facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2011, 03:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Players putting Ipl over their Country

1st there was gayle,pollard now Malinga

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/512051.html

Old April 21, 2011, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

and Shahriar Nafees is still tagged as a traitor
Old April 21, 2011, 04:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Ravi Bopara deserves a lot of respect in this regard. He not only puts his country ahead of the IPL, but in fact he put County Cricket ahead of the IPL this year. Kudos to this guy. Hope he scores some big runs and makes a come-back to the England test team.
Old April 21, 2011, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Damn i was hoping malinga would leave so that shakib could get that purple cap.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 21, 2011, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

SL had given a NOC certificate in writing to BCCI that SL players will be available till 20th may. now, some SL ministers are pissed off because they did not get the same level of VVIP treatment as SL president mahinda rajapakse during the WC finals, which is too much to ask IMO. half the VVIP list of India was there and it wasn't possible to give special treatment to everyone.
anyway, they went back and decided to get their vengeance by disallowing lankan players to play for IPL. this hurts the players much more than it hurts BCCI and it certainly doesn't hurt the lankan politicians. which is why murali has condemned this move.

anyway, the lankan politicians are creating problems for SLC with this silly ego fight. SLC is financially afloat only because of BCCI's preferential tour arrangements for the last 4 years. if this happens and SLC goes into red (they incurred massive losses for the WC) they will not get the BCCI bailout package in the future, not that the politicians care.

------------------
gayle was dropped from the team. what does bumbling WICB expect, he will sit around at home and watch WI play on TV or take the first opportunity IPL offers him ? malinga will anyway not play tests for too long, given his fitness. he has played only 2 tests since 2007 and even in that series he had to opt out of the last series due to injury. why on earth does SLC call him back for a test series he is not playing in the first place ?

bopara's case is different, he has this one chance of getting selected in the test team, so obviously he will try that first. he will have many opportunities to play for IPL if he makes it to the top.
Old April 21, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

beiman!!!
Old April 21, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

kyun paisa paisa karti hain
kyun paise pe tu marti hain..

Money talks babbyy..I blame ICC for this chaos. IPL is not just a domestic tournament anymore. It's appeal has spread all over the world. ICC should wake up and include IPL in its fixture before its too late. in this way no more beimani no more kada sura suri and certainly no more juvenile retirement from international cricket...
Old April 21, 2011, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah, SLC is certainly doing beimani with its players.

latest news : Sri Lanka players may play IPL till May 18
http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka...ry/512111.html

clearly, the sports minister understands that the cheap theatrics and kothar khelap was going to hurt it in the future. just read the comments by lankan fans in the CI articles, they are saying dulip mendis and co and are doing this out of jealousy. poor malinga.
Old April 21, 2011, 11:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

SLC should not do this musical chair game of decisions. if they gave permission earlier, they shud hav stayed true.

but i think boards shud make sure they just dnt put new tours on the map right after the ipl starts. if it is a plan from before, by all means.

gadhar samne mula jhulaile gadha to tar pechhone chhutbei.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 21, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Only solution to all this problem is permanently placing IPL in the ICC fixture.
Old April 21, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

But what Malinga has done? He said he is injured and thus he cant play for SL. But he is continuing to play for his IPL team.
Old April 21, 2011, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

no, he did NOT say 'he was injured and hence can't play for SL'. he said he has a long term niggle in his knee which would get aggravated if he plays a 5 day test match with the workload that goes with it. a strike bowler like him would be expected to bowl 60-70 overs and field for 15 hours over the course of 5 days. then do it again after a gap of a couple of days. when was the last time malinga played a test for SL, IPL or no IPL ?
in contrast, in IPL he would have to bowl at most 4 overs and field for an hour every 3rd day or so.

using cheap rhetoric to villanise someone who has given his best for his country is just pathetic.
Old April 21, 2011, 09:25 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

if u have a knee problem regardless how small it is..is it ok to continue playing cricket with it before u are recovered?..how would u feel if sachin was playing for a county with a small elbow problem..

that may be a niggle now but can be nasty in future?..cant it?...in T20 y have only 4 overs to bowl and 20 to field so this doesn't put pressure on u is utter crap..T20 is a very intense game and puts a lot pressure in ones body and Its IPL where intensity is at its highest
Old April 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Last time I checked Sl board was paying all the costs of his operation and treatment. They have every right to see him resting and preparing for next available series instead of playing IPL. Beside IPL schedule is tight too and Malinga is just worsening his problem.
Old April 21, 2011, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

let malinga be the judge of what works for him. this guy has given all he could for his national team with his breaking down body. he played tests against India while carrying an injury (and won it for SL). if he thinks his body isn't ready for the physical stress of test cricket then you should respect his decision, as most of the lankan supporters are.
pardon me but who are YOU to question HIS dedication for his country ? what gives you the right to judge him and call him a liar ?

if sachin did it, I will trust sachin to do what is best for himself and his country. he has earned it with his dedicated service to his country for all these years. same with malinga.

p.s. if you think T20 is more physically intense than test cricket then I have nothing to say but
Old April 22, 2011, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

as expected malinga has retired from test cricket.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka...ry/512239.html

the guy probably wanted to see if his condition improved enough in the future to play tests but dulip mendis' and co messed with him forcing him to take premature retirement !
vindictive a****les !
Old April 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

in anywhere of my post did i say T20 is more intense then test?..where did i called him a lier?..i was just pointing out T20 is not a walk is the park...4 overs only but still a lot of stress in the body..and playing this with a injury may harm u in long term run
Old April 22, 2011, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

you just cannot ignore the big money factor. thousands of dollars against the "mere" honor of playing a test match for your country.

T20 is the crack, but test cricket is always special. hopefully, some players will still have that decency of preferring test over T20.

good thing is, India is no. 1 in tests now, so at least less of those T20s on tours, and more tests, and since India is the biggest market of cricket, test cricket might use this opportunity to thrive. if only the ICC can seize this opportunity to promote more test cricket, and a test championship, things wud hav been far smooth. this is the time to do it.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

nekre dada, check your own post. I don't want to drag this on.

Avik, it's not really about choosing money over country. I know a couple like gayle and pollard have gone outside the package contracts but with a duffer board like WICB who do not even pay their players on time, what do you expect talented in demand players to do. boards have no right to exploit players under the name of patriotism. this time gayle was dropped from WI team and he was not even informed !! and when he signed up for IPL WICB comes out and announces 'oh, we were considering you for the last matches'. are you sh!tting me ? this is how you treat your no1 player and ex captain ?

other than those two, no player has really chosen IPL over representing country, nor they should.
malinga's injury doesn't allow him to play tests anyway. in earlier times players like him would have just retired. nowadays at least they can extend their career a little with T20 and stuff and earn some money. let's not forget that a cricketer's earning career ends at 40, the time when most people start earning the big bucks.
Old April 22, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Agree with Neel here.

And patriotism doesn't come into play in case of gale, WI is not country in first place and when players are treated like **** by the board, you can't expect them to pick country over ipl either. Gayle has a pretty good reason to his defense and people should just stop talking as if they've committed treason or something.
Old April 22, 2011, 02:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Neel mia ami amar post dakhei jiges korsi...u r getting me wrong...i just asked is playing cricket with a injury right..T20,test,odi whatever
Old April 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I might be mistaken (in which case I apologise) but from the way you made that post it seems as if malinga is not being entirely honest. he is saying is physically ok to play T20 but not tests. if you question if this is true then you are questioning his truthfulness, whether that was your intention or not.
Old April 22, 2011, 02:35 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^i never said in my post about malinga's truthfulness..i just said that he said he has a niggle and with this niggle he continues to play ipl which is a t20 tournament..now people say t20 doesn't stress ur body..IMHO i dont support that..so i asked u(about ur post) not Malinga that is it ok to play this kind of big tournament with a injury regardless how small this is...i know its a huge money factor but god forbids this injury can become a nasty one..you never know with knee injuries..look at our mash...o never said malinga is lying i said that IMO it isn't ok to play with this injury

so i asked as what general srilankan people will think..so thats why i used sachin as an example for ur case
Old April 22, 2011, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

read http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka...ry/512239.html to understand why playing tests is a problem for him. it is never a good idea to comment on something without being aware of the whole issue.
Old April 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^u r stubbornly not understanding me...i am not saying he should play test..i am just saying concernedly that should he continue play IPL with this injury...Ipl is not just a domestic tournament its a big tournament and puts lot a stress to ur body..injury can get big

Quote:
Although I am sufficiently fit to play both ODI and T20 cricket, I have a long-standing degenerative condition in my right knee that needs to be carefully managed
this are his own words from that article...i respect his decision that he says he is fit to play t20..but i was just saying IMHO that knee is a very bad place of injury for a fast bowler and he should rest before he gets it fully fit