facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 19, 2007, 11:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohel
nazimuddin would be 100% better than rajin. This selection commite are very defensive, Fruk's co. did way much better than this that's way we saw some win in the last world cup.
Some truth to that.

Old December 19, 2007, 11:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

there are a lot of better options than saleh for one-dayers e.g. SN, imrul, nazimuddin, naeem, maybe even raqibul hasan. but i believe saleh just hit a century in the recent FC round and a half century in the recent one-day round so maybe they chose him on form from those 2 games.
Old December 20, 2007, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Poor Tushar. Just when he thought he wasn't going to be kicked out for a single bad score and started to feel a bit secure...
Old December 20, 2007, 03:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i support this selection!

this type of selection is perfectly logical if we want to play 50 overs and post challenging score. do we think JO, Saleh, Mehrab jr. always plays slow? when the time demands, they will do their job correctly, right? Good luck boys!

New Zealand just got humiliated by World champion ponting &co., will they take it out on us?is that the primary reason to invite us in december? i hope we do better.

for the sake of survival, Saleh was a good choice.
Old December 20, 2007, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

just because a team bats 50 overs doesn't mean they'll definately post a competitive target, and being that players like JO and saleh are just as inconsistent as the quicker scorers their inclusion is a strange one when the selectors could have gone with a player who scores quicker and will be as or more consistent than saleh and JO.
Old December 20, 2007, 05:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

It looks like rajin's only going as a precaution, the selectors don't want to be caught a batsmen short. He's unlikely to play and will remain in NZ for the test series in any case:

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=16120
Old December 20, 2007, 07:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
just because a team bats 50 overs doesn't mean they'll definately post a competitive target, and being that players like JO and saleh are just as inconsistent as the quicker scorers their inclusion is a strange one when the selectors could have gone with a player who scores quicker and will be as or more consistent than saleh and JO.
yes! but on how many occasions recently do we see Bangladesh use the full quota of 50 overs against top quality oppositions, not many! we move step by step, get used to playing 50 overs and then focus on scoring huge, and doing it consistently!
Old December 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

guys rajin is ok choice... I highly doubt he will be in playing 11... most likely he is called for the test. People that are asking for SN, we lost a middle order, so we need a new middle order. we already have three openers in the team. If you count Mehrab we have 4, you want another one???
Old December 20, 2007, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Blazinmaruf, you make a fine point. There's no point in having SN bat at no4....but if we lose wickets early maybe an opener at no3 would be ideal? who knows, but rajin's a good choice...
Old December 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yes i am in favor of Junaid and SN to open in Tests. please selctor sahibs, don't pick JO

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

The selectors get a chance to make ammends for making the mistake of picking Tushar and they make another mistake! Rajin Saleh....! They say Saleh was chosen because of his good form in the NCL... I dont think an average of 19.75(one-day) is good form! Selectors wanted an early middle-order batsman so they ruled out Shahriar Nafees but there were lots of other middle-order batsmen who played much better than Saleh in the NCL. Kapali, Imran Ahmed, Foysal Hossain, Mosharaf Hossain and Dhiman Ghosh are middle-order batsmen who have played well with great strike rates as well, but they were all ignored for Saleh...no doubt that this batch of selectors are our worst ever!Anyway congrats to Saleh, hope he proves me wrong and can score some runs in NZ.
Old December 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
The selectors get a chance to make ammends for making the mistake of picking Tushar and they make another mistake! Rajin Saleh....! They say Saleh was chosen because of his good form in the NCL... I dont think an average of 19.75(one-day) is good form! Selectors wanted an early middle-order batsman so they ruled out Shahriar Nafees but there were lots of other middle-order batsmen who played much better than Saleh in the NCL. Kapali, Imran Ahmed, Foysal Hossain, Mosharaf Hossain and Dhiman Ghosh are middle-order batsmen who have played well with great strike rates as well, but they were all ignored for Saleh...no doubt that this batch of selectors are our worst ever!Anyway congrats to Saleh, hope he proves me wrong and can score some runs in NZ.
Please read their comment carefully. they said Since Saleh is confirm for the test they wanted to send him as a BACKUP for Tusher who can stay with the TEST team. Does any of your mentioned player got better avg then Saleh for TEST. Do some research first.

here is a good point to start from

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=ncl#cooliris

chk post 8.
Batting Stats:
BatsmanTeamInnoRunsBallsAvgS Rate100's50's
Rajin SalehSylhet141554132242.6241.91%14
NazimuddinChit161544120836.2745.03%14
Alok KapaliSylhet14
53481438.1465.60%21
Tushar ImranKhulna11
515103946.8249.57%13
Shakib Al HasanKhulna11151371251.372.05%24

BTW you might think Tusher is a faltu player but to the selectors and his stats says something different. so there is logic behind picking him(its not like picking shanto out of a blue kind of picking). so yes you might not agree with it but don't just say as if selectors should be pulling rickshaw rather than selecting the team.

I am not taking saleh, tusher or the selectors side. i am talking against the way most people (bengali) comes to a conclusion and says that as a way the rest of the people r dumb as hell.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 20, 2007, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
yes i am in favor of Junaid and SN to open in Tests. please selctor sahibs, don't pick JO
we shall see... it is not the end of the world if JO DOES PLAY! because look at Nafees and Junaid! they are both quite young and have a great shot at becoming world class superstars.

I wouldn't mind if Javed Omar is ruled out of one test, but i would want the coach to evaluate how his current form is and give him chances and trials according to that, he had a decent year so far(except a couple of ducks here and there) in terms of batting. both in ODI and in TESTS.

I want to see Siddique in ODI first... then we shall talk.
Old December 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
simply stupid.
I didn't ask ur name !!
Old December 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SH, MH, TA

Good choice, much better than Tushar.
Old December 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel that The selectors will not choose Zunaid, Tamim or Aftab for the Test matches. They are not ready as yet, but maybe within 1 year they can become better and also achieve mental stability. I feel that Coach Siddons will try to groom these 3 to be the future for test cricket, also Sakib can be groomed as a good allrounder.
Old December 21, 2007, 10:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I dont think an average of 19.75(one-day) is good form!
Rajin (the Sylheti from Boro Lekha) averages just under 24 in ODIs not 19.75. Thsi is just a shade below the 27 he averages in tests.

Based on the stats, he's almost as good in ODIs as he is in tests!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangl...yer/56074.html
Old December 22, 2007, 09:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zunaid

He would be very good to keep away the flies around from the other players .
Old December 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I doubt Saleh will get to play any games in the ODI series, as I don't see a place for Tushar in the eleven. However, Saleh is a must have in the test squad, so it all makes sense.
Old December 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Saleh is another over rated player like Alok and TI (both). this batch of selectors are already in amission to prove that they are worse than Faruq and Co
Old December 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I don't know why everyone is criticising the selectors here...Rajin is a classical test batsman.He wasn't really picked for ODIs..just as backup.I'm guessing Tamim and Zunaid open in first ODI...let's see how well they perform in ODi series..than we can select the test team..don't read too much into NCL ODI stats.
Rajin can hold his ground as well as score..why shouldn't he be here?I'd say he's perfect for No3.Mehrab should take sakib's spot in tests UNLESS Sakib performs well enough in ODIs as batsman.Rajin needs to be there...
Old December 24, 2007, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Rajin (the Sylheti from Boro Lekha) averages just under 24 in ODIs not 19.75. Thsi is just a shade below the 27 he averages in tests.

Based on the stats, he's almost as good in ODIs as he is in tests!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangl...yer/56074.html
I know Saleh averages 24 in ODIs I'm talking about his average in this year's NCL which is just above 19 compared to Kapali's 33.5. I still think Kapali would have been the best choice not Saleh to replace Tushar. Kapali is a better bowler and a better fielder than Saleh. And abu2abu since you are favouring Sylhetis Kapali is also a Sylheti.
Old December 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Please read their comment carefully. they said Since Saleh is confirm for the test they wanted to send him as a BACKUP for Tusher who can stay with the TEST team. Does any of your mentioned player got better avg then Saleh for TEST. Do some research first.

here is a good point to start from

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=ncl#cooliris

chk post 8.
Batting Stats:
BatsmanTeamInnoRunsBallsAvgS Rate100's50's
Rajin SalehSylhet141554132242.6241.91%14
NazimuddinChit161544120836.2745.03%14
Alok KapaliSylhet14
53481438.1465.60%21
Tushar ImranKhulna11
515103946.8249.57%13
Shakib Al HasanKhulna11151371251.372.05%24

BTW you might think Tusher is a faltu player but to the selectors and his stats says something different. so there is logic behind picking him(its not like picking shanto out of a blue kind of picking). so yes you might not agree with it but don't just say as if selectors should be pulling rickshaw rather than selecting the team.

I am not taking saleh, tusher or the selectors side. i am talking against the way most people (bengali) comes to a conclusion and says that as a way the rest of the people r dumb as hell.
I never said our selectors are rickshawallas, I can tell that u hav some problem with me. And like always I'm going to defend myself. Tushar Imran scores lots of runs in domestic cricket fair enough..He gets selected for a tour he puts up some awful performances and is dropped for the next tour, then he scores some more runs in domestic matches and gets picked again but cant do anything and is dropped, its like a circle with Tushar Imran, I mean whats the point? Let him play domestic cricket for two years straight and then put him in the A side and then if he performs pick him and keep him in the squad for 3-4 tours. And I still believe Kapali would be a better pick for both ODIs and Tests. And I never called anyone dumb as hell, if the selectors make mistakes in my point of view I'm going to point it out and why are u acting like our government. You want everyone to think the way you do and exterminate other people's point of view just like u did in the Tamim thread u started an argument by questioning my knowledge of cricket and now you dont like what I have to say about the selectors.
Old December 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we need experinced players in NZ tour.

rajin is a good choice.
Old December 30, 2007, 01:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I know Saleh averages 24 in ODIs I'm talking about his average in this year's NCL which is just above 19 compared to Kapali's 33.5. I still think Kapali would have been the best choice not Saleh to replace Tushar. Kapali is a better bowler and a better fielder than Saleh. And abu2abu since you are favouring Sylhetis Kapali is also a Sylheti.
Sorry dude, I misunderstood. I still think rajin's a good pick though.