facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2008, 06:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Bangladesh go to Australia in late August, and this tri-series is being held from Aug 13 - 16. Surely it can fit into the schedule. We've learnt not to trust the reports of our newspapers at times anyways!

It's either a whole lot of jealousy on part of those who are going to miss out from joining the party, or PCB along with Cricket Canada and Cricinfo joining to mess around with "minnows" like Bangladesh, and to a lesser extent - the West Indies. Spare us Torontonians for our innocent excitements at the prospect of seeing Bangladesh play in our local ground.
Mahir where do you think they will play? Skydome or Toronto cricketers ground? If they play in TC&SC, I can say I have a 48 (run out playing with a runner) in an internationally recognized ground.

Old July 3, 2008, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Goddamned twenty20. Should've been a ODI series instead.
Old July 3, 2008, 08:41 PM
Cricket Sage

so what's the visa policy for u.s. ppl??
Old July 3, 2008, 08:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
so what's the visa policy for u.s. ppl??
If you are US Citizen, then you don't need any visa. You just need the Passport if you travel by Air.

If you are not US Citizen, then you have to take the Visa from the Embassy of Canada.
Old July 3, 2008, 08:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

guys...any idea how much the tickets will cost? where in toronto is the stadium? plz let me know
Old July 4, 2008, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

NO idea about the tickets and venues. Chances are that it will happen in King city, the only international cricket standard ground IMO. King city's just north of Toronto, about 30/40 mins from my place.

If you are planning to come, just make hte arrangements. For hotels, get it from priceline, and bid for cheaper than 50 dollars a day. You're guaranteed a room somewhere in a good 3 star hotel. Tourism is in a downward slope...so less hotel costs
Old July 4, 2008, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Btw...don't just get the hotel and stuff right away, wait until the confirmed schedule. Priceline doesn't provide refunds if you change your mind
Old July 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

When will it be confirmed? Some people are saying they won't come and some are saying they will come. This really needs to be confirmed.

BTW Kabir bhaiya, did you call yet?
Old July 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
Test Cricketer

can anyone plz tell me on which ground the match will be play?
Old July 7, 2008, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

They might be actually coming!

Quote:
"I think it's a very important tour because we have no domestic competition or any international commitment before going to Australia. Hopefully the players will get an opportunity to play a Twenty20 tournament in Canada before flying for Australia," said Rafiqul.
DS
Old July 7, 2008, 06:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
If you are US Citizen, then you don't need any visa. You just need the Passport if you travel by Air.

If you are not US Citizen, then you have to take the Visa from the Embassy of Canada.
ami citizen kintu amar Amrikan passport ekhono hoi nai...so what if i dn't get my passport before this tour...can i still get visa using my bangladeshi passport?
Old July 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

I hope there will be no controversial selection like Nadif or Zia this time.
Old July 8, 2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
They might be actually coming!

DS
Still "might be"?!
Old July 8, 2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I hope there will be no controversial selection like Nadif or Zia this time.
And Nazim!
Old July 8, 2008, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
And Nazim!
Nazim's selection was no fluke, he came in the national team after some remarkable performances for the A-team. He is also a consistent performer in domestic leagues for last few years. According to Lipu, he is a much more disciplined batsman in nets, but loses his head in match situation (Tushar syndrome ?).
Old July 8, 2008, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Nazim er matha thanda korar jonne patri koja dorker....then he will no how to bat with cool head on the real field...may be in toronto we can find that lady for him who can give him some lessons...
Old July 8, 2008, 07:03 PM
Cricket Guru

T20 Canada tourney on cards for Tigers

http://www.newagebd.com/2008/jul/09/spt.html

The Bangladesh Cricket Board has tentatively agreed to send the national team to Canada next month for a four-nation Twenty20 tournament that also features Pakistan, West Indies and the hosts, officials said on Tuesday.

Sports International Marketing, a Pakistan-based event management company, which also has an office in UAE will organise the competition from August 14-17 in Toronto, the cricketing hub of Canada.

‘Primarily we agreed to participate in the competition. Now we are working on some financial aspects,’ Gazi Ashraf Hossain, the chairman of the cricket operations committee, told New Age after returning from Pakistan.

‘Hopefully, we will sign a memorandum of understanding with SIM within a day or two,’ said the BCB official, who was in Pakistan to attend the annual general meeting of the Asian Cricket Council during the Asia Cup.

Ashraf informed Board president Major General Sina Ibn Jamali last evening about the outcome of his discussion. The BCB official said the organisers have already taken the approval of the ICC for the tournament and signed an agreement with the Canadian authorities for using the ground facilities.

It was learnt that the Pakistan Cricket Board is actively supporting SIM to organise the event to cover their losses and fill the calendar following the postponement of their home series against Australia in April-May.

Bangladesh has been offered a lucrative financial package for the Canada tournament which officials have said was very difficult to refuse. But officials were still hesitating as it coincided with the Tigers’ tour of Australia in August-September. The Bangladesh team is scheduled to play a four-day match, three one-day matches as warm-up before meeting Australia in three one-day matches on August 31, September 3 and 6 at Darwin.

For the Twenty20 tournament, the BCB has decided to abridge the Australia tour and possibly the four-day will now be dropped from the schedule, officials hinted. The BCB is also pondering the idea of making flying arrangements of the Tigers from Canada to Australia.

‘We think this tournament will be good exposure for our team. The team also can be benefited from facing the Pakistan and West Indian bowlers in unknown conditions before the Australia tour,’ said Ashraf. It will be the first time Bangladesh will tour Canada. Pakistan will be playing in Canada also for first time in nine years since they defeated West Indies 3-0 in September 1999.
Old July 8, 2008, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
four-nation Twenty20 tournament that also features Pakistan, West Indies and the hosts
Billcliff r Davison ailo!
Old July 8, 2008, 07:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Davison has been axed from Canada team after the world cup.

I am sure many Canadian residents will have divided loyalties during this tournament.
Old July 8, 2008, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Davison has been axed from Canada team after the world cup.

I am sure many Canadian residents will have divided loyalties during this tournament.
No way....I am with Bangladesh for this whole tournament. Time for the tiger's revenge of the 2003 WC!!!!!
Old July 8, 2008, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

It would be a good idea to send Ash and Co to england in a few weeks, play a little cricket maybe against SA than fly to canada

Taking a direct flights with limited stopovers is exhausting and than to fly Aus, BCB need to plan this out sensibly

The Dates are the 11th to the 14th

Last edited by cricman; July 8, 2008 at 07:55 PM..
Old July 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
No way....I am with Bangladesh for this whole tournament. Time for the tiger's revenge of the 2003 WC!!!!!
Same here,Am a bd cricket fan and always will be no matter what,anyways is this really gonna happen ?
Old July 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Hopefully they'll come every year
Quote:
A new window opens for Bangladesh
Staff Correspondent The Twnety20 international tournament which Bangladesh are going to play in Canada next month will be an annual event and Bangladesh have a fair chance to get an invitation every year, said a top organiser of the event.

‘We are committed to organise the event annually and take as many Test-playing nations as possible there,’ Haroon Rashid, the chief executive officer of the event management company Sports International Marketing, told New Age.

Rashid is now in Dhaka to sign a memorandum of understanding with the Bangladesh Cricket Board for participation in the four-nation Twenty20 event in Toronto from August 14 to 17.

‘We understand that Bangladesh cricket team has millions of followers at home and abroad. So we will try to accommodate them in the fixture. Next year we will also try to involve India,’ he said.

Rashid, a citizen of Pakistan, is also negotiating with the Bangladesh Television to sell the local terrestrial rights of the event, which will be participated by Pakistan, West Indies and Canada besides Bangladesh.
Ten Sports has already bought the global television rights of the event, he said.

The Pakistani national said the prize money of the tournament will not be much high, but every team will get a handsome amount as participation money. For Bangladesh it is nearly double than what had been budgeted initially, said Rashid without disclosing the amount.
Old July 10, 2008, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Bujlam na Aei betar ato pirit ken..double the amount of money...participation guaranteed...chalabaz nato
Old July 12, 2008, 08:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Four nation T20 tournament now confirmed