facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 10, 2006, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

it was definately a big distraction... if it was the first time he snapped, i would have understand... but he has a history of doing that...

Old July 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

I will always remember him as a famous Head-Butter and a Snapper.
Old July 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzoon
I will always remember him as a famous Head-Butter and a Snapper.
well cause people like u always look at the negative side. instead seeing the glass is half full , you will say its half empty
Old July 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
. instead seeing the glass is half full , you will say its half empty
Exactly !! this applies to You perfectly.

How I wish to remember your so called Hero is my personal choice,I don't need your biased opinions or whatever on this matter.

Quote:
. well cause people like u always look at the negative side
Just because I didn't glorify or defended Zidane means I always look at the --ve side.LOL.You did that so yours a +ve side.Nice interpretation.Get a life and stop crying for Zidane.

Last edited by orzoon; July 10, 2006 at 04:26 PM..
Old July 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

well did i lie. u r lookin at his negative side. i didnt defend zidane for wat he did. i lost some respect for him .ny way ok my bad, i shouldnt say how people should remember others. its ur personal choice.

but my regret is people dont seem to remember the bright side of him.
Old July 11, 2006, 01:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
tell me one thing , u guys never snapped after hearing something really bad. if u say no u r a liar..
yes i did mate..
but then again, i don get paid gizillions of dollars and dont carry the hopes of a nation on my shoulder. i dont hv half of the world's population watchin me when i snap, neither am i a superhero to my people and has never bn compared with Napoleon.

so, if i snap, who gives a rat's back ??
if Zidane snaps on a wc final, lotta ppl does.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 11, 2006, 06:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Zidane got Red Card in the final match at closing end. In the naked eye it seemed that proper justice is done. Really?? I don't think so. Italy players always maintained canny things even dirty things. Guys look backward:

# Italy Vs USA match---The most fighting match in this WC.
# Itlay Vs Australia---the Penalty Drama.
# Italy Vs. Germany---Italy TV gave a video to FIFA for suspending Fringe (Fighting between Germany's and Argentina's players) just the day before semifinal.
#At last---Zidane was a victim.

I think FIFA needs to investigate the incident immediately and ban Matarazzi for life time, and then proper justice will be done.

Zidane is a Great Player; he will always be respected in my mind. A simple red card does nothing with his greatness. Zidane is the only one Class Footballer among the all nations at present moment, mind it please.
Old July 11, 2006, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
i thought i read somewhere on BBC that it was something to do with his mother...can't confirm though, since idon't have the link on me right now...but anyways, one would expect a guy like him to hold his cool rather than go head-butting like that. after all, it was the world cup finals, and his last game in international scoccer. you wouldn't expect someone of his background to get caught up in the moment like that.
Here is the news:
Materazzi called Zidane a 'son of terrorist whore': British lip reader
LONDON (AFP) - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

The Times newspaper hired Jessica Rees, whose skill has seen her summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials, to study a tape of Sunday's match that saw Zidane get a red card for his seemingly spontaneous assault.
"After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore' before adding 'so just f*** off' for good measure," it said.
Materazzi on Monday denied calling Zidane a terrorist, adding that "I don't even know what the word means".
The Daily Mail -- who wrongly described Marseilles native Zidane as "Algeria-born" -- said Tuesday that it too engaged the services of a lip reader, whom it did not identify, who reached exactly the same conclusion as Rees.
The Independent cited lip readers for Brazil's Globo television as concluding that Materazzi had told Zidane that his sister was a "prostitute".
Old July 11, 2006, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Zidane fan dies
A Zinedine Zidane fan died early Monday in Borongail village of Shivalaya upazila in the district during the World Cup final between Italy and France.

Rajib, son of Zomat Ali Master, died of a cardiac arrest following the sending off of the French captain.
DS Report
Old July 11, 2006, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not a Zidane Fan but also not a Zidane hater. But Fifa should investigate what Materazzi said. It must be very mush offensive as Video shows that Zidane head butted out of blue; though it does not justify Zidane's act. If the lip reader is true, then he should be banned for life. Because I think sports has no place for such foul mouth.
Old July 11, 2006, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I would have waited till the match was over like a typical bangali and then unleash all hell on materazzi after the match was over. I wouldnt have just head butted him but made sure he was sent to the hospital. Abuse regarding family and loved ones is something I can never ever take lightly !!! I would have seen red just like zidane. However I would have waited for the match to end and then unleash my wrath. karon erpor Fifa amake ban kore nah ki kore is immaterial since tht was zizous last match and koekta club match nah khelle or nah kheye morte hobe nah. I know that italians can be very abusive. So I am sure the guy said something really bad.
Old July 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

theBest bhai,
If Materazzi gets a life ban then equal offensive language would cleanout most of the european league players. Secondly, to justify your verdict how many life bans should Zidane get for his action? Is there any room for that kind of action in World Cup football or in football period? Zidane is not the victim here.

Shahriyar bhai,
If you had hit Materazzi after the game you would be in the German jail for assult, aggrevated assult, Battery, attempted murder. So Zizu, a cool criminal, knew his boundaries, and what he did, he knowingly did.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
theBest bhai,
If Materazzi gets a life ban then equal offensive language would cleanout most of the european league players. Secondly, to justify your verdict how many life bans should Zidane get for his action? Is there any room for that kind of action in World Cup football or in football period? Zidane is not the victim here.

Shahriyar bhai,
If you had hit Materazzi after the game you would be in the German jail for assult, aggrevated assult, Battery, attempted murder. So Zizu, a cool criminal, knew his boundaries, and what he did, he knowingly did.
Cats eye bhai,
I do not know about the extent of sledging in football, but do know about cricket. Remember McGrath - Sarwan which I think grossly over the line involving sick wife of McGrath. But the Matrazzi comment "if true" make that trivial. It was racist but much worse than Aragones, calling name to some body's mother and sister is the worst kind of verbal attack. If somebody would do that to you and me, probably you and I would do or try to do what Shariyar Bhai mentioned. But as Sydney bhai mentioned half the world was not watching us, so we were allowed to do that and Zidane is not. Zidane's act is unjustifyble but it does not take away the fact what Matrazzi's act should be forgiven. FIFA should act and punish him in such a way that no body dare to that again even in amature game. Otherwise it would be out of hand like Argentina - where ultra rules the club or in Italy and Spain where in some club is run by few extreme right where majority has little say in stadiums.
Old July 11, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
Shahriyar bhai,
Of little law that I know, First time offenders do get some leeway. In addition the police would take into consideration that the attack was something that was instigated by verbal assault from the other party. I do not know if I would be in jail or given a warning and asked to do some commmunity work. However, in hindsight I know for sure that if you beat someone up in self defence then there is no case against you. So I would have made sure that the other dude hit me by saying something equally offensive so that I could hv gotten away with "muder". Nah getting too much out of topic. Sorry bhaiera. Just ignore my post or read it for entertainment. But I think materazzi deserves some sort of punishment because racial abuse is not a light matter. Even fans who hurl racial abuse are dealt with strongly and for a player it would only be more severe. I hope FIFA gets to the bottom of this incident.