facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

Default God help BD fans

over the last six months the members in this forum are calling for exclusion of number of players when they fail to perform. i am surprised by impatient of bd fans. in cricket, it is very rare to see a whole team is performing well in a particular match. there will be always some failure but young team like bd needs to stick with the players who have skills and techniques even if they fail consistently (upto a level, let's say 7 matches).
this is my observation over the last six months in this forum -the number of players are called for exclusion (by different members):
1. mushfique (excluded)
2. kapali (exc)
3. chacha (nearly to be exc.)
4. rajin (ntbe)
5. ash
6. manjurul
7. taposh
8. rajib
9. javed omar
10. nafees iqbal
11. najmul (new one)

so, if whatmore has listened all those members, he would have lef with-
1. mashud
2. mashree
3. rafiq
4. bashar.
only 4 players would be playing in the natwest series against england and australia. God help bd fans !!

Old June 17, 2005, 11:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

This is an interesting revelation. We have only 4 players that have established themselves as repeat performers. So we need to find a few more.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ghor_jamai
This is an interesting revelation. We have only 4 players that have established themselves as repeat performers. So we need to find a few more.
tell me how long it took to get these four. at least 7 years.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Besides, Mashrafee, didn't we have everyone else from day 1 (i.e. test cricket debut)? Mashrafee happened overnight pretty much.

I don't think this is going to happen in a linear curve. All of sudden we'll have players who will be more than a handfull for the selectors. It is just waiting to happen. Cricket in Bangladesh has grown significantly bigger in the past 4/5 years. There are people who might be considering cricket as a serious career. Ask that question to Atahar Ali, or Raquibul now they will agree.

Asking for expulsion is a healthy attitude. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It shows the passion. Sports is like that you know.

-gj

ps. I did not get that math of 7 years. Can you please explain?
Old June 17, 2005, 12:02 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree with banglar_dorbesh. you have to give the players time to mature and chances to prove themselves. mental toughness does not happen overnight (for most), as a player, after few games you start to believe that you have the ability and only then you start performing consistently. Lara does not score good runs in every game, thats why cricket is a team sport. some will fail and some will shine any given day and thats how you get it done.
I hope we get a good captain in the near future. Bashar is a good player but he is never thinking while fielding. For now we just don't have a choice and by default Bashar is the captain and rest are too young.
Our days of glory is yet to come but its just around the corner.
Old June 17, 2005, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sadat_04
I agree with banglar_dorbesh. you have to give the players time to mature and chances to prove themselves. mental toughness does not happen overnight (for most), as a player, after few games you start to believe that you have the ability and only then you start performing consistently. Lara does not score good runs in every game, thats why cricket is a team sport. some will fail and some will shine any given day and thats how you get it done.
I hope we get a good captain in the near future. Bashar is a good player but he is never thinking while fielding. For now we just don't have a choice and by default Bashar is the captain and rest are too young.
Our days of glory is yet to come but its just around the corner.
thanks
you got my point.
Old June 17, 2005, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

I believe we the BD fans need to practice Silva Method!!:P

_Pion
Old June 17, 2005, 12:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Discarding the existing but struggling players (I know you are not suggesting that) and expecting to find replacements is quite an idealistic thought I should say... and the reality stands far away from it.

I will not completely agree that the problem is in the quality of our existing players. I think it is rather in the 'System' that we so far been able to adopt for training up (technically) a debutand and maturing him (psychologically) to fit in the top-class internaional standard.

Unless we fix that 'Missing Link' in our player-adoption-system... many of the 'new-found' talents will always be struggling.... and we will keep demanding them to be dropped from the team after a promising start yet a struggling progress. And I am sure this gap in our training process has something to do with the standard of our domestic cricket.

The only answer is TIME!... As you said in your own post, Cricket has spreaded vastly (much faster than the pre-test status era) in BD in the last 4/5 years. It's more because of the money-flow and the exposure. Only time will bring more professional players and uplift the overall standard of the game and the players in the country.

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 5:46 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.
Old June 17, 2005, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

ps. I did not get that math of 7 years. Can you please explain?
I can not rememeber how long exactly rafiq and mashud are playing for bd but definitely not less than7 years. bashar may be 5 years. what i meant is that over the 7 years we have produced only four players who are capable of playing fo bd regularly- no rocket science maths though.
i don't agree with you calling for exclusion after failing 1 or 2 matches and you consider it healthy.
Old June 17, 2005, 12:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dak_Pion
I believe we the BD fans need to practice Silva Method!!:P

_Pion
I believe this happened already right before a Tri-nation series in India. We beat Kenya at that tournament, but then all the remaining matches.
Old June 17, 2005, 01:09 PM
Test Cricketer

I was thinking that BD fans should do the Silva Method for be patient................not for the players.
Otherwise we will nurture the philosophy of the exclusion of players ......that will lead only to the another exclusion......this is nothing but a vicious circle practiced by our team.......and supported by the fans. I believe we need to be patient. We have found though a small core of players, but we have to give them some support. We should stick to them for a while. In every series, there should not be so many new faces. And it is always good to expose your new tool in your home ground.......your own backyard. I didnt like the exposure of the new kids (though talented and potent) in the English conditions. Rather we should wait a while for the home series for their debut.
Old June 17, 2005, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

In this regard..........about the exposure of new talents before their maturity..............we should remember the case_file for Mashree.............like the Aladiner charak.....we found him from nowhere.....the green wild of Narail.........and suddenly exposed him to the International arena.........and used the kid brutally (especially in the NewZealand tour......) even before his muscles weathered properly !! we are about to loose this great talent! ............we got him back only becoz he is a born fighter. This is just one example. Our system (not only in cricket, but also our society........I myself.....) is infected with this disease of impatience. Time is the only healer. Give them the time to blossom to the full. Dont make them Ashrafull. Please.
_Pion
Old June 17, 2005, 01:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
Originally posted by Dak_Pion
In this regard..........about the exposure of new talents before their maturity..............we should remember the case_file for Mashree.............like the Aladiner charak.....we found him from nowhere.....the green wild of Narail.........and suddenly exposed him to the International arena.........and used the kid brutally (especially in the NewZealand tour......) even before his muscles weathered properly !! we are about to loose this great talent! ............we got him back only becoz he is a born fighter. This is just one example. Our system (not only in cricket, but also our society........I myself.....) is infected with this disease of impatience. Time is the only healer. Give them the time to blossom to the full. Dont make them Ashrafull. Please.
_Pion
Very good point.
This also brings up the issue of fan support. This forum has over 1700 member plus many visitors. Our voices are heard and our ideas, opinions are carried to others. We as fans really do not act in the interest of our cricket development (most of us). We show the impatience more than the think-tanks and people who are directly associated with cricket in BD. There are always numbers of threads, posts about emotional outburst; many of them don’t have any thought behind them. There are also some good posts that keep us thinking rather than running with emotion.

We have the responsibility to grow and support our team and management. What we do here reflects on the cricket of Bangladesh. Few of us from this forum will end up working with/for BD cricket in future and we want to have positive impact on our cricket. We have to grow/mature as we ask our players to do the same. Just supporting our team is not good enough, we also need to know when to shut-up and when to speak up.