facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2009, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Who is the match winner for Srilanka, none or all. Same goes for Australia and South Africa.

Other teams more or less needs a match winner.

So can we link to the thread called Cricket Srilankan Model and forget about a match winner. Rather think of genuine cricketers. Not tour mongers.

Old June 26, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

wow u ppl have said a lot... unfortunately i don't hv enuf tym to read everything... i've to leave for the airport in an hour... i'm cumin to BD....!
Old June 28, 2009, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Atlast the ODI data is compiled together and PMOM Rate calculated. For those who care take a look, it may open some eye ( as it did to me)...

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...59&postcount=3

I am reposting my observation here anyway....

Facts from the data (ODI):

1) Shahriar Nafees and Mashrafe got maximum of 7 MOMs followed by Ashraful and Shakib who got 6 MOMs.

2) The top 5 PMOM Rate Holders are 1) SN ( 11.7%), 2) Shakib (9.7%), 3) Rana (8%), 4) Mashrafe (6.8%), Farhad (6.2%)

However Rana and Farhad didn't played enough games to have a stabilized PMOM.

My comments (about our ODI players) :

Personally it really opens my mind about the few thinks:

1) We can trust our young players to win us some games for us in future, more than what we used to get in the past.

2) Rana's 8% PMOM (3rd in the list) just make me realize that what a talent we lost, nothing spectacular.. no hype, but result oriented performance like a blue color worker.

3) Marshrafee is still our most trust worthy experienced player we have.

4) Shakib will lead us to the next level. I am hoping that his PMOMR will increase over next few years as most of his MOMRs are recent.

5) We need SN as soon as possible in the team. Some of his MOM (not all) came from weaker teams. But then, those are teams we play more. So why not bring him back to make sure we win against them day in day out. That will make our team's job much easier.

6) We need to bring back Farhad into the ODI equation as soon as possible. He may not be a solution for TEST or T20, but looks like he is still an untapped potential for our ODI team. In his limited exposure his PMOMR of 8% ( 4th in all time list) proves. At least he will bring some competition.

7) As we already spent some time in Junaid, maybe we should stick with him a little longer. But only when he is inform with the bat. No point to spoil his career. Long term, I would like to see further where he can take us.

8) Raqibul will stabilize our lineup and in "low scoring bowler friendly" games, he may win some MOMs as well as games for us.

9) Aftab (5%) has slightly higher PMOMR than Ashraful (4.3%). Aftab may bring some experience, flair and some quick runs like Ash. So I say we need to bring back Aftab also and let him compete with Ash for a slot in the final 11.

10) By this time Tamim should have a much better PMOMR what he have now. He need to go to the next level . These 30s and 40s is not going give him any MOMs. As an opener, he is in a unique position to milk 50 overs. He needs to take it to 80s and 100s.

11) Pilot was the best WC that we ever had. Pilot had one "Man of the series" award. We need more production from our current WC groups. And the way to do it is more competition. There comes "brining back Dhiman" issue if we donlt have any other talent who is ready to challenge Rahim.

12) More or less I feel much better about our future with our newer corps of players, specially the middle order and allrounders. However in Bowling, Opener, and WC we have to see which young players step in to replace Mashrafe, SN, and Pilot from MOM perspective. Because up to now, we still don’t have adequate replacement of those three.

Last edited by Fazal; June 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM..
Old June 28, 2009, 11:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good work fazal, i agree with your observations...have u gotten the test one up yet?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 29, 2009, 12:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
good work fazal, i agree with your observations...have u gotten the test one up yet?

Thanks.

MOM is not the complete way to analyse a player's match winning potential, but whatever it is MOM has to be part of it. We do analyse players with 100s and averages, etc. which are good indicators to analyse a player. But this an an attempt to do it from different POV with some measurable criteria (like total, 100s, 50s, total run scored, SR, etc). And this PMOM Rate is not how good is a player, rather his potential match winning performance rate ... how often he may give us next MOM performance.

I have the TEST data here

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...58&postcount=2

However as you will see, there is not much to discuss as we won just one TEST and very few MOMs.
Old June 29, 2009, 12:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks.

MOM is not the complete way to analyse a player's match winning potential, but whatever it is MOM has to be part of it. We do analyse players with 100s and averages, etc. which are good indicators to analyse a player. But this an an attempt to do it from different POV with some measurable criteria (like total, 100s, 50s, total run scored, SR, etc). And this PMOM Rate is not how good is a player, rather his potential match winning performance rate ... how often he may give us next MOM performance.

I have the TEST data here

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...58&postcount=2

However as you will see, there is not much to discuss as we won just one TEST and very few MOMs.
most notable about the bit you wrote on Raqib...he can still be useful.

there will still be low scoring matches every now and then, and he will be useful in those conditions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 29, 2009, 12:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Thanks Fazal, some useful stats. You're right we don't have a true match winner in Tests, as we haven't won many. Those are the tests where we put up a good fight against the opponents. And those have contributed to some extent in keeping us afloat in the test arena. We just need some of these guys contributing together in more number of tests to give us victories or to enforce a draw.

I am equally hopeful about the younger boys to make some consistant performances to give us more victories in ODIs and tests.
Old June 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

You are welcome BANFAN. it's nice to know that you find these stats useful.
Old June 29, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My conclusion from Fazal's stats:

Ash is nothing special. He is 1/3 of the match winner SN is, 1/2 of match winner SHasan is. So if I say SN has to prove before he can make it to the national team same goes for Ash, SHasan. However, SHasan has that bowling factor that makes him an automatic in the team.

As for Aftab, solely on my intuition, he can't make a comeback in to the national fold (mentally weak). Dhiman baba, all you need is guidance off the field.
Old June 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

very nice analysis, Mamu.
Thanks.
Old June 29, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Ahare, so much work to find a match winner! Like it's the holy Grail of BD cricket.

Mamu, nice analysis, but what new has come forth? We're still a bunch of losers with players who can win matches when they spark. I wish we fans could do something with our time and resources that would create a match winner. Right now, searching, even with google, will be in vain. We ain't got any.
Old June 29, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

nafees is our minnow basher.

play him against zim, kenya, ireland and others he will win us the game
Old June 29, 2009, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
My conclusion from Fazal's stats:

Ash is nothing special. He is 1/3 of the match winner SN is, 1/2 of match winner SHasan is. So if I say SN has to prove before he can make it to the national team same goes for Ash, SHasan. However, SHasan has that bowling factor that makes him an automatic in the team.

As for Aftab, solely on my intuition, he can't make a comeback in to the national fold (mentally weak). Dhiman baba, all you need is guidance off the field.
SN > than sakib, LOL...hong kong must be a strong team since they're biggest one day win is by a 422 margin (against myanmar) and india only beat bermuda by 260 odd...

having said that, i think SN should be a shoo in for the test middle order, with his penchant for playing spin well. lets also not forget in the last test series he played, he hammered 60 odd against dale steyn and morne morkel.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 29, 2009, 11:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

No. 11 should read WK. Good post Fazal Uncle.