facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 17, 2007, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default TV Shows

We can discuss about the tv series Prison Break, Heroes, Lost, Smallville or any others in this thread.

I personally watch Prison Break, Heroes, Lost, Smallville, House and recently started watching Chuck....

ATTN MODS: Can someone put the some of the posts from this http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=24372 thread, we absolutely digressed from the original thread opener's topic. Thanks

Old November 17, 2007, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Oh this reminds me - I've spent sleepless nights trying to figure this out: What happens to Mohinder's taxi??? It is so confusing! How does he get his cab back? Early in the first season, they show him running away from it to avoid Bennett. If that's what you're gonna do in NYC, there's no way you're getting your taxi back without calling the cops. Later in the season, they show him bringing Peter's corpse back to his mom after Sylar kills him. In the background stands the same cab that he had left in the middle of a busy NYC street several episodes ago.

How exactly does he get his taxi back? These are important details that shouldn't be missed out by any means! I can live without the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" explanation, but I can't do so without an explanation on Suresh's taxi related matters. Does he have a secret power that allows him to whistle lost objects back to himself? Is that how he got his cab back? Is he then a hero? Is there something they aren't telling us? After all, his sister had powers too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is a taxi puller.
haha
I copied this from the other thread. Instead of making this thread, we could have just changed the title of the other one. but anywho...

It's hardly a mystery Asif if you were a taxi driver like myself but obviously you aren't, you filthy rich chatgaiyas (all of you make me sick). Mohinder obviously doesn't own that taxi, he rents it from a taxi garage... So there can be several possibilities:
1) Those two taxis were different. Just because the license plate matched (did it?), it doesn't mean they are the same taxi. Number of license (hack licenses) by each garage is limited whereas they probably can have multiple taxis - it's just they are limited to renting out the taxis by the number of plates they hold.

2) It might be the same taxi by:
a) Suresh called the garage, some one from garage came and took back the taxi
b) The taxi is stolen (as you are are assuming): two possibilities:
i) The taxi was an early adapter of the GPS tracking system, so they tracked it quiet easily
ii) it was the GARAGE who called the police to investigate

So suresh need not be there to save "his" taxi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to more trivial matters:
How was the power of the "electric girl" working in front of Peter if peter encountered the Haitian 4 months ago. Wouldn't Peter also have the haitian's power as well? No one's power should work in presence of peter now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A comment on Peter's girl friend's accent: She is in ireland fool, not in new york.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On house,
It's alright but don't you think it's too heavy. I get a headache watching house. It took me 2 episodes to figure out LP was lumber puncture... LOL
Old November 17, 2007, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
On house,
It's alright but don't you think it's too heavy. I get a headache watching house. It took me 2 episodes to figure out LP was lumber puncture... LOL
according to my cousin (studying micro-bio/genetics) most of the solutions and problems in House is just random bs, and doesnt make any sense in true medical terms.

I cant tell cuz I come from an absolute non-med background, but I think so does the most of the House viewers. I think med/bio ppl tend to go for grey's anatomy or scrubs maybe because there are more drama/comedy in those (that would be based on my observation in my surroundings)....

house season 4 is so much like Apprentice. ppl speculate and analyze which intern is gonna get fired next episode....
Old November 17, 2007, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

btw, I am sorry to kill Asif's joke, I should be buried.... but I was offended when he called Suresh a Taxi puller... Brother it's Taxi Operator.

Quote:
according to my cousin (studying micro-bio/genetics) most of the solutions and problems in House is just random bs, and doesnt make any sense in true medical terms.
Maybe....

But out of all medical shows, I find scrubs the most appealing.... Grey's Anatomy do not interest me at all...you would have to pay me to watch that show.
Old November 17, 2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

What an explosive start to Season 5! David Palmer dead, Michell Dessler dead, Tony Almeida in seriously bad condition, Jack and Chloe on the run....

Meanwhile, Ashka come back in Spellbinders 2, right from ep.1.
Old November 17, 2007, 08:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I started watching Heroes..couldnt keep up with my busy schedule...
Watch House sometimes, like the show. As i have complete zero background of medical issue, i like the drama and like any house fans, the eccentric nature of the central character.

Lost.... i got lost after few episodes of first series..never returned....

Prison Break... i heard a lot about the show, never just quite got into it, more cuz of time scarcity.

..and since i got back in bangladesh.... the series i miss the most is SCRUBS...
Absolutely love the show. Isnt series 5 was the last one so far? cuz if it is, im up to dated...

too bad nothing is on air here ... crappy "star world" still broadcast freinds and seinfield. Those were great back then, but i mean, c'mon move on... havent we all watched every single of those episodes like a million times already?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 17, 2007, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
btw, I am sorry to kill Asif's joke, I should be buried.... but I was offended when he called Suresh a Taxi puller... Brother it's Taxi Operator.
Taxi puller as in taxi magnet, a guy who stretches his hand and taxis get pulled towards him.
Old November 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

About the Haitian, maybe Peter doesn't know how to use his powers yet? No, that'd be stupid. Maybe he can't absorb the Haitian's powers. Maybe no one can. Maybe the Haitian is going to save the world one day.

Actually, yeah. Remember how Sylar's powers weren't working when he was in the same building as the Haitian, so that he had to come out to be able to use them? All they have to do then is take the Haitian to every bad guy's door and kill them, instead of creating unnecessary drama.
Old November 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

haha... I think Asif is mad because they decided not to show the "most beautiful girl japan has ever seen" anymore.

Doesn't hiro realize that falling in love with that girl would be incest? Maybe hiro is chatgaiya. Aren't all "heroes" descendants of kensai (adam). If adam didn't get the girl, then rest of the heroes wouldn't be in existence. Is adam a player?
And if we have adam, gabriel, Isaac and all other friggin biblical characters... I think we need a Mohammad. Is Mohinder Mohammad?

/above post inspired by Asif
Old November 17, 2007, 10:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

most of us are really busy in our life so wont get to watch those program in television.
Recently I found a website www.sidereel.com , you just select an episode and watch it.

I watched all of prison break and Heroes before it was telecasted in UK.
Old November 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Actually I heard that the writers of house hired 3 doctors just to make sure what they say in the show is true. But i dont care if its true or not as long as he is a jerk.

And the girl from Chuck is hot.
Old November 17, 2007, 02:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Actually I heard that the writers of house hired 3 doctors just to make sure what they say in the show is true. But i dont care if its true or not as long as he is a jerk.

And the girl from Chuck is hot.
Which one chucks sister (brunette) or his girlfriend (blond)
Old November 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Which one chucks sister (brunette) or his girlfriend (blond)
I forgot about the sister. She is pretty good looking too. But Sarah is hotter.
Old November 17, 2007, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I forgot about the sister. She is pretty good looking too. But Sarah is hotter.
yea her name is Yvonne Strahovski, And thats one God's creation..... ok enuf said....
Old November 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Stoped watching Prison Break After Season 1, I think it would have been perfect if it was a 2 Season series.... but they had to extend it and extend it and I lost interest.
Old November 17, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

I watch Prison Break, Heroes, Lost, and Supernatural. They are all very gud IMO
Old November 17, 2007, 07:06 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Favourite shows: Heroes, Prison Break, Lost, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Scrubs, etc. Don't get time to watch House.

Mods, please pull all the non-24 related posts from the other thread to this one, thanks.
Old November 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Now to more trivial matters:
How was the power of the "electric girl" working in front of Peter if peter encountered the Haitian 4 months ago. Wouldn't Peter also have the haitian's power as well? No one's power should work in presence of peter now.
Peter wasn't close enough when he was attacked by Elle to acquire the Haitian's ability, let alone prevent it so quickly. When he was attacked his shirt was on fire, I hardly think his mind would be concentrating on anything else. Elle and Haitian separated their ways, so there was no point in getting the Haitian's ability. It's also possible Haitian's ability can't be acquired, and his supress ability prevented Peter from doing so when they were actually closer in the docks.
Old November 17, 2007, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Peter wasn't close enough when he was attacked by Elle to acquire the Haitian's ability, let alone prevent it so quickly. When he was attacked his shirt was on fire, I hardly think his mind would be concentrating on anything else. Elle and Haitian separated their ways, so there was no point in getting the Haitian's ability. It's also possible Haitian's ability can't be acquired, and his supress ability prevented Peter from doing so when they were actually closer in the docks.
Ah I see gud point there Hatebreed bhai
Old November 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
yea her name is Yvonne Strahovski, And thats one God's creation..... ok enuf said....
Been using wikipedia eh?

No one here watches Friday Night Lights? The show is really different and the way it's filmed makes it even more special.Its one of those shows that did not get enough coverage from media. I suggest if you are interested in football then check this show out. It portrays a more realistic version of high school kids unlike some other shows.
Old November 18, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Been using wikipedia eh?
oh absolutely. Only if her name was a typical American name I didnt have to. These European names are always hard to spell......
Old November 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Actually I was referring the scene where peter was in jail and tried to use his power to move the glass but Bob and ele said your powers won't work here.... then they showed the haitian appear in background. Afterward, Elle's power shouldn't be working with peter like when she gives him a "jolt of electricity" before his medication.

Anyway, I think you are right that Haitian's power can't be absorbable. It makes sense. If peter's real power is to ABSORB other powers and Haitian's power is to SUPPRESS other powers, and given Haitian, suppressed, then peter can not absorb because he no longer holds the power.

Actually there should have been some sort of conflict with two opposite power coming in contact with each other... with peter eventually winning:
Haitian and peter meets... absorbance and suppression take place instantly, with Haitian's suppression winning.. but since peter also absorbed slightly, his absorbed suppression power should kick in, suppressing the suppression of Haitian.. if Haitian's suprression is suppressed, peter is no longer suppressed by Haitian and gets to use his powers and WINS.. unless peter's own suppressive power supprsses his other powers... LOL

Hope that is crystal clear!
Old November 18, 2007, 07:43 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Actually I was referring the scene where peter was in jail and tried to use his power to move the glass but Bob and ele said your powers won't work here.... then they showed the haitian appear in background. Afterward, Elle's power shouldn't be working with peter like when she gives him a "jolt of electricity" before his medication.
In the room with Bob, Elle only used electricity when Peter woke up. The Haitian probably wasn't close-by at that moment. So Peter wouldn't have absorbed the Haitian's ability, especially when the Haitian appeared later to supress him (as he tried to move the glass). Thus negating the possibility why Elle's ability wouldn't work around him later. Secondly, he was constantly on the 'Haitian pill's when Elle visited him, so his powers wouldn't be working anyway. It is safe to assume the medication was timed in such way that their effects wouldn't wear off completely before the next dosage. Even if Peter had the supress ability, I think it only works if you want it to. Peter allowed Elle to jolt him, even if he didn't like it. Also, if Elle couldn't jolt him, he would simply be put bigger dose of medicine, since he was doing it voluntarily.

Quote:
Anyway, I think you are right that Haitian's power can't be absorbable. It makes sense. If peter's real power is to ABSORB other powers and Haitian's power is to SUPPRESS other powers, and given Haitian, suppressed, then peter can not absorb because he no longer holds the power.

Actually there should have been some sort of conflict with two opposite power coming in contact with each other... with peter eventually winning:
Haitian and peter meets... absorbance and suppression take place instantly, with Haitian's suppression winning.. but since peter also absorbed slightly, his absorbed suppression power should kick in, suppressing the suppression of Haitian.. if Haitian's suprression is suppressed, peter is no longer suppressed by Haitian and gets to use his powers and WINS.. unless peter's own suppressive power supprsses his other powers... LOL

Hope that is crystal clear!
To put it simply, his power can't be absorbed if he is blocking Peter's absorb ability when he is around him. It is even possible he is always immune to it or able to control the distance his supress ability works. Only if the Haitian was in close vicinity and let his guard down Peter would automatically absorb his ability. Then we would see if there is a conflict. It would come down to whoever is quicker at using it. I think the Haitian would win because he's in better control of his abilities and Peter mostly uses his in desperation.

Last edited by Hatebreed; November 18, 2007 at 08:08 AM..
Old November 19, 2007, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Suresh is such a modon. That's why scientists should be killed once they make a discovery. Subcontinent er manusher eitai shomossha - shob kisu te naak golate hoy.

Btw, Bennett's my hero.

Btw btw, does this mean anyone injected with Claire's blood will live forever?
Old November 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Ah cmon. Right in the eye.Well atleast Bennet isnt dead.

I think so ATMR. Cause remember how Adam was saying his blood could save Nathan. So i am guessing the immortality comes with it.

Watched Chuck tonight. That salami girl was beautiful. This show brings in some of the most beautiful girls around. Too bad she was just guest starring.

Btw here is an article on Heroes and how the creators are apologizing for the slow start to the second season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7101992.stm
Quote:
The creator of hit TV show Heroes has apologised to fans in the US for a slow start to the second series. Tim Kring admitted to Entertainment Weekly that mistakes had been made on the choice of storylines, but promised to get the show back on track.
The second series has seen falling ratings in the US, where the programme is now eight episodes in.
Viewers in the UK can see the conclusion of the first series on BBC Two on 5 December.
'Mistake'
The superhero show, starring Hayden Panettiere and Masi Oka, was the top-rated new drama in the US last year.
But recent programmes have seen audiences slip away - with one recent episode placing 30th in the overall ratings.
The drop-off has been attributed to an influx of new characters and sluggish story-telling. Kring admitted the pace had been too slow.
"We assumed the audience wanted season one - a build up of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. They wanted adrenaline.
"We made a mistake - we took too long to get to the big-picture story," he added.
Read rest here:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7101992.stm