facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default How badly do we want to win a World Cup?

This is a VERY IMPORTANT question. I have seen one thing we all here, and by we, i mean "just about everybody", be it the coach, be it the players, be it the head of BCB, be it the media, be it the public, be it the fans, be it the pundits, just about everyone associated with Bangladesh cricket in one way or the other, doesnt quiet have the urge like others to win a WORLD CUP......i mean, seriously, we look around, and u can find examples....people first start talking abt we are no.9, we cant dream too high, we dont have a domestic structure, we can never win this, our players arent talented enuff...this and that, and i bet, this thread is actually gonna go the same direction....pretty much sure that countries like Ireland, Netherlands, really have that attitude of champions..hell even the Afghans have expressed their desire openly to win a world cup, just look at some of their players documentaries, though they yet to have qualify for a world cup....and we on other hand, just content by competing, setting our goals as second round....and if one starts to think big, peoiple start calling them dreamers....wth....i am actually fed up of this...looks like me, along with AsiftheManRahman....are the only ones that want a WORLD CUP, by hook or crook, and dont worry, changes will automaticaaly take place after winning a world cup, winning a world cup is like a revolution, just how sl cricket changed after 96......
The purpose of this thread is to send a message that whatever happens, and whatevr be the state of our domestic structure and all kinds of malefactors, or our cricket overall....our SOLE FOCUS should be getting that 2015 world cup.....every bit of preparation, evry series, hell evry match must be played as a preparation for getting the world cup...keep on trying...keep on trying....but plz WITH THE GOAL OF WINNING A WORLD CUP, and not with crap goal of just qualifying to second round.....lemme see how many of fellow members support me here....or start bringing in the reality......well folks, reality dint stop us from dreaming and achieving independecne.....so plz......i would be glad if i can see just somce changes starting from this thread itself

Old May 30, 2011, 12:12 AM
Banned

Default How badly do we want to win a World Cup?

This is a VERY IMPORTANT question. I have seen one thing we all here, and by we, i mean "just about everybody", be it the coach, be it the players, be it the head of BCB, be it the media, be it the public, be it the fans, be it the pundits, just about everyone associated with Bangladesh cricket in one way or the other, doesnt quiet have the urge like others to win a WORLD CUP......i mean, seriously, we look around, and u can find examples....people first start talking abt we are no.9, we cant dream too high, we dont have a domestic structure, we can never win this, our players arent talented enuff...this and that, and i bet, this thread is actually gonna go the same direction....pretty much sure that countries like Ireland, Netherlands, really have that attitude of champions..hell even the Afghans have expressed their desire openly to win a world cup, just look at some of their players documentaries, though they yet to have qualify for a world cup....and we on other hand, just content by competing, setting our goals as second round....and if one starts to think big, peoiple start calling them dreamers....wth....i am actually fed up of this...looks like me, along with AsiftheManRahman....are the only ones that want a WORLD CUP, by hook or crook, and dont worry, changes will automaticaaly take place after winning a world cup, winning a world cup is like a revolution, just how sl cricket changed after 96......
The purpose of this thread is to send a message that whatever happens, and whatevr be the state of our domestic structure and all kinds of malefactors, or our cricket overall....our SOLE FOCUS should be getting that 2015 world cup.....every bit of preparation, evry series, hell evry match must be played as a preparation for getting the world cup...keep on trying...keep on trying....but plz WITH THE GOAL OF WINNING A WORLD CUP, and not with crap goal of just qualifying to second round.....lemme see how many of fellow members support me here....or start bringing in the reality......well folks, reality dint stop us from dreaming and achieving independecne.....so plz......i would be glad if i can see just somce changes starting from this thread itself
Old May 30, 2011, 12:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Good thread. Just 2 points:

1. Please dude, get rid of the ellipsis......its so...hard....to....re...ad...
2. Duplicate thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 30, 2011, 12:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Yes, we are with you buddy.
Lets win the world cup.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 30, 2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

Am sorry, its kind of a bad typing habbit, apologies.
won't do it next time, and thnx for bearing with me on this one
Old May 30, 2011, 12:33 AM
Banned

But Rabz, I am not amused with ur yawning...kind of giving me indications of 'yea whatever'....plz dont misunderstand me, a reply from u will help clarifying the doubts...
Old May 30, 2011, 12:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ I meant, gimme a b-r-e-a-k, pls.
Have heard it all before, have said it all before and have dreamed it all before.
All this talks about winning world cup and stuff, put a leash on it for a while buddy.
Still trying to wake up from a nightmarish world cup. Not ready for another prep talk.
I was there, both occasions, 58 and 78. On the ground. All the adrenaline have rushed out.

This is a thread two years too early.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ I meant, gimme a b-r-e-a-k, pls.
Have heard it all before, have said it all before and have dreamed it all before.
All this talks about winning world cup and stuff, put a leash on it for a while buddy.
Still trying to wake up from a nightmarish world cup. Not ready for another prep talk.
I was there, both occasions, 58 and 78. On the ground.

This is a thread two years too early.
Did u read one of Sachin's interview, he thought of winning the world cup in 2011 right after mushfqiur slapped munaf's fourth delivery through the covers for a four at port of spain in 2007 world cup.Yes, right at that point itself, these kinds of nightmares should give you an impulse to prove things otherwise, and not viceversa, like taking a break from all these thoughts. Are we so weak, that we need a break from even thinking or dreaming of a world cup, last thing i need our new coach to tell the boys, "Dont you dare think to win a world cup right now after scoring 58 and 78 in the just concluded world cup".....am sorry mate, dont get me wrong, but we need to overcome this attitude.....its i guess more of a cultural problem.....Insha'Allah we'll overcome that soon, Insha'Allah!
Old May 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Before dreaming about winning World Cup in 2015, have you ever wonder yourself why after so many years of playing and producing so many class players South Africa, England, New Zealand still struggle to win it ? Surely, you cant say that they do not think of winning it or they do not have any action plan. Yes, you can come up with an example of Sri Lanka. But, to me thats an exception and exception can not be an example.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Oh, so all that rush of blood cuz you just remembered Sachin's interview ???
I'm so happy for you. You are thinking like Sachin.
Can you get into his head a bit deeper and tell me his bank account number ???

Yes, I'm culturally impaired to think anything good. I'm from Bangladesh.
Yes, I'm very weak and need a break.

The sudden adrenaline kick you get from writing a blog, dreaming big and getting to talk about it, I've done it all before. This is a classic BC syndrome.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:05 AM
Cricket Savant

We need to start winning ODI series, then Tests, next Test series...if we want to sniff a chance at the cup.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 30, 2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Before dreaming about winning World Cup in 2015, have you ever wonder yourself why after so many years of playing and producing so many class players South Africa, England, New Zealand still struggle to win it ? Surely, you cant say that they do not think of winning it or they do not have any action plan. Yes, you can come up with an example of Sri Lanka. But, to me thats an exception and exception can not be an example.
I can give an explanation, but dont wanna make this a thread of arguments.........clearly, all the asian teams have won it once even before their colonial rivals, why? Nothing but their craze for it......windies won the first two even after being inferiro in terms of cricket infrastructure back then, why? cricket was a way of life for them........dont wanna sound stupid, ofocurse i agree these arent the only reasons, but surely one important reason, fans also make up a part of the full system......for indians or sl, its literally a matter of everything, thats the only sport they play....regarding saffers, nz, eng, they have their rugby craziness, or for england their fanatiscism with football and english premier league.....clearly..u do find this pattern....fans made indians make it life and death for the indian players playing, whereas hardly any english or kiwi would care if their team wouldnt win a cricket world cup, thats what, theres a big difference in even how fans shape up the players
Old May 30, 2011, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Oh, so all that rush of blood cuz you just remembered Sachin's interview ???
I'm so happy for you. You are thinking like Sachin.
Can you get into his head a bit deeper and tell me his bank account number ???

Yes, I'm culturally impaired to think anything good. I'm from Bangladesh.
Yes, I'm very weak and need a break.

The sudden adrenaline kick you get from writing a blog, dreaming big and getting to talk about it, I've done it all before. This is a classic BC syndrome.
Ah sad, sad....the intention with what i wrote, its going somewhere else, mate, chill.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ I'm chillin.
I'm easy.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
I can give an explanation, but dont wanna make this a thread of arguments.........clearly, all the asian teams have won it once even before their colonial rivals, why? Nothing but their craze for it......windies won the first two even after being inferiro in terms of cricket infrastructure back then, why? cricket was a way of life for them........dont wanna sound stupid, ofocurse i agree these arent the only reasons, but surely one important reason, fans also make up a part of the full system......for indians or sl, its literally a matter of everything, thats the only sport they play....regarding saffers, nz, eng, they have their rugby craziness, or for england their fanatiscism with football and english premier league.....clearly..u do find this pattern....fans made indians make it life and death for the indian players playing, whereas hardly any english or kiwi would care if their team wouldnt win a cricket world cup, thats what, theres a big difference in even how fans shape up the players
If i consider your logic, then how come Australia manage to win it 3 times in a row ? Cricket is not Australia's first priority. They are crazy about footy and rugby too. People here hardly follow local cricket let alone world cricket and who follow cricket are surely not crazy like subcontinent people. So, what am i missing here ?
Old May 30, 2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
If i consider your logic, then how come Australia manage to win it 3 times in a row ? Cricket is not Australia's first priority. They are crazy about footy and rugby too. People here hardly follow local cricket let alone world cricket and who follow cricket are surely not crazy like subcontinent people. So, what am i missing here ?
Well, i knew u wud be coming to me on this one, thats why i told in my previous post the craziness is not the "only factor", but a critical factor.In australia's case, i must say, i have never seen a professioanl system anywhere around the world, which kinda made them world dominators.....see...my point is.....we cant have or desire evrything to be world class staright away, if we wait for that time to arrive, and think we r not gonna win a world cup before we fix everything up, then we might just never win it, we, even with our shortcomings, should desire, think, dream to touch the world cup. We cant wait everything to be perfect and then think abt winning a world cup......teams in other sports with shortcomings in several areas have done it the past, so why not us?
Old May 30, 2011, 01:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Find a decent coach first...
Qualify for the World Cup first...
Find some quality fast bowlers....Remember the next WC is in Australia.....

And how many times we played in Australia last 10 years? specially places like, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth??
Old May 30, 2011, 01:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

i am pumped up! lets win the world cup!
Old May 30, 2011, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Find a decent coach first...
Qualify for the World Cup first...
Find some quality fast bowlers....Remember the next WC is in Australia.....

And how many times we played in Australia last 10 years? specially places like, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth??
Those are the two most relevant points u made...we need a coach like that type whose gonna make them hungry for a world cup, and also good fast bowlers,, thats what i was talking abt, preparation should start right now itself....we shd look for quality pacers around....and groom them, give them matches, exposure, keeping in mind of the next world cup......hope everything kickstarts sooner than later.....where has the gp pacer hunt gone?
Old May 30, 2011, 01:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well, i knew u wud be coming to me on this one, thats why i told in my previous post the craziness is not the "only factor", but a critical factor.In australia's case, i must say, i have never seen a professioanl system anywhere around the world, which kinda made them world dominators.....see...my point is.....we cant have or desire evrything to be world class staright away, if we wait for that time to arrive, and think we r not gonna win a world cup before we fix everything up, then we might just never win it, we, even with our shortcomings, should desire, think, dream to touch the world cup. We cant wait everything to be perfect and then think abt winning a world cup......teams in other sports with shortcomings in several areas have done it the past, so why not us?
I like your spirit mate. I really hope our players and bcb officials have the same spirit as we fans do have. But 2015 is still a long way...we need to take every thing as it comes. We do not want to lose path focusing on way too ahead. More importantly, WC 2015 will be held in Australia and New Zealand where every sub-continent team suffers. So, you need to think of that as well.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Those are the two most relevant points u made...we need a coach like that type whose gonna make them hungry for a world cup, and also good fast bowlers,, thats what i was talking abt, preparation should start right now itself....we shd look for quality pacers around....and groom them, give them matches, exposure, keeping in mind of the next world cup......hope everything kickstarts sooner than later.....where has the gp pacer hunt gone?
Its not only us every one has to step up...Our BCB is so incompetent compare to others. Our players are not hungry for wins. Its only Shakib who is keep playing without any rest to advertise our cricket.

Most important thing is we need to play some series in real Australian ground, not in Cairns or Darwin... I think our BCB wont be able to arrange that..
Old May 30, 2011, 03:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
The saying will say it all

"Hope is a good thing, maybe best of the things, and no good thing ever dies"

Yes, the positive attitude is the stepping stone for success
Old May 30, 2011, 03:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

The saying will say it all

"Hope is a good thing, maybe best of the things, and no good thing ever dies"

Yes, the positive attitude is the stepping stone for success
Old May 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

lets win the zim series first..take it slow mate...58 & 78 still hurts.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old May 30, 2011, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

That's how the daydream turned into nightmare last time