facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should the Players Playing in ICL be Banned
Yes 18 28.57%
No 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 4, 2009, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
beofre icl/ipl..what was it? county cricket! right? players from different countries go to england, and play county their....they still use their board's facilities...but now, only few percent of in'tl players are interested about county....players now look for icl/ipl.......if ecb had problems with county league...so u gonna ban the county? i don't think so....the only decision maker is icc...if they say yes, then it's yes, if they say no, then it's no..if ecb did that, then other players from other could play county, but the players from england couldn't play county.....so bcci banned icl, that means only indians players can't play icl, if they play, they will be banned....players from other countries will not be banned, because they are not the part of bcci....icc is the main controller of all the cricket boards...it's like u can ban ur own country players, but u can't ban other foreign players....u don't have rights to do that...icc does
County is a tournament approved by ECB, thus ICC, and it requires you to get clearance from your board to play. So there is no conflict. If any board feels the player will be needed in the national team, they either does not give the clearance or allow them to play few matches.

Players going to ICL do not have the clearance. None never had.

Old February 4, 2009, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
County is a tournament approved by ECB, thus ICC, and it requires you to get clearance from your board to play. So there is no conflict. If any board feels the player will be needed in the national team, they either does not give the clearance or allow them to play few matches.

by that logic, any players under contract by their respective boards could not play for their local club.
Old February 4, 2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am surprised you did not know this. The local leagues/tournaments are done under the organization of BCB, the local clubs are bound to let them go to play for National team when called, you may have noticed our national players only played few matches in the NCL until called for national duty.

If you dig the forum, you may find how Masrafee and Razzak got in trouble for playing local match without BCB permission.
Old February 4, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
And that is why I dislike ICL and IPL. How much more aggressive players you guys want in BD national team? Now we are crossing 120. Soon with all boom boom type players that will be 50 all out team or one session team in test.

By the way, IMO, this thread needs to be redirected to another Sub-forum.
in 50/50 overs they can get more time to settle in but when they need to attack they will be better at doing so.

Alok kaplai improved his batting alot in ICL and his shots were not slogs. he played well timed shots. he can played well timed shots in 50 over games, he doesnt have to slog
Old February 4, 2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

nope we play better wivout them
Old February 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I wanted to see Nafees back in the national team and open the innings in all version with Tamim but I have changed my mind after reading this post by Nasif bhai (in the ICL sub forum).

He shouldn't be anywhere near the national team again. We don't need players who sell their souls for money.
Did he really say that....ah well people are more money hungry than patriotic nowadays...but this is not a good sign
Old February 4, 2009, 12:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Quote:
And that is why I dislike ICL and IPL. How much more aggressive players you guys want in BD national team? Now we are crossing 120. Soon with all boom boom type players that will be 50 all out team or one session team in test.

By the way, IMO, this thread needs to be redirected to another Sub-forum.
in 50/50 overs they can get more time to settle in but when they need to attack they will be better at doing so.

Alok kaplai improved his batting alot in ICL and his shots were not slogs. he played well timed shots. he can played well timed shots in 50 over games, he doesnt have to slog
I don't what you meant by saying all that and quoting me but in any form you are suggesting T20 allows batsmen to laern real cricket then ...

And who really cares about T20 and 50/50? We get to play other nations because of our TEST STATUS. We get all the money from ICC, sponsors because of our TEST STATUS. We are here discussing ab-jab because of our TEST STATUS. You guys still don't get it? T20 allows batsmen to skip all the technic and go for all or go broke. Gambling is bad. T20 batting is gambling for our players who don't know the basic of being patience.
OUT OF HOW MANY TEST???
We have only one win to show for against a weak Zim team and how proud are you for that?

We have one genuine draw against WI to show for how proud are you for that?

Test is everything. Our online board, our BCB, our dream, our stadiums, our everything. Don't promote something that will delay our learning to be a better test nation. 80% members here would trade all the ODI winnings for that one test win against Australia or South Africa. By fluke or because of opponents not feeling that a weaker team (associate) can beat a stronger team (test) in ODIs or T20.

Winning test is no fluke. That seperates men from the boys. That means you have arrived.
Old February 4, 2009, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

T_E bhai it's not like we are the only country playing T20 is it? Every country is going through the T20 revolution. T20 is here and it will stay, some people need to accept this fact. And modern cricketers will have to adapt to this to survive in International cricket.

Yes you are right in saying that Test status brings the money and interest but T20 has the potential to take cricket to newer and bigger heights not only for Bangladesh but for every cricketing nation.
Old February 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood

now u'r on the right track...........

ICL is not approved by bcci, but approved by icc...thus means if indian players play in icl, then they will be banned by bcci, but in case of foreign players, the decision taker is icc..not bcci...so whether it's approved by icc, foreign players can't be banned...now, 14-17 players can play for an icl team..so that doesn't mean tht all the bangladeshi players are gonna look for icl...if board feels the player will be needed in the national team, then that icl player will be replaced by another player who is not in the national team...if u think in a county formula...u will see the same result.....again, the main decision taker is icc, not bcci...icc has the power to ban foriegn players, not bcci....
Old February 4, 2009, 06:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Razzak,Shakib

Quote:
And who really cares about T20 and 50/50? We get to play other nations because of our TEST STATUS. We get all the money from ICC, sponsors because of our TEST STATUS. We are here discussing ab-jab because of our TEST STATUS. You guys still don't get it? T20 allows batsmen to skip all the technic and go for all or go broke. Gambling is bad. T20 batting is gambling for our players who don't know the basic of being patience.
OUT OF HOW MANY TEST???
We have only one win to show for against a weak Zim team and how proud are you for that?

Test is everything. Our online board, our BCB, our dream, our stadiums, our everything. Don't promote something that will delay our learning to be a better test nation. 80% members here would trade all the ODI winnings for that one test win against Australia or South Africa. By fluke or because of opponents not feeling that a weaker team (associate) can beat a stronger team (test) in ODIs or T20.

Winning test is no fluke. That seperates men from the boys. That means you have arrived.
Old February 4, 2009, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
I don't what you meant by saying all that and quoting me but in any form you are suggesting T20 allows batsmen to laern real cricket then ...

OUT OF HOW MANY TEST???

shabash. nice analysis
Old February 4, 2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

we r banning ICL players just to please Indian cricket board. But indian cricket board is not doing us any favor, so its stupidity to ban ICL players.

From ICL: we can only gain (money, experience, confidence), nothing to lose
rafiq, bashar, monju, tapash, sharif--------because of ICL, they are earning a handsome amount, which they can only dream at this stage of their career

i think we should unbanned our ICL players.
shahriar nafees, alok kapali, dhiman, aftab ahmed-----still has ability to play in any form of game
Old February 4, 2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I think ICL has more money than IPL and they pay more than IPL.only they are not authorized by indian cricket board.

just remind u this big names are part of ICL

1. brian lara
2. injamam
3. atapattu
4. mohammad yousuf
5. michael bevan
6. damien martin
7. shane bond
8. daryll tuffey
9. hamish marshall
10. Lou vincent
11. chris cairns
12.abdur razzaq
13. nathan astle
14. justin kemp
Old February 4, 2009, 09:00 PM
Test Cricketer

ICL is for retirees not for in form players..
Old February 5, 2009, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
we r banning ICL players just to please Indian cricket board. But indian cricket board is not doing us any favor, so its stupidity to ban ICL players.

From ICL: we can only gain (money, experience, confidence), nothing to lose
rafiq, bashar, monju, tapash, sharif--------because of ICL, they are earning a handsome amount, which they can only dream at this stage of their career

i think we should unbanned our ICL players.
shahriar nafees, alok kapali, dhiman, aftab ahmed-----still has ability to play in any form of game
i completely agree with you.
Old February 5, 2009, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Voted NO!
Old February 5, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
T_E bhai it's not like we are the only country playing T20 is it? Every country is going through the T20 revolution. T20 is here and it will stay, some people need to accept this fact. And modern cricketers will have to adapt to this to survive in International cricket...
Bro,
I have no problem if Australia to WI all 8 nations play T20 to their hearts out. They can even play Ten/10. Or 5/5. I care little with there preference of which format they want to play. I have never said T20 is going away also.

My issue is with BD players and BD players only. For us to survive in the long run Test results are more important than some wins in ODIs or T20. All the 8 nations above us already know how to play test. Their next generation who comes in to the team they learn from their domestic setup or from their elders in the team on how to play the longer version of the game.

We do not have that luxury. Our players do not know how to play test. The results we have in that format should throw away any doubt of the bold statement that I made.

Now if you can say playing a T20 tournament will teach our boys to be a better Test player I will stop arguing. If you can say playing T20 tournament will not hinder their learning on playing longer innings I will call you guru from now on.
Old February 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I like them banned because I like to watch their aggressive performance in ICL where as we have good depth in our national side.
This team shows how BD players can perform in a Professional League.
Old February 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i wish they got unbanned as i would like to see them playing at least at bd domestic level and i also lik to see them at the ICL
Old February 5, 2009, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

i don't understand this unnecessary fear of T20 disrupting Test ability.

1. The T20 team does not have to be the exact same players as the Test Team. Look how test greats like Dravid and Kallis fared in the 1st edition of IPL.

2. A great player is great player...period. Ghambir and Sehwag succeed in every format with a healthy strike rate in each. Shakib scored the brilliant 94 against SL in a test and then followed with a fast 100+ rate 92 in an ODI. So there is no reason why a player can not switch back and forth between formats. If anything, T20 allows them to pick out balls that can be punished instead of playing predetermined shots which appears to be the case with Ash and TI all the time

3. T20 is the future and we need to be part of it. Per the rankings we are in the top 8 in T20 which allows us IRELAND in the group instead of two other Test teams.

4. Test in its current bilateral FTP format can not grow. Imagine if ZIM had status now just how cluttered the schedule would be if each of the 9 teams now had to play two additional series.

5. IPL is making too much money to go back now. So are we to sacrifice playing cricket in April & May since everyone is busy with IPL and we don't thinkg our boys should ruin their talent by playing T20?
Old February 6, 2009, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

How did S-A-Hasan not get sold.
I predicted Mortaza for Around $95'000 went for $600'000 (i was shocked by that price)
Ashraful predicted $75'000 went for $75'000
Shakib predicted $90'000 - not sold
Tamim Predicted not to be sold - he wasnt sold

why would you not want to bid for a number one ranked odi player
Old February 6, 2009, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Aren't the ICL players already banned ?
Old February 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

yes they are. they can be unbanned which will result in hem being able to play in domestic cricket in bangladesh. or they can not change the rules and kepp the rule that bans them of playing for a domestic bangladeshi team.
Old February 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Shouldn't it be in ICL sub-forum?