facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Overseas problem: Batsman or bowlers?
Batsman 0 0%
Bowlers 2 22.22%
Both 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 2, 2019, 05:50 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,843
Default Overseas problem: Batsman or bowlers?

What's our weak point away from home? is it our batsman, or is it our bowlers?

Can it be that both department is equally guilty?

Mominul and Mahmudullah's poor away record?

Where do Mominul and Mahmudullah go hiding away from home? both have poor average of 22/23 away from home in test.

Problem with pacers endurance and effectiveness?

What about our pacers? they easily get exhausted, and lack any venom or threat for the opposition.

Miraz has problems in overseas conditions?

How about Miraz? he has been very ineffective in test away from home. How do you leave our best test bowler Taijul from the XI?
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old March 2, 2019, 06:19 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,465

Ullah is a terrible captain

Bowling is inexperienced due to terrible first class system

Fielding is awful

Poor batsmen

Taijul would have got battered

A team of

Tamim
Shadman
Mominul
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Shakib
Ullah
Das
Mustafizur
Jayed
Ebadat

Would have done better, but injuries and upcoming world cups means that's not possible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 2, 2019, 06:28 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: AWACS
Favorite Player: Ziya
Posts: 1,457

You want Mominul ? Ki kon ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 2, 2019, 07:03 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,756

Add a 3rd option "batsmen, bowlers and fielders"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 2, 2019, 09:02 AM
lakers81 lakers81 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 7, 2017
Posts: 51

Is there a all of the above option available.

The batting part can be fixed if the morons can keep their head straight the bowling is the bigger concern, first class bowling for seam is not great, and the biggest issue is no overseas tours NOT for the senior players but the U23 U21 U19 type teams.

How are kids gonna get better if they are stuck at home all the time, you have all this money and sponsorship, and if I recall correctly I read a article from cricinfo that BD only uses 2 percent of their revenue on player salary, so if that's the case where does the other 98 percent go?

For the financial year 2017-18, the BCB is expected to earn $30 million, but they will spend only 1.8% of that amount on the national team's salaries.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 2, 2019, 10:21 AM
zura zura is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 2, 2018
Posts: 545

Mahmudullah is poor choice for tests as captain and his captaincy is only good for limited overs. The problem is in all 3 departments. Batting, bowling and fielding and blame needs to be put on selectors as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 2, 2019, 12:19 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,559

Love the Poll. He is back.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 2, 2019, 01:04 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers81
Is there a all of the above option available.

The batting part can be fixed if the morons can keep their head straight the bowling is the bigger concern, first class bowling for seam is not great, and the biggest issue is no overseas tours NOT for the senior players but the U23 U21 U19 type teams.

How are kids gonna get better if they are stuck at home all the time, you have all this money and sponsorship, and if I recall correctly I read a article from cricinfo that BD only uses 2 percent of their revenue on player salary, so if that's the case where does the other 98 percent go?

For the financial year 2017-18, the BCB is expected to earn $30 million, but they will spend only 1.8% of that amount on the national team's salaries.
2 out of 3 batsman that average around 40 away from home are missing from the XI (Shakib and Mushy). This is a massive loss, considering the wicket is excellent for batting. I am pretty sure both Mushy and Shakib would have enjoyed batting on those flat tracks. I think, batting would not have been a big issue with those two around.

Can you blame the pacers? I mean even though it was a batting paradise, surely the three of them should have picked up more then 1 wicket? what about Courtney Walsh? what is he doing? really man?
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 3, 2019, 05:49 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,843

At the moment seems like Liton and Mithun will be thrown out of the team for Musshy and Shakib.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 3, 2019, 06:59 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Mustafiz
Posts: 12,352

Pacers did ok but lack of guidance from good for nothing Wash. Mehedy is rubbish and relies on the pitch to get him wickets or lose shots by bats man.

We still don't have a culture for playing long innings. The batsman don't understand the difference between Tests and limited over cricket. They should focus on how to improve footwork and play short balls. Mominul is still work in progress.

Fielding has overall been rubbish. Also many runs given from unnecessary overthrows

Also allowing the players to make themselves accustomed to these conditions was too short.

Furthermore our players should never have a test series right after the cheap side show BPL

Last edited by adamnsu; March 3, 2019 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 3, 2019, 09:56 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,518

Dont know why so many people thinks Riyad is "terrible captain" in tests. Other then bowling himself more, I dont see what else he couldve done. He backed his frontline bowlers, his usage of soumya worked well, his fielding was generally good. When you are about 270 runs short, it takes 4 very effective bowlers to comeback in the game. We didnt have that..
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 3, 2019, 10:45 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: AWACS
Favorite Player: Ziya
Posts: 1,457

So, why didn't Riyad bowl more than 1 over ? He got 1 wicket and gave away 3 runs. Yet, the lazy bum didn't want to bowl and instead made Mominul bowl. I am surprised he didn't ask Tamim!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 3, 2019, 12:57 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,518

I dont know why he didnt bowl, I am assuming he wanted to give Miraz the maximum opportunity to get used to the conditions...

But Mominul bowled because we didnt have a single SLA to bowl against Kane Williamson.
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket