facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old February 4, 2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

Default Deleting posts

I would like to ask the mods for the 3rd time why my simple question based threads are being repeatedly deleted. I have had I believe 4 posts deleted thus far.

Thank you.

- P

Old February 4, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
I would like to ask the mods for the 3rd time why my simple question based threads are being repeatedly deleted. I have had I believe 4 posts deleted thus far.

Thank you.

- P
Risking the ire of the "establishment" (and I don't care), I am going to say that this is how censorship evolves in a growing community, and the people in power are sadly always in a position to determine what is just or not. Power and free speech are like tel-aar-pani.

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 7:05 PM GMT, by Arnab.
Old February 4, 2005, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Idle philosophising here trying to draw an analogy between virtual online communities as manifested by bulletin boards such as this to "real" societies. Forum rules may map onto laws of the land. A post in a bulletin board could be analogous to a speech or an act. Mods I suppose could be equivalent to policement whose job is to maintain the rule of "law" as defined and accepted by society. The laws may be benign to help guide the society in a civil manner or they could be simply totalitarian, there only to support the ruling oligarchy. Often there might be no laws whatsover - case in point the unmoderated usenet newsgroups.

Taking this idle thought process further - what might be the real world equivalent of a post deletion? Perhaps when the coppers come and get you for something you said or did that broke the laws of the land. For example, in most societies "yelling fire in a theater" is not protected free speech. You do that and you quickly get your rear-end in the can. You can't just go and hit someone in the face just because you do not like him. What is a bulletin board equivalent of punching some one in the face?

And so on so forth... . Off to work again

Edited on, February 5, 2005, 4:16 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old February 4, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Except that you are kind of hogwashing when you say that:

"Mods I suppose could be equivalent to policement whose job is to maintain the rule of "law" as defined and accepted by society. "

You supposed wrongly.
Old February 4, 2005, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
Except that you are kind of hogwashing when you say that:

"Mods I suppose could be equivalent to policemen whose job is to maintain the rule of "law" as defined and accepted by society. "

You supposed wrongly.
Heh.

Another version could be -

Mods I suppose could be equivalent to policemen whose job is to maintain the rule of "law" as defined by the oligarchy.

Does not say anything about being accepted by the citizens.

That's why I had the "could be"
Old February 4, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

To Pundit, what was the subject of your threads?
Old February 4, 2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

SF, it was in the "Stunning reaction ....." subject based post.
Old February 5, 2005, 10:40 AM
Banned

A 5th post of mine has been deleted as well - posted yesterday...on Immanuel Kant.

Somebody is diligently pursuing an effort of censor-ship here!

Are we all warming up just prior to Superbowl ?
Old February 5, 2005, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Why are Pundit's posts being deleted? Are they that inflammatory? Could we have an explanation please?
Old February 5, 2005, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Shubho, I want to relieve you of all the nagging questions. This site administration is like the George Bush administration. First of all, if you ask anything, you will probably not get an answer. You will just be ignored. Secondly, if you do get an answer, it will smell so much like cheap propaganda laden with banal flowery words that you will vomit. Thirdly, if you keep nagging, you will be threatened repeatedly by the propagandist administrator who will invoke the "constitution". Remember, this is not "fair play". The government may look like a lawyer presenting their own case awaiting judgment from an impartial third party, but not. They are also the rule-makers, the judges, and the rule enforcers. When they see the futility of their own position, they will simply invent new rules on the spot while debating with you.

Just letting you know. I regret that I have let this happen. I saw it unfold before my very eyes.
Old February 5, 2005, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
A 5th post of mine has been deleted as well - posted yesterday...on Immanuel Kant.

Somebody is diligently pursuing an effort of censor-ship here!
Yeah I remember seeing that post. Pundit, you need to be aware of Chinaman's way of working. When he says something, he will follow it like a robot. He is like the stupid Terminator. For example, he said that he didn't want to see any more post from you in that thread. Examine the last sentence. LITERALLY. Do you get it?

Even if you threw in a post saying "I love puppies", Chinaman would have deleted it, even though it had nothing to do with the topic of the actual thread. Chinaman sees username "Pundit." Chinaman sees "new post". Chinaman remembers "rule". Chinaman deletes post.

He is the terminator.
Old February 5, 2005, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
Yeah I remember seeing that post. Pundit, you need to be aware of Chinaman's way of working. When he says something, he will follow it like a robot. He is like the stupid Terminator. For example, he said that he didn't want to see any more post from you in that thread. Examine the last sentence. LITERALLY. Do you get it?

Even if you threw in a post saying "I love puppies", Chinaman would have deleted it, even though it had nothing to do with the topic of the actual thread. Chinaman sees username "Pundit." Chinaman sees "new post". Chinaman remembers "rule". Chinaman deletes post.

He is the terminator.
Nice post!
Old February 5, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Banglacricket dot com parliamentary body should practice some more "democratic centralization" theory
Old February 5, 2005, 04:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Arnab! I refer you to BanglaCricket staff guideline, rule 2 in particular.

This thread is closed until further notice.
Closed Thread