facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 17, 2006, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Breaking News: God's existence is proven!

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001

What now? Damn I haven't prayed for so long...Now I am scared. LOL

Old November 17, 2006, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

You will BOW to me!
Old November 17, 2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Then there is dark matter...
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Anti-Matter pwns all matter!
Old November 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Dark Energy = God

Remember God has no shape and size... but omnipresent!
Old November 17, 2006, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

If dark energy proves to be constant, unchanging... does it mean god has limited power?

If dark energy is changing... does it mean God becomes stronger and weaker from time to time?

Link to nature article
Old November 17, 2006, 10:11 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

This is almost like that episode from Futurama where Bender meets "God"
Old November 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
If dark energy proves to be constant, unchanging... does it mean god has limited power?

If dark energy is changing... does it mean God becomes stronger and weaker from time to time?

Link to nature article
Be careful what you say bro.
Next thing you know you have fatwa imposed on you by Jamaat Islam and you may never be able to return to BD .

proving God's existence is not the big factor, its the aftermath im scared of.
Now All the religions would clash again to prove its their God.
Thats going to give in to another clash between the extremist from all parties and damn..Muslims Vs Christians Vs Jews Vs Hindus Vs Buddhists Vs Every body else..

Royal Rumble 2010. Last man standing.

Warming up for a mexican standoff....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 17, 2006, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Dark Energy = God

Remember God has no shape and size... but omnipresent!
Time, force or energy, all are creation themselves, so none of them can be the God.

God is an external entity to all His creations, i.e. He is external enitity which we cannot directly experience . All our experiences and observations are just manifestation of the creation.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; November 17, 2006 at 11:29 PM..
Old November 17, 2006, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Time, force or energy, all are creation themselves, so none of them can be the God.

God is an external entity to all His creations, i.e. He is external enitity which we cannot directly experience . All our experiences and observations are just manifestation of the creation.
Well said Nasif Bhai. Very impressive answer.
Old November 18, 2006, 01:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I just can't figure out the connections. Where in that article do they make a reference to God's existence?
Old November 18, 2006, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
I just can't figure out the connections. Where in that article do they make a reference to God's existence?
It doesn't but if you were in Banglacricket for a long time, you would have made the connection as well. Any sorts of energy that is unexplainable can be reference to God.

Nasif:

I agree but disagree. If you were to Quranically defend that, I would have to disagree with you as there is a tale of Muhammad meeting Allah where Allah was observed as a light source. Didn't "shurma" come from that light burniing the mountain...Enlighten me.
Old November 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
It doesn't but if you were in Banglacricket for a long time, you would have made the connection as well. Any sorts of energy that is unexplainable can be reference to God.
Thank you boss! Go dark-matter Go!
Old November 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Nasif:

I agree but disagree. If you were to Quranically defend that, I would have to disagree with you as there is a tale of Muhammad meeting Allah where Allah was observed as a light source. Didn't "shurma" come from that light burniing the mountain...Enlighten me.
Mohammed went to meet Allah and saw the almighty's power/light does not mean that Allah is like light or energy or anything else. What we all know is Allah does exist but we don't know his shape, colour or how he looks like.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old November 18, 2006, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow
You will BOW to me!
Hmmph!
Old November 18, 2006, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Mohammed went to meet Allah and saw the almighty's power/light does not mean that Allah is like light or energy or anything else.
Yes it DOES mean that. Muhammad was just a mere HUMAN without any godly power. So he had a HUMAN retina. So it does mean some aspect of Allah has to be in the visible region of electromagnetic spectrum.
Old November 18, 2006, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Not trying to relate the article with Faith.. but nice article to read. A fascination about the unknown has always been haunting the tiny human brains for so long! Yet we know so little of the whole thing that is out there.
Old November 18, 2006, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nasif:

I didn't want to make this thread another religious one. But as you asked, here it is.

Quran doesn't say that Muhammad saw God. It briefly says God was in close proximity, and that was the meet. There is no description of what or how he saw, other than he saw great signs. He was obviously taken up in non-physical form. God surely doesn't live within our 3D space and time.

Quran
Chapter: Stars (53), Verse 1-18:

As the stars fell away. Your friend was not astray, nor was he deceived. Nor was he speaking out of a personal desire. It was divine inspiration. Dictated by the Most Powerful. Possessor of all authority. From His highest height. At the highest horizon. He drew nearer by moving down. Until He became as close as possible. He then revealed to His servant what was to be revealed. The mind did not make-up what it saw. Do you doubt him in what he saw? And indeed, he saw him in another descent. At the ultimate point. Where the eternal Paradise is located. The whole place was overwhelmed. The eyes did not waver, nor go blind. He saw great signs of his Lord.

Quran also described story of Moses' meet with God. That was the burning bush. It doesn't say the fire in the burning bush was God, neither does it say God came to earth as fire. That fire was just a reference point for Moses to talk to.

Quran
Chapter: Ta-Ha (20), Verse 9-... :

Have you noted the history of Moses? When he saw a fire, so he said to his family: "Stay here, I have seen a fire, perhaps I can bring from it something, or find at the fire some guidance." When he came to it, he was called, "O, Moses. I am your Lord, so take off your slippers, you are in the holy valley Tawa. I have chosen you, so listen to what is being revealed. I am GOD; there is no other god beside Me. You shall worship Me alone....(continues...)

Mountain buring into shurma is a myth.
Old November 18, 2006, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
He was obviously taken up in non-physical form.
This is the answer...didn't think of that.

Thanks for clearing out some things for me. Now I feel like an idiot homo. I can't believe I actually put shurma on. LOL
Old November 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Yes it DOES mean that. Muhammad was just a mere HUMAN without any godly power. So he had a HUMAN retina. So it does mean some aspect of Allah has to be in the visible region of electromagnetic spectrum.
unless what he saw was not god...there was a screen between Allah and the prophet (saw)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 18, 2006, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hey Orphee, you can't make any type of declaration!The phrase 'has to be' indicates something which goes against the faith and the religion. You just can't say that Allah is like light or whatever.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old November 18, 2006, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
Be careful what you say bro.
Next thing you know you have fatwa imposed on you by Jamaat Islam and you may never be able to return to BD .

proving God's existence is not the big factor, its the aftermath im scared of.
Now All the religions would clash again to prove its their God.
Thats going to give in to another clash between the extremist from all parties and damn..Muslims Vs Christians Vs Jews Vs Hindus Vs Buddhists Vs Every body else..

Royal Rumble 2010. Last man standing.

Warming up for a mexican standoff....

Sydney you keep forgetting that we do not need to prove and claim existence like that, our biggest proof would the Judgment day, if they believe judgment day is fake then let them have it ( man I myself am going to get a lot of ... ), and thus we need not fight for that matter, if we have to fight at all, let us fight for Insaaf ( man I am too weak to even get out of my bed ... sorta ), newayz keep on proving and disproving in the meantime scientists .
Old November 19, 2006, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
hey Orphee, you can't make any type of declaration!The phrase 'has to be' indicates something which goes against the faith and the religion. You just can't say that Allah is like light or whatever.
That was an "if then statement".

If Muhammad met God in human form and saw almighty then God HAS to emit some sort of visible light.

So I can say it!
Old November 20, 2006, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

No,Allah said He is not like anything we can compare him to.