facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2012, 07:37 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I would like to see one reporter ask our selector's why Nazmul gets ignored over and over again. It's one thing if it's for one series or two, but this has been going for over a year now. Didn't Nazmul play in the last test series? I'm pretty sure he didn't bowl as bad as SRK.
They will have some lame excuses. He bowls slow, even if takes wickets, or something like that. Then a trip to KFC or Pizza Hut.

Old December 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Pace Pipeline?

Mone hoi Pipe Fota... no pressure at all.
Old December 12, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

There is only one name that comes to mind.
Old December 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Sajidul Islam only pacer in the top 10 wicket takers of NCL. Picked up 22 wickets from 5 matches. So perhaps with a couple more matches maybe he could have taken his tally close to 30. So not a bad effort. Farhad Reza, Mohammad Sharif, Shahadat, Robiul Islam, Alauddin Babu, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Shafiul Islam follow but all with very average records

The two quicks i was looking fwd to-Taskin Ahmed and Abu Jayed didnt exactly have a great series. Abul Hasan probably played only a couple of matches and didnt do anything that would justify his selection. But the selectors will say they got it right cos the kid scored a century.

Pipeline very poor indeed. Its so bad, it might even scare potential pacers away. We badly need that pace academy Mr. President
Old December 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Sajidul Islam only pacer in the top 10 wicket takers of NCL. Picked up 22 wickets from 5 matches. So perhaps with a couple more matches maybe he could have taken his tally close to 30. So not a bad effort. Farhad Reza, Mohammad Sharif, Shahadat, Robiul Islam, Alauddin Babu, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Shafiul Islam follow but all with very average records

The two quicks i was looking fwd to-Taskin Ahmed and Abu Jayed didnt exactly have a great series. Abul Hasan probably played only a couple of matches and didnt do anything that would justify his selection. But the selectors will say they got it right cos the kid scored a century.

Pipeline very poor indeed. Its so bad, it might even scare potential pacers away. We badly need that pace academy Mr. President
Our pacers have the raw ability. It's just the lack of discipline which hurts them in the end. As you said, we desperately need a pace academy or else we'll continue to get the same results.
Old December 13, 2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Whatever they say, Abul Hasan did not do too well with the ball. That's why he was selected. Wasn't he?

I agree that we need a pace academy. But, who will bell the cat? Ian Pont is planning a part-time clinic. That would help, but we also need a full-time academy. Bowlers like Rubel has the raw ability. It has to be harnessed.
Old December 14, 2012, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Abul Hasan is actually not ready for any format of the game. But if you consider his century, the story changes. He could be that pace bowling all rounder we have always been looking for. He could be to us what Thisira Perera does for Sri Lanka. Even if he fails with the ball, at least he can clobber at the death. Still long way to go, but he has shown he can play the role
Old December 14, 2012, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

In last B P L, I followed Al Amin. He have a good control on his L L. Bowls around 130. I like this guy. I hope he ll do good in short format.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Abul Hasan is actually not ready for any format of the game. But if you consider his century, the story changes. He could be that pace bowling all rounder we have always been looking for. He could be to us what Thisira Perera does for Sri Lanka. Even if he fails with the ball, at least he can clobber at the death. Still long way to go, but he has shown he can play the role
If he can bowl at least like an average pacer, his value to the team can be tremendous. He should talk to Darun Shami. This man does not have much in his bowling, but generally does not get hit and even gets wickets. (Mash is another valuable resource.)
Old December 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Abul may not be ready as a TEST bowler, but I see but bright future in him.

Actually I was plesantly happy with his 1st ODI bowling. And batting? I don't believe its a purel one time jhore bok pore type innings... I saw promise in his batting... he was indded a batsman in his early career... may be he will turn out to be a good bowling all rounder in all format of the game.

While people reducule Abul's bowling... I see bright future in him... only thing we all agree he may not be ready yet.
Old December 15, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Abul has a nice action which allows him to generate some extra pace. He looks quite strong as well, which will enable him to hit the deck hard. Right now he needs to focus on the basics, how to keep it tight, bowl line and length etc.

He can definitely pick up a lot from Mashrafee. If anyone noticed Mashrafee's bowling closely you ll see he has really worked on his accuracy. He is always bowling in the channel. Whether he is bowling full or short, he is always keeping the line right. If he is bowling a little wide of off stump his length is so good, it gets a little difficult to cut. Another big difference between Mashrafee and the rest- Mashrafee tries to hit the seam every delivery. This allows him to get the extra bounce and movement. Sth that really troubled Chris Gayle.
Old December 16, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Abul has a nice action which allows him to generate some extra pace. He looks quite strong as well, which will enable him to hit the deck hard. Right now he needs to focus on the basics, how to keep it tight, bowl line and length etc.

He can definitely pick up a lot from Mashrafee. If anyone noticed Mashrafee's bowling closely you ll see he has really worked on his accuracy. He is always bowling in the channel. Whether he is bowling full or short, he is always keeping the line right. If he is bowling a little wide of off stump his length is so good, it gets a little difficult to cut. Another big difference between Mashrafee and the rest- Mashrafee tries to hit the seam every delivery. This allows him to get the extra bounce and movement. Sth that really troubled Chris Gayle.
That's how I feel about Abul as well. People may not see much in him yet but I feel he's definitely a keeper. 1 thing we lack is pacers with good physique and this is where Abul has the advantage. If he can improve on his line and length, he can be a good pacer at this level. It also helps that he's a more than capable batsman.
Old December 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
That's how I feel about Abul as well. People may not see much in him yet but I feel he's definitely a keeper. 1 thing we lack is pacers with good physique and this is where Abul has the advantage. If he can improve on his line and length, he can be a good pacer at this level. It also helps that he's a more than capable batsman.
potential to be a handy lower order batsman and as said good potential with the ball so he's a good prospect.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Both Shohag and Abul can really strengthen our ODI and T20 teams. If both work on their batting (And provided their bowling keeps on improving) we have two solid hitters at 8 and 9. Mashrafee coming at 10 provides a lot of depth.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

amader pace pipline faitta gese .....

need some serious renovation work
Old December 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Meanwhile Australia's wicket-keeper is bowling at 132KPH against Sri Lanka ... SMH
Old December 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Well these are called Abul syndrome, when a pacer of a minnow test nation makes third fastest hundred in history of test what else left to do for a wicket-keeper of an elite team to make his mark?
Old December 18, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Meanwhile Australia's wicket-keeper is bowling at 132KPH against Sri Lanka ... SMH
Haha, yep. MSD can bowl quick than many of the Indian 'pacers' too. But pace is least of your worries. Rubel has pace though tbf, Shafi ain't bad either. Control and variations though, is quite average. I think both of them has potential in tests.
Old December 18, 2012, 04:22 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I don't really follow Sri Lanka cricket that much, but I was looking at videos of their pace attack and they looked a lot slower than Bangladeshi's. Welegedera, Kulasekera and Perera were bowling around 125-130kph. They've had much better success than our bowlers, despite being slower. Perera averages 24 with the ball. Why do Sri Lanka bowlers have more success, despite being slower? Can someone shed some light on that?
Old December 18, 2012, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Kulesekera is quite tight with his line and length. Welegedera is quite a wayward bowler imo but somehow he has a knack of picking up wickets by varying line. I dont know how the Aussies didnt dismantle the bowling lineup. Conditions at Hobart did favour the bowler though.

The reason why Sri Lanka's pace attack isnt as bad as BD's pace attack is simply due to length and length. Bangladesh arent consistent enough but as you could tell with SL's pace attack they either tried bowling on the offside region or either a stump to stump line. They rarely get their length wrong. BD have a knack of bowling short consistently.

If Rubel played in Aussie conditions i think he would be quite successful.
Old December 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

BengaliPagol on the dot regarding Sri Lanka's pace bowlers accuracy. There is another thing they have our bowlers lack-intelligence. Guys like Thisira Perera, Kulasekera, Mathews are very good in reading the batsmen, what they will do next. They can decipher the batsman strengths and weaknesses very quickly, and bowl according to that. Chaminda Vaas was the same. Malinga in addition to being very astute is also blessed with pace and killer instinct.

I really dont think Rubel, Shahadat etc will make any difference in Aussie conditions. You cant afford to be wayward if your pace is 130-140. It should be all about discipline, bowling in the right channels, creating pressure, being consistent etc. Of course if you can bowl at 145, you can get away with bowling short and wide once in a while. Rubel etc have a lot to learn. The raw potential is there, but a lot of work needs to be done. Champaka Ramanayake got a lot of stick for not living up to his expectation. But at least guys like Rubel were improving when he was around. Now its going in the reverse direction
Old December 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Amago abar "pes" ar hei "pes-er" abar "pipeline"
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 19, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

But i think the ingredient the Lankans are missing in terms of their pace attack is a 140k+ bowler.
Old December 19, 2012, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Well they have Malinga in the shorter formats. Despite all his injuries and trouble he can still bowl over 140 kph with ease. Not like the Indian bowlers who start at 140+ and settle at 130-135. Yes they could do with quick bowler for the longer format.

But worldwide there seems to be a dearth of genuine quicks atm. Pakistan surprisingly doesnt have an express bowler. South Africa and Australian have fast bowlers, but who are not exactly in the Shoaib Akhter, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait mold. West Indies, England, New Zealand, none of them have someone who can bang it in over 145.

I still remember Mashrafe bowling against Zimbabwe when he started off. He was pounding it in between 140-145 kph. Zimbabwean batsmen really didnt know what hit them. They were getting beaten by bounce, pace. The ball was also hitting them on their thigh, leg causing discomfort. I also vaguely remember Shahadat had the same impact in the Under 19 WC. He was used as the third seamer, and he was really harassing batsmen with his bounce and pace. This type of bowling will get the respect of the best of batsmen. We could really do with someone like that.
Old December 19, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've seen Nuwan Kulasekara consistently hit 140 on many occasions in all formats. His range, not counting slower deliveries, is between 135-140. I've also seen him hit up to 143 on rarer occasions. That, coupled with his aggression, accuracy and the ability to swing the ball makes him a top fast-medium pacer in my opinion. He's more than capable of troubling any batsman on his day.

But they could use more like him. Fernando and Zoysa, notoriously inaccurate, were fast-mediums who simply couldn't perform consistently at the highest level.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)