facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
sorry, i ddin't mean it that way. i have just went to sylhet once and i went to a restaurant for lunch and none of the waiters understood what i was saying and vice versa
Lamisa.....Dear, you don't need to apologize. I was not trying to mock you or anything. I was just trying to make a point that most Sylhetis do understand and speak Shuddho Bangla. My apologies if my post sounded otherwise.

On the topic.....international venue in Sylthet is long over due.....A top class hotel is being built near airport. This way the visitors will not have to go through the narrow and busy roads. They can fly in, stay in the hotel near the airport which is only about 10 mins away from the stadium. Convenient for everyone.

I went to see the ground 2 years back. the ground is huge however, does not have big capacity as far as audience is concerned. location and surrounding landscape is awesome. probably one of the best in BD. Tea gardens all around. The road leading to the ground seemed pretty narrow for an international venue. Needs some more development. Even 2 years back I thought the ground could be ready in 6 months. We all know that did not happen. So I am not sure how optimistic we should be.

Old November 19, 2011, 01:39 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ this belongs to "Sylhet Stadium" thread. For the attention of Lamisa.

For Lamisa
Old January 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Dream come true for the people of Sylhet

Sylhet Stadium will be hosting the remaining two games between England Lions and Bangladesh A.
Old January 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Our former national team coach Dev Whatmore said "I was surprised to see a stadium like this in Bangladesh. This is going to be one of the most beautiful stadium in the world." He was talking about Sylhet Divisional Cricket Stadium. BCB President Mostofa Kamal has also said "It seems like i am standing at a foreign stadium. The stadium is situated beside the tea gardens in Syllhet and it is on the way to become an International Venue soon. England Lions team is going to play 2 matches in this stadium followed by 2 matches of England U-19 vs Bangladesh U-19. This is also one of the biggest grounds in Bangladesh. Hope it will soon get the international venue status and we will be able to see some action in this beautiful stadium. Good News for Syllhet cricket fans: The cricket committee has arranged bus services in the match days from different points of the city.
(Collected)
Old January 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Good that they are getting a picturesque venue, but will it actually be used for international matches? We have nice grounds in Khulna (ODI) and Bogura, but they are never used! It would be nice to have a third Test venue for occaisional matches.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Good that they are getting a picturesque venue, but will it actually be used for international matches? We have nice grounds in Khulna (ODI) and Bogura, but they are never used! It would be nice to have a third Test venue for occaisional matches.
Transportations to Khulna and Bogra are not good enough. This is one of the main reaons why we don't see any international games in these grounds.

Sylhet has everything. We will see some international games pretty soon. And they will definitely host some T20I games during the 2014 WC (Source Lotus Kamal during his visit to Sylhet few months back)
Old January 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Sylhet has almost everything international standard. There are good hotels and restaurants, airport, the ground is good. So we will soon see some action here. Few modification and renovation will give Sylhet a look like Dunedin.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

sylhet ground should be used in bpl 2!
Old January 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good to know Sylhet is equipped. wonder how since Khulna is a much larger city...?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Transportations to Khulna and Bogra are not good enough. This is one of the main reaons why we don't see any international games in these grounds.

Sylhet has everything. We will see some international games pretty soon. And they will definitely host some T20I games during the 2014 WC (Source Lotus Kamal during his visit to Sylhet few months back)
Sylhet Airport is pretty close to the city, in comparison to Khulna and Bogra. Agan Sylhet Airport is an International Airport as well.

Think Sylhet has also got some decent Hotels which the other places Lack. Sylhet is also a good tourist place for Domestic tourists. I like the idea of Sylhet being an International Venue.

Having Said that, they should improve Barishal and Jesore facilities, which are both near to the airport. We need atleast 7/8 international level Venue, primarily for Domestc, as well as for International Matches. In a 7 Match Series (5 ODI + 2 Tests) we should use 7 Venues... that takes cricket all over the country and the cricket lovers of Every area gets a fair chance of watching the game.
Old January 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ adding to all that. Communication with capital City Dhaka is vital if you want any other city to become an International venue.
Old January 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

The main issues are accomodation and transport. International players will not stay in hostels. Sylhet has got an international airport and decent hotels now and that's why they have the edge over Khulna and Bogra. Cox's Bazar is the other venue which I think could be developed. But I don't see places like Bogra as realistic targets to host international matches, regardless of how good the ground is. I like the Sylhet stadium. It seems to be pretty large and with some renovation could look really good. Hope it becomes our Galle.
Old January 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
The main issues are accomodation and transport. International players will not stay in hostels. Sylhet has got an international airport and decent hotels now and that's why they have the edge over Khulna and Bogra. Cox's Bazar is the other venue which I think could be developed. But I don't see places like Bogra as realistic targets to host international matches, regardless of how good the ground is. I like the Sylhet stadium. It seems to be pretty large and with some renovation could look really good. Hope it becomes our Galle.
Bogra is a very unrealistic venue IMO. Did it come up during BNP regime? COCO was also on top of BCB at that time.
Old January 15, 2012, 05:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
(Source Lotus Kamal during his visit to Sylhet few months back)
Lotus Kamal is not a good source to cite haha.

That being said, I am very excited at the prospect of another international stadium in a fantastic location in Bangladesh. Let's hope our prayers are answered
Old July 2, 2013, 07:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old July 2, 2013, 07:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Lush Green !
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 2, 2013, 07:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Lush Green !
Still a long way to get renovated.
Old July 2, 2013, 10:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Courtesy of facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Sylhet.Intl.Stadium
Old July 2, 2013, 11:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

i must say that the ground is looking good, and credit must go to the workers and others persons helping out to make this ground a spectacular one in the world .
Old July 2, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

looks garbage to me.

the WC is 10 months away
Old July 2, 2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

always thought sylhet had a stadium that had the potential to become a really nice one.!

I hope they make it nice and the stadium capacity is atleast 25,000.
Old July 2, 2013, 02:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

https://www.facebook.com/Sylhet.Intl.Stadium
Old July 3, 2013, 03:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Looking at the render of the completed stadium, there isn't that much work required to complete. As the hill in the corner is staying, there's no increase in seating capacity and thus the bowl structure will not complete. It seems like the only work is required is putting a roof on the already completed side, and building/renovating the current small media gallery at the top end and the construction of the larger pavillion/media gallery at the bottom end. Capacity won't be great, much smaller than ZAC stadium in Chittagong. Looks to be more 15,000 than 20,000 looking at the stand/gallery configuration of the stadium.

Last edited by Runtings; July 3, 2013 at 04:36 AM..
Old July 3, 2013, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

i think some part of the hill adjacent to the stadium needs to be taken care of if another gallery is to be included.
Old July 3, 2013, 08:58 AM
Banned

once the stadium is complete, is it possible to increase the capacity in the future if needed at Sylhet Stadium after WC like to 30,000?