facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: BD v AUS - The real reason for us losing today
There were no cheer leaders today (absolutely unfair) 3 11.11%
The pitch was tempered by ICC so that all big teams stay on (conspiracy theory) 3 11.11%
Bruno's celebration thread 3 days before the match we now lost 9 33.33%
England is a much better place to come to than staying back at WI 5 18.52%
Quadruple hattrick for losing T20 was lot more important 4 14.81%
Others (except for the fact we suck at T20) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 5, 2010, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default The main reason for us losing today (warning.. for fun only)

OK cheer up guys. Its only a game, the results were written for us even before the tournament. OK we've done well restricted the Aussies but gave up from the word go while chasing. So why do you think that is?

Old May 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
Cricket Sage

shob dush brunor. bhaijan jotishi hoisen.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
OK cheer up guys. Its only a game, the results were written for us even before the tournament. OK we've done well restricted the Aussies but gave up from the word go while chasing. So why do you think that is?
Who told you we have done well restricting Aussies ? Everybody knows about our batting frailties and we should have contained them withing 110 after such a great bowling till the 15th over. To me, those three overs (17th, 18th and 19th) during Aussie innings have decided our fate and our batsmen just did what they know.

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, SIX, 81.5 mph, Incredible timing! Full toss on leg stump, but they still have to be out away. Hussey stood his ground and flicked it nonchalantly over square leg for a six

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 82.7 mph, works this one behind square for a single. Hussey is playing a wonderful hand here

Mashrafe Mortaza to Smith, 1 run, 82.8 mph, ah, he misses out with the paddle sweep. Times it well from the leg stump line, but it goes straight to the only fielder in that region, inside the circle

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 83.5 mph, Mashrafe is losing the plot after a fine spell until now. This one again is on leg stump, as all the previous balls this over, with fine leg in the circle. Hussey says thank you very much mate and redirects the ball behind square leg

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 55.0 mph, expertly played! Finally Ashrafe gets it outside off, but there was enough room for Hussey to make a measured surgical cut to send it scurrying fine to the third man fence

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 72.0 mph, cuts it away hard straight to cover for a single. Great over for Aus.

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 59.7 mph, Wah! Reverse sweep from Hussey, that was a full toss outside off, Hussey spotted the gap behind square and sent the ball to the fence with a backhand swat

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, 1 run, bunts this one down to long on to turn the strike over

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, FOUR, 55.0 mph, Shot! Smith is down the track, gets to the pitch and uncorks a perfect extra-coverdrive, high elbow and good follow through, couple of bounces for four

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, 1 run, 56.1 mph, gets this away straight down the ground for a single

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 59.6 mph, Hussey gets down the track and drives to long off for a single

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, 1 bye, 54.6 mph, Smith goes for the reverse sweep this time and fails to make connection, that missed the stumps by a thin margin

Abdur Razzak to Smith, SIX, 57.1 mph, Butchered! Shorter boundary on the leg side, and Smith went for it, with the expansive hoick over midwicket. Times perfectly

Abdur Razzak to Smith, 1 run, 59.4 mph, down the track and goes through with the drive to extra cover

Abdur Razzak to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 59.5 mph, swings it to the leg side and takes another tight single

Abdur Razzak to Smith, SIX, 55.0 mph, Smith smashed that to smithereens! Short of a length this time, he stays back and plays a violent pull, timing it well to send it flying over midwicket. The Smith family will be proud!

Abdur Razzak to Smith, no run, 63.1 mph, looks to swing it away again, but cannot get it away this time

Abdur Razzak to Smith, no run, 54.3 mph, gets forward and looks to sweep, but misses. It trickles off the pads.

Last edited by deshifan; May 5, 2010 at 07:08 PM..
Old May 5, 2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

I blame Imrul kayes who started the collapse. Imrul gave a simple catch and the way he was playing Tait, he looked below club league, also Riyadh and Aftab and how they got out was just ridiculous. Tait got two maidens, he should thank Imrul and Rajjak for that. Both are equally incompetent batsmen.

Ash gets an excuse because gilly used to get out most of the time like that, if there was no Tait it would have been Six, it was sweetly timed, but unfortunate that the fielder was there.

I expected that from Aftab as he's a donkey. Gadha ke right ee jete bolle she left ee jai, Aftab is a gone case.

But, Riyadh when your team is in deep trouble you don't play a shot like that, it's just stupid, he was suppose to be Mr. Dependable but he too failed and failed big in both games. Riyadh is a test and odi batsman, T20 is not his cup of tea. Still, I will pick him over Naeem, Aftab and Imrul anyday.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Option 1. Our boyz couldnt concentrate without them ladies.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cricket Sage

deshifan this is T20, go check out India vs. South Africa match scorecard you'll find out how many runs South Africa gave away in the last 5 overs. scoring 50 runs in the last 5 overs is a regular thing nowadays, all world class bowlers gets thrashed at that time, that was bound to happen. what makes you so sure that if restricted OZ under 120 we would have won? our top order let us down, all they had to do was see off tait and nannes and go after the rest. shakib and mushy was doing that until shakib decided to go for unnecessary shots.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am really humbled to raise finger to our bowlers, specially when our world class bowlers failed to take a single Pak wicket till 16th over, they bowled really great this afternoon. Batsmen (all top 4) ought to share the blame as well as we all saw how they fared against a quality pace attack in a bouncy track. I forgot to see so many cricket connoisseurs around
Old May 5, 2010, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

If the players go to England and win some games, we will forget this loss very easily. I am looking forward to a fighting series in England.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

never really cared about this format, its largely irrelevant and almost totally a useless format. the only possible benefit 2020 cricket is for getting bowlers used to bowling slog overs in ODIs. asides from that there is little benefit. so it may seem surprising but i think we've improved quite a bit in 2020 cricket. this tourney was far better than i feared it would be.

as of now the ICC as well as the 10 full members agree with me that 50 overs cricket is more valuable, but unfortunately most cricket fans disagree.

but the real cricket is first class and test cricket. runs scored are truly earned, and wickets taken are even more valuable.

we should now turn our attention to the England tour matches and Test series and the the Asia Cup. win a few matches, push the tests at least to late in the 4th day, or early 5th, and all T20 blunders should be forgiven and forgotten.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 5, 2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
never really cared about this format, its largely irrelevant and almost totally a useless format. the only possible benefit 2020 cricket is for getting bowlers used to bowling slog overs in ODIs. asides from that there is little benefit. so it may seem surprising but i think we've improved quite a bit in 2020 cricket. this tourney was far better than i feared it would be.

as of now the ICC as well as the 10 full members agree with me that 50 overs cricket is more valuable, but unfortunately most cricket fans disagree.

but the real cricket is first class and test cricket. runs scored are truly earned, and wickets taken are even more valuable.

we should now turn our attention to the England tour matches and Test series and the the Asia Cup. win a few matches, push the tests at least to late in the 4th day, or early 5th, and all T20 blunders should be forgiven and forgotten.
We know its a useless format, but riddle me this, if it is that useless why do other countries tries to win? Why does our players follow the same suit in every format of the game? Why can't they register a single measly win in the last 12 games in this useless format? 20/20 is useless in front of 50/50, similarly 50/50 is useless in front of TEST cricket, but it doesn't mean we should make a fool of ourselves in 20/20.

The fact of the matter is even in full 20/20 it does not really reduce the gap between an elite team and a team full of minnow.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:

useless and by far the easiest format to win one of the reason being it gets over at such a rapid pace that by the time players realize and tries to evaluate what position they are in, its over. We almost got aussies today and it felt like they didnt realize how far they were down until in the last moment they woke up and boy oh boy thrashed us with bat bowl and field. and yet we just won 1 T20 out of a dozen or so played.
Old May 6, 2010, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Bangladesh do not have ability to win against Australia in this kind of situation. That is the main reason.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:09 AM
Cricket Sage

T20 is not useless just because we suck at doesn't make it any less important. weather you like it or T20 is here to stay, and the sooner we start taking it more seriously the better it is for us. or soon enough we'll fall so behind even Afghanistan will laugh at us. Speaking of them did you guys those sixes from the Afghan lower order batsman's. I was stunned when I saw them.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Bangladesh do not have ability to win against Australia in this kind of situation. That is the main reason.
yes we do, we just don't have the right attitude. Attitude is everything. we have a head we just don't know how to use it or we choose not to use it. If we don't have the ability to chase down 140 in a 20 over game after being in the international arena for a decade we might as well hang up the boots and call it a day
Old May 6, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

tell me this deshifan, when Aus won the toss if it was told the final score of Aus would be 140 and Aus won't have to bat. Which team would take it with their eyes shut?
Old May 6, 2010, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
yes we do, we just don't have the right attitude. Attitude is everything. we have a head we just don't know how to use it or we choose not to use it. If we don't have the ability to chase down 140 in a 20 over game after being in the international arena for a decade we might as well hang up the boots and call it a day
Than hang up the boots and call it a day.
Old May 6, 2010, 03:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
Who told you we have done well restricting Aussies ? Everybody knows about our batting frailties and we should have contained them withing 110 after such a great bowling till the 15th over. To me, those three overs (17th, 18th and 19th) during Aussie innings have decided our fate and our batsmen just did what they know.

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, SIX, 81.5 mph, Incredible timing! Full toss on leg stump, but they still have to be out away. Hussey stood his ground and flicked it nonchalantly over square leg for a six

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 82.7 mph, works this one behind square for a single. Hussey is playing a wonderful hand here

Mashrafe Mortaza to Smith, 1 run, 82.8 mph, ah, he misses out with the paddle sweep. Times it well from the leg stump line, but it goes straight to the only fielder in that region, inside the circle

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 83.5 mph, Mashrafe is losing the plot after a fine spell until now. This one again is on leg stump, as all the previous balls this over, with fine leg in the circle. Hussey says thank you very much mate and redirects the ball behind square leg

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 55.0 mph, expertly played! Finally Ashrafe gets it outside off, but there was enough room for Hussey to make a measured surgical cut to send it scurrying fine to the third man fence

Mashrafe Mortaza to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 72.0 mph, cuts it away hard straight to cover for a single. Great over for Aus.

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, FOUR, 59.7 mph, Wah! Reverse sweep from Hussey, that was a full toss outside off, Hussey spotted the gap behind square and sent the ball to the fence with a backhand swat

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, 1 run, bunts this one down to long on to turn the strike over

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, FOUR, 55.0 mph, Shot! Smith is down the track, gets to the pitch and uncorks a perfect extra-coverdrive, high elbow and good follow through, couple of bounces for four

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, 1 run, 56.1 mph, gets this away straight down the ground for a single

Shakib Al Hasan to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 59.6 mph, Hussey gets down the track and drives to long off for a single

Shakib Al Hasan to Smith, 1 bye, 54.6 mph, Smith goes for the reverse sweep this time and fails to make connection, that missed the stumps by a thin margin

Abdur Razzak to Smith, SIX, 57.1 mph, Butchered! Shorter boundary on the leg side, and Smith went for it, with the expansive hoick over midwicket. Times perfectly

Abdur Razzak to Smith, 1 run, 59.4 mph, down the track and goes through with the drive to extra cover

Abdur Razzak to MEK Hussey, 1 run, 59.5 mph, swings it to the leg side and takes another tight single

Abdur Razzak to Smith, SIX, 55.0 mph, Smith smashed that to smithereens! Short of a length this time, he stays back and plays a violent pull, timing it well to send it flying over midwicket. The Smith family will be proud!

Abdur Razzak to Smith, no run, 63.1 mph, looks to swing it away again, but cannot get it away this time

Abdur Razzak to Smith, no run, 54.3 mph, gets forward and looks to sweep, but misses. It trickles off the pads.
the mashrafe full toss that went for six turned the fortune towards aussies.

and then imrul ash and aftab set the tone of our batting
Old May 6, 2010, 05:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I want Bruno or some1 else to make threads like "Celebrating another loss for the Tigers vs ......"
this will be the opposite of what we hv done so far & might make us win.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

The truth is that, cricket is not in our blood
Old May 6, 2010, 11:19 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

The real reason for our losing...

The repeated, stupid refusal of BCB to prepare pacy, bouncy wickets at home.

The almost real reason for our losing...

The air between the ears of most of our top and middle order batsman.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:22 AM

142 is a very chasable T20 total. All our batsmen had to do was to score 50-60 in the first 10 overs without losing more than 2 wickets. You can accelerate toward the end. (That's what Hussy did. He did not start hitting until that) over by Mashrafe. But, our batsmen think that 4 and 6 are the only way to score in the T20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
The real reason for our losing...

The repeated, stupid refusal of BCB to prepare pacy, bouncy wickets at home.

The almost real reason for our losing...

The air between the ears of most of our top and middle order batsman.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:24 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Amra shoktishali na. Na hoile ki 5/6 jon batsman chokka marte giya 60m boundary clear korte parena.

Sobaire doira gula pani khawa dorker.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:

I know where you are coming from, but T20 is here to stay. It provides the biggest rush of blood and can be fit easily into our daily busy routine. How many of us can spare a full day to watching cricket, let alone for 5 consecutive days.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Amra shoktishali na. Na hoile ki 5/6 jon batsman chokka marte giya 60m boundary clear korte parena.

Sobaire doira gula pani khawa dorker.
amar mone hoi Barbados-er paani bhalo na| batsman-der chhoto ghor-e jabar dorkaar chhilo, tai wicket diya choila gechhe ga!!!