facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 13, 2018, 01:56 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is online now
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 971

http://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh...ন্না
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old May 13, 2018, 05:57 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
http://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh...থবির

Traffic jam stretching 85 kilometers. I thought this was a golden opportunity for all those trapped in this jam to day dream about unnoyoner joyar and the mohakash bijoy of Sheikh Hasina.

Originally posted by readers' comments at Prothom Alo
SRABON
User Picture

Quote:
মহাকাশে আমাদের স‍্যাটেলাইট পৌঁছে গেছে কিন্তু ঢাকা থেকে চট্টগ্রাম বা ঢাকা থেকে চট্টগ্রাম পৌঁছনো খুবই কষ্টকর
thumbs up ৫
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 14, 2018, 01:02 PM
R0ssei's Avatar
R0ssei R0ssei is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: South-West Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Posts: 1,084

Looks like the Govt. didn't set any specific plan for the SAT...

http://lankabd.com/dse/stock-market/...?storyId=58850
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 14, 2018, 01:12 PM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 4,938

We are truly a strange nation. Nothing seems to unite us. No matter how good something happens, somepart of our people will point out how there are tons of problems to solve. Another part will point how many things are wrong in this. Another part will speculate whatever comes to their mind.
__________________
আমার অপার সীমানাতে তোমার চিহ্ন তবু রবে বেঁচে ...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 14, 2018, 01:52 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is online now
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
We are truly a strange nation. Nothing seems to unite us. No matter how good something happens, somepart of our people will point out how there are tons of problems to solve. Another part will point how many things are wrong in this. Another part will speculate whatever comes to their mind.
Mark Twain "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Patriotism does not mean supporting/uniting on something your government has done. Everyone has the right to be critical of government activities.

There are many occasions we unite:

- When our cricket team wins

-I believe everyone in the country is supporting students' protests to reduce quota from 56%

When there is a worthy cause, human beings unite.

When there is a dubious cause like buying a satellite and promoting it as MOHAKASH BIJOY when there are so many issues that need to be prioritized, people don't unite. It's common sense. Shaming people to unite them by calling them unpatriotic or rajakarer bacca will never work (like the students have been called). This type of shaming only gives birth to fascism and it is no different than forcing a religion on someone.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 14, 2018, 02:10 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,738

^if we go by the priority list then we won't even need to have a cricket team. why even have BPL and play foreign players so much money when the country is still that poor.

even few weeks ago India had some villages with no electricity. and finally I think a week or two ago, they brought electricity to those last villages. but that didn't stop India from being ambitious and achieving other goals.

finally, this satellite is not only for just PR reasons. There are some tanigble and monetary benefits to it.

Additionally, sometimes an emerging country needs to showcase its growth to the rest of the world. Maybe this collaboration with France, Russia, and SpaceX will bring some investment and talent nurture within Bangladesh. Somewhere in BD, a 10 year boy or girl is watching this and dreaming of becoming a scientist. Maybe when they grow up we don't have to rely on foreign companies and can build it ourselves.

Not everything can be justified with money and priority. If we go by that list than we can't do or compete anything internationally because it will take at least 100 years just to fix our pressing domestic issues.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 14, 2018, 04:40 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,634

Another milestone.
Good to see BD making steady progress.

On a serious note, ei satelite diye ki amra Atn bangla dekhte parbo?
Amra ki parbo live Dr.Mahfuzur ebong Ibha Rohoman er gaan dekhtey ebong shuntey ?
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 14, 2018, 08:16 PM
captain_thinking_tank's Avatar
captain_thinking_tank captain_thinking_tank is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 17, 2005
Location: U,S, and A.
Posts: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^if we go by the priority list then we won't even need to have a cricket team. why even have BPL and play foreign players so much money when the country is still that poor.

even few weeks ago India had some villages with no electricity. and finally I think a week or two ago, they brought electricity to those last villages. but that didn't stop India from being ambitious and achieving other goals.

finally, this satellite is not only for just PR reasons. There are some tanigble and monetary benefits to it.

Additionally, sometimes an emerging country needs to showcase its growth to the rest of the world. Maybe this collaboration with France, Russia, and SpaceX will bring some investment and talent nurture within Bangladesh. Somewhere in BD, a 10 year boy or girl is watching this and dreaming of becoming a scientist. Maybe when they grow up we don't have to rely on foreign companies and can build it ourselves.

Not everything can be justified with money and priority. If we go by that list than we can't do or compete anything internationally because it will take at least 100 years just to fix our pressing domestic issues.
True. I as an anti-Awami leaguer never thought they would pull this off but they did. Yes there are other priorities, yes this deal involves corruption but what they did is a huge achievement and I have to give the credit where it's due. Thank you!
__________________
"Dont go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ~Ralph W Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 14, 2018, 10:15 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,664

From Rockets, to patriotism, to cricket then BPL....Gotta love BC
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 14, 2018, 11:17 PM
Sheikh_Saheb Sheikh_Saheb is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 27, 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 67

As an outsider, I feel its a step in the right direction. That the satellite will be controlled from Bangladesh in some time from now is the other positive. Bangladesh space tech can only improve from here. Rock bottom is always a solid foundation to start with, and it is rocket science after all. Many nations which don't have the capabilities or know-how purchase tech, so to me its all fine and dandy.

Cheers
Siraj.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 14, 2018, 11:32 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb
As an outsider, I feel its a step in the right direction. That the satellite will be controlled from Bangladesh in some time from now is the other positive. Bangladesh space tech can only improve from here. Rock bottom is always a solid foundation to start with, and it is rocket science after all. Many nations which don't have the capabilities or know-how purchase tech, so to me its all fine and dandy.

Cheers
Siraj.
At least it isnt a failure like the so called nBn
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 15, 2018, 12:40 AM
Sheikh_Saheb Sheikh_Saheb is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 27, 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
At least it isnt a failure like the so called nBn
Absolutely mate. I have NBN.
Not one to whinge but its wonky as hell. Was advertised as a brick sh!t house if you recall and still is. Not to mention that it took two months from request to installation.

Cheers
Siraj
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 15, 2018, 01:16 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee
Posts: 11,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
From Rockets, to patriotism, to cricket then BPL....Gotta love BC
I guess now you are very much worried as you have to now look up at the sky regularly just to make sure Bangladesh’s satellite doesn’t fall on your head.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 15, 2018, 04:32 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I guess now you are very much worried as you have to now look up at the sky regularly just to make sure Bangladesh’s satellite doesn’t fall on your head.
Yea, gotta wear a hat, now.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 18, 2018, 07:59 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,237

Great News...Congratulation !!!

Now that we have a working relationship with SpaceX and Elon Musk, just wondering what will be our next step?

- Are we in the SpaceX's waiting list for sending people to Mars? If so, who is representing Bangladesh?

- Is there any chance of opening Tesla Gigafactory in Bangladesh? If so, which city?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 18, 2018, 09:30 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee
Posts: 11,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

- Are we in the SpaceX's waiting list for sending people to Mars? If so, who is representing Bangladesh?
The main on this list will be Sheikh Hasina first. And if Elder sister is going how can Rehana be deprived of such an opportunity. If both of them are going then their children and spouses will be there too.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 18, 2018, 01:16 PM
R0ssei's Avatar
R0ssei R0ssei is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: South-West Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Posts: 1,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The main on this list will be Sheikh Hasina first. And if Elder sister is going how can Rehana be deprived of such an opportunity. If both of them are going then their children and spouses will be there too.
They can take Khaleda Zia and few Jamayati too and leave them in space. Problem solved! Reign for another 100 years!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 18, 2018, 08:16 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,664

Do they even have any plans for the satellite.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 23, 2018, 08:15 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Do they even have any plans for the satellite.
Yes they do. Its in the news. Just Google it.

Whether its a viable plan or not or if you disagree with it or not.... tnow hat's a different question.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 24, 2018, 03:01 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: AWACS
Favorite Player: Ziya
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
aisob kinle to r world dekhbena..futani mara, desh koto agay gese aisob dekhabe ki kore
Actual intention holo kivabey montrira aro taka vorbey pocketey.
Our private channels will now have to compulsorily pay the govt. ( if there is no law, wait for it .. it's coming )
Govt. will say desher taka deshei thakbey. I would rather have desher private companyr taka going to bidesh than financing our corrupt govt. I bet the plan is to sell satellite space to poor countries in Africa or the likes of Bhutan and Nepal.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 24, 2018, 09:55 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Mark Twain "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Patriotism does not mean supporting/uniting on something your government has done. Everyone has the right to be critical of government activities.

There are many occasions we unite:

- When our cricket team wins

-I believe everyone in the country is supporting students' protests to reduce quota from 56%

When there is a worthy cause, human beings unite.

When there is a dubious cause like buying a satellite and promoting it as MOHAKASH BIJOY when there are so many issues that need to be prioritized, people don't unite. It's common sense. Shaming people to unite them by calling them unpatriotic or rajakarer bacca will never work (like the students have been called). This type of shaming only gives birth to fascism and it is no different than forcing a religion on someone.
That Mark Twain quote is brilliant and you are right. I like the way you think.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket