facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Thumbs up Moments of the BPL

Mushfiq vs. Shakib

Duronto Rajshahi v Khulna Royal Bengals

One of the best moments of the tournament so far. Both on the top of their game. Mushfiq came out on top and totally bossed Shakib. Two outstanding shots. Plus Mushy also won the captaincy duel.

Old February 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Knew this thread would get opened

adding to the list:

Shafiul giving Junaid the stare (loving these little battles and all the competitiveness between our local boys)
Old February 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Any videos of Shak vs Mushy and Shaf vs JS?
Old February 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Another one was when Bravo got Samuels wicket in the 2nd match of BPL, Bravo was very animated that time bcoz samuels hits him for a six in the previous ball

Fawad Alam's catch was also one very good moment ,the catch changed the whole match and what a catch that was!!!!!
Old February 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Here are few Moments of the BPL

Elias Sunny claimed 3 for 17, Chittagong Kings v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 13, 2012

Anamul Haque hits down the ground, Dhaka Gladiators v Sylhet Royals, BPL 2012, Mirpur, February 12, 2012

Chris Gayle on his way to a second BPL century, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

Kieron Pollard hits one of five sixes in 15 balls, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

Mashrafe Makes a come back!!

Azhar Mahmood made 77 and Imran Nazir 58 for Dhaka, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

Historic Bidding

Rupee Man

Old February 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Another one was when Bravo got Samuels wicket in the 2nd match of BPL, Bravo was very animated that time bcoz samuels hits him for a six in the previous ball

Fawad Alam's catch was also one very good moment ,the catch changed the whole match and what a catch that was!!!!!
+1 on the Bravo and Samuels battle. Samuels hit Bravo for a six straight down the ground and Bravo got him the very next ball and gave him a grand send-off.

There was also a moment between Naeem and Elias Sunny. Naeem smacked Sunny down the ground for a single and said something to Sunny and Sunny responded: "chup kotha bolbi na." Next ball Naeem went back on strike and smashed in the air but straight into the hands of the fielder.
Old February 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Just to add to the Mushy vs Shak moment:

Mushfiq bossing Shakib to turn the game decidedly in Rajshahi's favour was epic. Two orgasmic shots: an inside-out loft to the extra-cover boundary and a swivel to the mid-wicket fence. It was as if Mushy was telling Shak that you might be the world's no. 1 all-rounder, but I am your captain. Pure class.

Equinox, did I say that this is my fav thread in the BPL forum ?
Old February 15, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir

Mushfiq bossing Shakib to turn the game decidedly in Rajshahi's favour was epic. Two orgasmic shots: an inside-out loft to the extra-cover boundary and a swivel to the mid-wicket fence. It was as if Mushy was telling Shak that you might be the world's no. 1 all-rounder, but I am your captain. Pure class.

Never underestimate Shakib, he will come back for the next game between the two sides and will have the better of Mush!!! mark my word...
Old February 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Never underestimate Shakib, he will come back for the next game between the two sides and will have the better of Mush!!! mark my word...
I don't think anyone in their right mind underestimates Shakib. Today's case was simply that of one good cricketer getting the better of another good cricketer. Nothing hostile, bro
Old February 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir

Thanks but my favourite is the fantasy league thread.

It was indeed a very intense battle. You could sense how badly both Shakib and Mushfiq wanted to win over the other by the their reactions in crucial passages of the match. First time I saw Mushy lose his cool as well when Shahzaib failed to return for the second run. It only added to the contest. Hope we get to witness it again.
Old February 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Mushfiq vs. Shakib

Duronto Rajshahi v Khulna Royal Bengals

One of the best moments of the tournament so far. Both on the top of their game. Mushfiq came out on top and totally bossed Shakib. Two outstanding shots. Plus Mushy also won the captaincy duel.
And that was in the over after Shakib got injured and the match was already slipping out of their hand.. Mushy didn't have anything to lose so he went for every ball.. I love Mushy and I am happy that he got MOM but Shakib still remains on top .. just look at what he did for his team.. the highest score and the highest wickets taken by him for his team in today's match... I just feel bad for this boy.. the day when he plays exceptionally well his team lets him down ... had KRB won the match Shakib would have been the MOM!! anyways congrats to Sushy-Mushy !!!
Old February 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

HAHA, no wonder why it took so much time to have a thread like this as until today this league was dominated by overseas players.

Anyway, so far the moment for me is the Mushy-Sakib encounter & Dhaka win vs Ghayel, also Mash yelling at Rubel :p
Old February 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I still can't get over the Gayle storm moments to think of any other ones!! The mini is how Riad is really becoming the honest to his talents!!
Old February 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
And that was in the over after Shakib got injured and the match was already slipping out of their hand.. Mushy didn't have anything to lose so he went for every ball.. I love Mushy and I am happy that he got MOM but Shakib still remains on top .. just look at what he did for his team.. the highest score and the highest wickets taken by him for his team in today's match... I just feel bad for this boy.. the day when he plays exceptionally well his team lets him down ... had KRB won the match Shakib would have been the MOM!! anyways congrats to Sushy-Mushy !!!
Top post and thank you since I didn't watch the game.

Hope the injury is nothing serious. I haven't seen anyone with Shakib's demeanor at such an early age. From the day he was in the National squad he wasn't afraid to face the Intl sides. No matter what Mushi does, soon his seat will be on fire. Here comes Anamul.
Old February 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Top post and thank you since I didn't watch the game.

Hope the injury is nothing serious. I haven't seen anyone with Shakib's demeanor at such an early age. From the day he was in the National squad he wasn't afraid to face the Intl sides. No matter what Mushi does, soon his seat will be on fire. Here comes Anamul.
Where? I can't see him.

Anamul Haque: 59 runs SR: 101.72 (4 innings)

Mushfiqur Rahim: 102 runs SR: 130.76 (4 innings)
Old February 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Where? I can't see him.

Anamul Haque: 59 runs SR: 101.72 (4 innings)

Mushfiqur Rahim: 102 runs SR: 130.76 (4 innings)
One is opening, the other 2nd down. However, soon you will see. Mushi was pushed in to the fire, when he wasn't ready. The standard was Pilot. Challeging that with the board's help was easy picking.

Anamul, on the other hand, is with right people, getting the right type of guidance. He would push Mushi no doubt.
Old February 15, 2012, 05:03 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Celebration of Arafat Sunny after picking up Azahar and Nazir vs DG
Old February 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
One is opening, the other 2nd down. However, soon you will see. Mushi was pushed in to the fire, when he wasn't ready. The standard was Pilot. Challeging that with the board's help was easy picking.

Anamul, on the other hand, is with right people, getting the right type of guidance. He would push Mushi no doubt.
How does that matter in a T20? And besides Anamul only opened in one match. With the fielding restriction his SR should be higher, but instead Mushy's is way higher. I like Anamul too but he has a long way to go. Mushy is one of the best batsmen in the country right now. Anamul can come in and keep straightaway but you'd have to accept a passenger with the bat which we can't afford. Anyways we're drifting off topic.
Old February 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

BD bowlers are better than the batsmen in this league.
http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=5&match=174
Old February 15, 2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
How does that matter in a T20? And besides Anamul only opened in one match. With the fielding restriction his SR should be higher, but instead Mushy's is way higher. I like Anamul too but he has a long way to go. Mushy is one of the best batsmen in the country right now. Anamul can come in and keep straightaway but you'd have to accept a passenger with the bat which we can't afford. Anyways we're drifting off topic.
I agree, Anamul looks decent but it will take him a while to be national team worthy. As of now, he hasn't done anything significant to earn a spot. Now if he does get picked any time soon, then different story, but he might not be successful right away. Mushy on the other hand is in the form of his life and was always going to be the best batsman in the country. You could tell when he was 16 and just beginning to play for Bangladesh. It's only a matter of time before our captain begins to kill bowling careers with the bat.
Old February 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

^ Agree . Mushy is good against fast bowling but against spin he is the best batsman in BD at the moment . Anamul has long way to go yet
Old February 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Shakib got injured??? Didn't watch the match...
Old February 16, 2012, 12:49 AM

Anamul has every possibility to end up being with Ash, Aftab, Alok and gong. Mushi is in different club.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Anamul has every possibility to end up being with Ash, Aftab, Alok and gong. Mushi is in different club.
is there A jinx? (pun intended)
Old February 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I hope not....it's been only few matches....he will perform better next time.