facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Want to refute...on second thought, I'm not even gonna bother
You really need to get your sh!t straight before posting here. As Raynman suggested in CT thread do a soul searching.

Old October 7, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Just listening to this talk show from British radio. You can download it from this link.

http://www.cricinfo.com/talk/content...ia/428609.html
Old October 8, 2009, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
You really need to get your sh!t straight before posting here. As Raynman suggested in CT thread do a soul searching.
I'd be the first one to admit my English is far from perfect and I fully expect ppl to ask me to explain a post or a certain portion of a post if there's any ambiguity; however, the only part of the English language some ppl seem to be very good at learning quickly and expressing, I've noticed, are cuss words. I totally understand what Raynmann said to me and I'm sure he'll agree that you've taken it totally out of context-- whether you did it intentionally or because you didn't understand is not my problem. Anyway I was genuinely a little confused about your argument and that's why I refrained from taking it a step further and refuting it.

But since you insist, here goes...
I'm not sure a single person on this board will agree with your statement "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to Sports". The problem I have with the language is if you had used the word "should" instead of "is", your point would've made sense to me. I would understand the argument-- The "show me the money" attitude should not be applicable to sports. Maybe I'd disagree to some extent but at least I'd understand where you're coming from as money shouldn't be the only deciding factor or as some would argue, the most important factor, to a sportsman. But the statment "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to sports", in my mind, implies sportsmen do not care about money, which is an absurdity.
Old October 8, 2009, 07:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I'm trying to remember now what was the topic of my thread..

Oh right..T-20, absolute cash-cow.Sooner ppl admit it the better. Good helping other aspects of the game, but don't let it dictate over other formats. The whole world following IPL was a big marketing achievement..but don't see why cricket boards have to keep a window open for their players to play there.

Idea of scrapping bi-lateral ODIs is ridiculous..it will make fans of countries involved miss out on a lot of matches. Of course, its also ridiculous to have this 10-15 ODI matches between two teams played in a year, and that has got to be reduced. REDUCED, NOT SCRAPPED.

Test cricket is the soul of cricket. You should not be favouring ODIs so heavily over it as done in India. T-20, good to play 2-3 sometimes in a tour, bur not always. 3 ODIS and 3 T-20s are better than 7 ODIs. More traditional fans can follow the ODIs, while the sugar-hyped newcomers can follow the T-20s. If you have time, sure, follow both.

Noone's criticising anyone for following/not following anything.
Old October 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
Cricket Sage

zman -

English: I don't know why you feel that way but I find your English much better, do no worries.

Cuss words: I was not cussing, the sentence I used is a common dialect and you may even find a lot of managers saying this to fellow employees in offices or teachers to students.

Post #46: I meant what it literally means, nothing close to what you were thinking.

Post #50: You could either finish your refutation or just ignore it totally, the post itself is a joke - only showing your instability hence post # 51 and reference to Raynman's post.
Old October 8, 2009, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
English: I don't know why you feel that way but I find your English much better, do no worries.
Listen man...some ppl are just so ridiculously obstinate it's really hard to get thru to them. I didn't make these comments to show off my English skills nor to win brownie points with you for my "English". I myself started using English only about 8 yrs ago after finishing highschool and I know it very well it'll take me yrs to get to the level where I truly want to be. When I read posts written by the likes of Al Furqan, Raynman, ATMR, nahaz, ZeeshanM just to name a few, and scores of other members who also do a phenomenal job and I just can't remember off the top of my head, I really admire them even when I'm in total disagreement with them.

For example, I disagree with several of the points Al Furqan bhai has mentioned in post #41. Nonetheless, even as a strong proponent of T20, I can appreciate his passion. We may have differing views, our suggested modes of accomplishing a common goal may be different, but at the end of the day we support the same team and root for "the wonderful game of cricket".
Quote:
Cuss words: I was not cussing, the sentence I used is a common dialect and you may even find a lot of managers saying this to fellow employees in offices or teachers to students.
With managers I can understand, but maybe I went to the wrong schools, dare I ask teachers at what educational institutions use this kind of language in front of their students?
Quote:
Post #46: I meant what it literally means, nothing close to what you were thinking.
I still fail to understand what the sentence--"The "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to Sports,"--literally means. Would you be kind enough to explain?
Quote:
Post #50: You could either finish your refutation or just ignore it totally, the post itself is a joke - only showing your instability hence post # 51 and reference to Raynman's post.
If my post was a joke, it was only in response to, I reiterate, a "ridiculous" statement.

With regard to Raynman bhai's post, I'm just gonna go ahead and explain it since it's clear as daylight some ppl still just don't get it. Raynman bhai had made a general statement about an issue and I thought it was directed towards me. I retorted back and thankfully he was kind enough to explain to me that the comment was a general statement and it wasn't directed towards me, and if I personally felt the "general statement" applied to me, then I needed to do some "soul searching". As soon as I realized my mistake I apologized to him and we moved on, and I'd like to believe we (Raynman and I) understand each other on that issue and I doubt Raynman bhai thinks of me as an inferior human being just because I apologized.

In the case of post #46, you made a general statement which I still don't understand, and you keep saying it means what it "literally" means, and I still don't understand what the "literal" meaning is and hence I ask for clarification.

And you keep referring to Raynman's comments although this situation has no resemblance whatsoever to what went down between Raynman and I.

I really apologize to the rest for boring you all with this post on such pesky matter and rest assured this'll be my last lengthy post on this topic but I felt the need to explain the situation because there are some ppl here who have the wrong attitude and tend to think they can take words out of context and humiliate others and thereby attain superiority. If we can learn to leave behind this kind of mentality and be more respectful to others--understanding that admitting defeat once in a while doesn't necessarily make one a "loser" and can instead make one a "winner"--a lot of the disputes we have today could be peacefully resolved.
Old October 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Listen man...some ppl are just so ridiculously obstinate it's really hard to get thru to them. I didn't make these comments to show off my English skills nor to win brownie points with you for my "English". I myself started using English only about 8 yrs ago after finishing highschool and I know it very well it'll take me yrs to get to the level where I truly want to be. When I read posts written by the likes of Al Furqan, Raynman, ATMR, nahaz, ZeeshanM just to name a few, and scores of other members who also do a phenomenal job and I just can't remember off the top of my head, I really admire them even when I'm in total disagreement with them.

For example, I disagree with several of the points Al Furqan bhai has mentioned in post #41. Nonetheless, even as a strong proponent of T20, I can appreciate his passion. We may have differing views, our suggested modes of accomplishing a common goal may be different, but at the end of the day we support the same team and root for "the wonderful game of cricket".

With managers I can understand, but maybe I went to the wrong schools, dare I ask teachers at what educational institutions use this kind of language in front of their students?

I still fail to understand what the sentence--"The "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to Sports,"--literally means. Would you be kind enough to explain?

If my post was a joke, it was only in response to, I reiterate, a "ridiculous" statement.

With regard to Raynman bhai's post, I'm just gonna go ahead and explain it since it's clear as daylight some ppl still just don't get it. Raynman bhai had made a general statement about an issue and I thought it was directed towards me. I retorted back and thankfully he was kind enough to explain to me that the comment was a general statement and it wasn't directed towards me, and if I personally felt the "general statement" applied to me, then I needed to do some "soul searching". As soon as I realized my mistake I apologized to him and we moved on, and I'd like to believe we (Raynman and I) understand each other on that issue and I doubt Raynman bhai thinks of me as an inferior human being just because I apologized.

In the case of post #46, you made a general statement which I still don't understand, and you keep saying it means what it "literally" means, and I still don't understand what the "literal" meaning is and hence I ask for clarification.

And you keep referring to Raynman's comments although this situation has no resemblance whatsoever to what went down between Raynman and I.

I really apologize to the rest for boring you all with this post on such pesky matter and rest assured this'll be my last lengthy post on this topic but I felt the need to explain the situation because there are some ppl here who have the wrong attitude and tend to think they can take words out of context and humiliate others and thereby attain superiority. If we can learn to leave behind this kind of mentality and be more respectful to others--understanding that admitting defeat once in a while doesn't necessarily make one a "loser" and can instead make one a "winner"--a lot of the disputes we have today could be peacefully resolved.

Please leave me out of this arguement as zman has pointed out, that was a different topic, different circumstance and different misunderstanding.
Old October 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

I am not here to offer brownie points to you, but from the above post #56 what I understand,

"Blah blah blah, sometimes I am dishonest to myself, blah, blah, blah".

Enough trying to help someone who is still not sure of him/herself.
Old October 8, 2009, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Shut up and go learn some manners first before you respond again.

To Moderators: I only disagreed with his comment and it was nothing personal, and he's the one who started making personal attacks.
Old October 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
unfortunately, many if not most senior BC members have bought into the t20 > ODI delusion simply because the IPL has made serious bucks.

the IPL is popular in india for obvious reasons, and popular in england, australia, rsa, etc because their top players play and earn top bucks. very same reason why we went gaga just because mash and ash were lucky enough to get paid for warming the bench.

does this mean that T20Is - a totally different setup than IPL matches - will be more exciting or more lucrative than ODIs are at present? is there any logic or empirical data to suggest this?

world t20 was a rousing sucess because the only champions thus far are India and Pakistan - who incidentally provide 90% of world cricket fans and 75-80 % of world cricket money. what happens when those two teams are bottom of the pack, a la world cup 2007? then we will see how much money t20 really makes, how long and boring the world t20 is, how minnows need to stop playing t20, and what a crappy product t20 is vis a vis ODIs.

no one would watch a 50 overs match between west indies and zimbabwe in karachi, but oh a t20 clash between ireland and bangladesh will pull crowds by the drove in the kotla or madras?

who the hell are we kidding?
I have not bought into T20>ODI concept. I just recognize that T20 is here to stay and we have no option but to play it and excel at it. Very soon T20 mannerisms will creep into ODI's. That much is inevitable. In eighties, 225-240 were darn good winnable scores in ODI's. Not so much anymore. The bar will just get higher. Very soon, 300+ will be a norm in ODI's. If we don't adapt, we will not compete. Plain and simple.
Old October 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks for Post#59 which actually denies your claim of not humiliating others in Post#56, validating my Post#58 further.

Really I am surprised by this childish act. We need to change our upbringing process to fix our youth to think right.

----

To all members -

I apologize for such distraction, none of my posts before last few was aimed at any personal issue. It's post # 49 which is really a nothing post. As you will find I generally do not quote members unless I have anything concrete to mention on a topic.

I am up for ODI's and as much as I like T20 do not really support the idea of it ruling over the 50 over format.