function properly.

Sky Sports - For the ODIs and the 1st test. Here is the programme guide of Cricket- Live on Sky Sports.

Ten Sports - for all of the ODIs and the tests.

Please note that the above links work (if would really work) only at the time of the matches. The links were first posted by CricketisLife! in the other threads.

* BTV will telecast the matches live. So if there will be webcast of BTV by
Homeview Bangladesh, we may enjoy the live video (although poor quality) from this link. Please note that Homeviewbangladesh live BTV link is not working at present. Sometimes especially, at the time of live sports, this works although live BTV link is not displayed in the frontpage. In such a case, you may try from this link at the time of the match.

* ABS TV is planning to telecast the matches. If so quality streaming will be available from this direct ABS TV link or you may click play manually from this link.

* If there will be live telecast from Aruba TV, it may also be viewed from this link.

* For other options, this Caribbean TV/Radio site may be resourceful.

Live Audio

* Radio Guyana will provide qualitly audio of all the matches. Here is the Radio Guyana Cricket Guide, which shows that all the matches will be covered. Simple clicking of this link will enable you to listen, if not , scroll down of the page and click Play on your chosen Player.

More to be posted later. Hope CricketisLife! or some other will come forward with some useful links so that we would be able to watch the matches live.

------
I am reposting this message since the earleer post was lost at the time of the moving of the Banglacricket Server.

I would, like you all, be sorry if none of the video links will be useful.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by abhs]
are these live streaming videos free?
Old May 12, 2004, 06:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
[Originally posted by al Furqaan[/i]
[
are these live streaming videos free?
Yes. But it is not till sure whether live streaming will be availbale from ABS TV or Aruba TV or not.

BTV may not also be available. For last few weeks they stopped webcast, don't know why.

Skysports link worked very well for WI vs Eng matches and Ten Sports link for Ind vs Pak matches. But possibly those were free secured links of Setanta TV. Since Setanta TV did not arrange any streaming even by paying money, I am not sure whether fortune is going to favor us.

Audio quality will be good and that link would definitely work from Radio Guyana. There should be some other links available as well.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by abhs]
Old May 12, 2004, 08:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default thanks for the info, abhs

ditto