facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Overseas problem: Batsman or bowlers?
Batsman 0 0%
Bowlers 2 22.22%
Both 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2, 2019, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Overseas problem: Batsman or bowlers?

What's our weak point away from home? is it our batsman, or is it our bowlers?

Can it be that both department is equally guilty?

Mominul and Mahmudullah's poor away record?

Where do Mominul and Mahmudullah go hiding away from home? both have poor average of 22/23 away from home in test.

Problem with pacers endurance and effectiveness?

What about our pacers? they easily get exhausted, and lack any venom or threat for the opposition.

Miraz has problems in overseas conditions?

How about Miraz? he has been very ineffective in test away from home. How do you leave our best test bowler Taijul from the XI?

Old March 2, 2019, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Ullah is a terrible captain

Bowling is inexperienced due to terrible first class system

Fielding is awful

Poor batsmen

Taijul would have got battered

A team of

Tamim
Shadman
Mominul
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Shakib
Ullah
Das
Mustafizur
Jayed
Ebadat

Would have done better, but injuries and upcoming world cups means that's not possible
Old March 2, 2019, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

You want Mominul ? Ki kon ?
Old March 2, 2019, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Add a 3rd option "batsmen, bowlers and fielders"
Old March 2, 2019, 09:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Is there a all of the above option available.

The batting part can be fixed if the morons can keep their head straight the bowling is the bigger concern, first class bowling for seam is not great, and the biggest issue is no overseas tours NOT for the senior players but the U23 U21 U19 type teams.

How are kids gonna get better if they are stuck at home all the time, you have all this money and sponsorship, and if I recall correctly I read a article from cricinfo that BD only uses 2 percent of their revenue on player salary, so if that's the case where does the other 98 percent go?

For the financial year 2017-18, the BCB is expected to earn $30 million, but they will spend only 1.8% of that amount on the national team's salaries.
Old March 2, 2019, 10:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Mahmudullah is poor choice for tests as captain and his captaincy is only good for limited overs. The problem is in all 3 departments. Batting, bowling and fielding and blame needs to be put on selectors as well.
Old March 2, 2019, 12:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Love the Poll. He is back.
Old March 2, 2019, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers81
Is there a all of the above option available.

The batting part can be fixed if the morons can keep their head straight the bowling is the bigger concern, first class bowling for seam is not great, and the biggest issue is no overseas tours NOT for the senior players but the U23 U21 U19 type teams.

How are kids gonna get better if they are stuck at home all the time, you have all this money and sponsorship, and if I recall correctly I read a article from cricinfo that BD only uses 2 percent of their revenue on player salary, so if that's the case where does the other 98 percent go?

For the financial year 2017-18, the BCB is expected to earn $30 million, but they will spend only 1.8% of that amount on the national team's salaries.
2 out of 3 batsman that average around 40 away from home are missing from the XI (Shakib and Mushy). This is a massive loss, considering the wicket is excellent for batting. I am pretty sure both Mushy and Shakib would have enjoyed batting on those flat tracks. I think, batting would not have been a big issue with those two around.

Can you blame the pacers? I mean even though it was a batting paradise, surely the three of them should have picked up more then 1 wicket? what about Courtney Walsh? what is he doing? really man?
Old March 3, 2019, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

At the moment seems like Liton and Mithun will be thrown out of the team for Musshy and Shakib.
Old March 3, 2019, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mustafiz

Pacers did ok but lack of guidance from good for nothing Wash. Mehedy is rubbish and relies on the pitch to get him wickets or lose shots by bats man.

We still don't have a culture for playing long innings. The batsman don't understand the difference between Tests and limited over cricket. They should focus on how to improve footwork and play short balls. Mominul is still work in progress.

Fielding has overall been rubbish. Also many runs given from unnecessary overthrows

Also allowing the players to make themselves accustomed to these conditions was too short.

Furthermore our players should never have a test series right after the cheap side show BPL

Last edited by adamnsu; March 3, 2019 at 10:25 AM..
Old March 3, 2019, 09:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Dont know why so many people thinks Riyad is "terrible captain" in tests. Other then bowling himself more, I dont see what else he couldve done. He backed his frontline bowlers, his usage of soumya worked well, his fielding was generally good. When you are about 270 runs short, it takes 4 very effective bowlers to comeback in the game. We didnt have that..
Old March 3, 2019, 10:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

So, why didn't Riyad bowl more than 1 over ? He got 1 wicket and gave away 3 runs. Yet, the lazy bum didn't want to bowl and instead made Mominul bowl. I am surprised he didn't ask Tamim!
Old March 3, 2019, 12:57 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I dont know why he didnt bowl, I am assuming he wanted to give Miraz the maximum opportunity to get used to the conditions...

But Mominul bowled because we didnt have a single SLA to bowl against Kane Williamson.