facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2005, 11:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Ash kissing the pitch

i was really irritated by the way journalist reported by saying ash kissed the ground at cardiff.............
HE NEVER KISSED THE GROUND..........
he bent down (shajdha) to thank Allah..........
pakistani palyers do that too........but the reporters misunderstand it for KISSING
and 1 more thing..........
how can they say this(B'DESH VICTORY OVER AUSSIES) is the greatest shock in the history of ODI.......C'MON dudes ........b'desh is a test playing nation and its quite natural for a test nation to defeat another.....
Even after defeating 4 test nations they continue to say its a 'SHOCK DEFEAT BY THE MINNOWS.'
These guyz need to check the the word "shock" in their dictionaries.............

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 4:20 PM GMT, by Tintin.
Reason: CAPS CAPS CAPS

Old June 24, 2005, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

You guys surely need something to keep you busy
Old June 24, 2005, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
True
Old June 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

You must have been really bored to write a whole topic on this. BD beating Aussies is really one of the greatest shocks.
Old June 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Banned

really pointless. You guys are really annoyed at everything. Of course it was the biggest shock. Honestly have you looked at our performance for the last 3-4 years?? Even though we are a test nation, we really don’t play like one. It was only our 9 or 10 (not quite sure) win in the ODI.

So cool down. This is our main problem one victory and everyone thinks that we have conquered the world.

Of course it was a great cricket moment but we still have a lot to prove. And what does it matter if he did a shajdha or kissed the ground???? He played a remarkable innings that’s all it matters.

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 5:28 PM GMT, by Lovely_cr.
Old June 24, 2005, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope your number of posts does not indicate your cricket watching experience---but considering your comment about Asutralia, who knows!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 24, 2005, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Bd beating zim is not a shock, but Bd beating Aus is. Aus is rated so highly that even when india/pak beats australia they consider it some sort of miracle. see how excited england become every time they beat aus, even when they are placed 2nd.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

anthrax,
Are you getting board? We have 2 ODIs in next 2 days. Take it easy and enjoy cricket.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Dont harsh on him guys. He is new guy so welcome him properly. He might not see other threads about shocking/mocking/blocking stuff.
Welcome to the foram antrax
Old June 24, 2005, 06:39 PM
Test Cricketer

anthrax,
BD beating australia is THE BIGGEST upset in ODI cricket history. u should know that if u've been following bangladesh cricket for a while. Now, if u've started following bangladesh since december 2004, this victory may not be a shock to you.
Old June 24, 2005, 07:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
DJ, old fellow, you are not very busy too, are you?
Having time to monitor what we are talking about.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 12:25 AM GMT, by Warlock.
Old June 24, 2005, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax
and 1 more thing..........how can they say this(B'DESH VICTORY OVER AUSSIES) is the greatest shock in the history of ODI.......C'MON dudes ........b'desh is a test playing nation and its quite natural for a test nation to defeat another.....These guyz need to check the the word "shock" in their dictionaries.............
BASOD is a Nation-wide Political Party.
BNP is a Nation-wide Political Party
Awami League is a Nation-wide Political Party.

If BASOD wins the next General Election in 2006, I guess Anthrax will be the only person not surprised by the election result. Becasue Anthrax knows all of them are nation-wide political parties and what is there to be surprised when one nation-wide political party defeats another nation-wide political party in a nation-wide general election?

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 12:34 AM GMT, by babubangla.
Old June 24, 2005, 07:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla

BASOD is a Nation-wide Political Party.
BNP is a Nation-wide Political Party
Awami League is a Nation-wide Political Party.

If BASOD wins the next General Election in 2006, I guess Anthrax will be the only person not surprised by the election result. Becasue Anthrax knows all of them are nation-wide political parties and what is there to be surprised when one nation-wide political party defeats another nation-wide political party in a nation-wide general election?

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 12:34 AM GMT, by babubangla.
Very well said!!!
Old June 24, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

but he is true about kissing thing it wasn't kissing and anyone who watched it surely should know that it was a shezda so why bd reporters are avoiding it by saying kissing????
Old June 24, 2005, 09:49 PM
Test Cricketer

That's right he was doing "Shejda" to his west . But this english media don't know about it .. It's a great achievemnet from a Bangladeshi player . He is just the second player to do so !!!!!!!! So , why not ? Nothing wrong with it .......
Old June 24, 2005, 09:55 PM
Test Cricketer

ash grew over emotional in the pitch....

scoring a century is not a big deal these days, i know ash didnt score too many of them given his recent arrival compared to 30 years old aussie and english players....

but if you are happy, you shouldnt get too emotional and display it publicly, it makes you look like some underachiever who just achieved some big milestone(even though we did)..

our bd team is to some extent an underachiever, but we should act like professional players and display professionalism in the field....

Old June 24, 2005, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Scoring century is not a big deal but as a Bangladeshi player its!!!!!!

Why you guys forgetting K.Pietersen kissed helmet all the time when he had hundreds in South Africa . These things are common from every player . So , forget this is better .
Old June 24, 2005, 10:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ash can kiss the pitch as many times as he wants.
I would be happy if he keeps on scoring centuries.
Old June 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
ash grew over emotional in the pitch....

scoring a century is not a big deal these days, i know ash didnt score too many of them given his recent arrival compared to 30 years old aussie and english players....

but if you are happy, you shouldnt get too emotional and display it publicly, it makes you look like some underachiever who just achieved some big milestone(even though we did)..

our bd team is to some extent an underachiever, but we should act like professional players and display professionalism in the field....

Then why ronaldo kisses his croos after scoring a goal.. he is the world champ so what does that prove?

Its ash private thing if he wants to do it then thats well but bd reporters r not telling the truth???
Old June 25, 2005, 12:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
Its ash private thing if he wants to do it then thats well but bd reporters r not telling the truth???
in soccer, it is genuine to do a little lap dance after you score a goal, not in cricket....so dont compare cricket players with footballers..

what about the puchons they have after a foul?? is that a private thing too??

the thing is when you are out there playing for the national team, you are out there representing the nation, not just your personal record...therefore, players should act professionally, according to status quo...

there is no law saying that ashraful cant kneel down after scoring a century, he has the freedom to do what he pleases...

the story the british media made about "ashraful kissing the pitch".....can you blame them?? they have never seen a player do that after any particular achievement....they dont know our customs....

tell me how many players have you seen do what ashraful did?? jump up, fling your arms around, etc, as if he won the world cup.....

it really shows that we are all time under-dogs in the game of cricket.....
Old June 25, 2005, 12:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Atleast he didn't kissed his girlfriend in public. So wats the problem then?
Old June 25, 2005, 02:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am rather happy with the term "kissing the pitch"!!!
Because, i feel shy when somebody talks about religion/religious affairs on public places.
I was watching the moment live in willow.tv.....no sooner i saw that .....i understand that was a "sejdha"........Hope bd players will do all their prayer inside their dressing room, not on the ground!
In fact, i feel comfortable with term..."Kissing the pitch"...although, he wasn't
Old June 25, 2005, 02:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Atleast he didn't kissed his girlfriend in public. So wats the problem then?
i dont know about you...but personally i would rather see my self or anyone kissing my girlfriend than the cricket pitch...

makes me look less weird....

btw, he wasnt kissing the pitch......he was kneeling down (Sejda)...its the british press who made him look like kissing the pitch....
Old June 25, 2005, 03:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax
i was really irritated by the way journalist reported by saying ash kissed the ground at cardiff.............
HE NEVER KISSED THE GROUND..........
he bent down (shajdha) to thank Allah..........
pakistani palyers do that too........but the reporters misunderstand it for KISSING
and 1 more thing..........

I also always thought he prostrated (sujud) in thanks to Allah, I did not see him kissing the ground, mashaAllah.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
I am rather happy with the term "kissing the pitch"!!!
Because, i feel shy when somebody talks about religion/religious affairs on public places.
I was watching the moment live in willow.tv.....no sooner i saw that .....i understand that was a "sejdha"........Hope bd players will do all their prayer inside their dressing room, not on the ground!
You probably feel shy to show you are a Muslim, how sad.
Homosexuals do not hesitate to talk about their practices, G W Bush does not hesitate to call "crusade", TV presentations never forget their "CROSS" , and "Oh my God" is mentioned all the time, and you feel shy about Islam... tragic.

That was a natural thing for a young man, and it was encouraging to see a young Muslim's courage to show his gratitude to Allah who gave him the skills.