facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2012, 01:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara, Alok Kapali

Our expectations were so high, but the true is we need a visionary person like Saber Hossain at any cost for the good of cricket.

We know club cricket is the nucleus for our cricket, so we should try to introduce 4 day mathces in the DPL. If we can't do this than it is high time to introduce BPL type NCL. That means more money, more competition.

And Papon is doing right thing for his post, not for the cricket. If councilors from the districts get chance to select BCB president than there is a chance that Saber Hossain might be selected. I am losing all hope from this Papon guy.

Old December 6, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
So remain in the past permanently and they will never allow NCL to be more important than DPL... If you are ok with that then ok. But most of the people want regional boards to be more powerful and NCL to be more important and dominant than DPL.
DPL is not really Dhaka divisional premier league, it is THE only league in Bangladesh. Infact the games in DPL are more competetive and professionally played than NCL.
It is not about remaining in past, a country must first have proper leagues in each division and based on that players should get selected to their divisional side. Unfortunately there is no such arrangement in place. Infact players in each division is placed there by the national selectors !! how is that normal?? Beside Rajshahi, none of the divisional cricket team is professionally maintained... So how do you expect to have concellors from divisional team when they dont have any enthusiasm for their own team??

Also DPL is effectively Bangladesh Premier League (50 over version)..
Old December 6, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
DPL is not really Dhaka divisional premier league, it is THE only league in Bangladesh. Infact the games in DPL are more competetive and professionally played than NCL.
It is not about remaining in past, a country must first have proper leagues in each division and based on that players should get selected to their divisional side. Unfortunately there is no such arrangement in place. Infact players in each division is placed there by the national selectors !! how is that normal?? Beside Rajshahi, none of the divisional cricket team is professionally maintained... So how do you expect to have concellors from divisional team when they dont have any enthusiasm for their own team??

Also DPL is effectively Bangladesh Premier League (50 over version)..
I really don't get your point. Unless BCB gets out of their grip, how do you think the power to shift to the regions?? So yes as long as you remain in their grip, you will remain in the past.
Old December 6, 2012, 03:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

How many cricketers from Dhaka city are in the national team now ? May be 1 or 2 . In the past it was opposite . It happened because Cricket has grown all over the Country . I salute those District Organizations for producing quality cricketers to represent the current national team . So, representatives (Councellor) must be selected from the districts .
Old December 6, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I really don't get your point. Unless BCB gets out of their grip, how do you think the power to shift to the regions?? So yes as long as you remain in their grip, you will remain in the past.
Simple point really, you cannot hire people who never played any role in proper management or development of cricket in bangladesh simply because they are from a certain region. Of course you can develop these admins for future and may be have them as councellors in couple of years time when they have proven their ability to manage the divisional team.
Old December 6, 2012, 03:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

we want saber hossain as BCB president.
Old December 7, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

This Papon exposed himself as another corrupt politician from Bangladesh. The president, his father, had some bad reputation. But Papon has been considered as a clean person till now. If the report is true then he is more corrupt than Lota Kamal and is enough to destroy our cricket single-handedly.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
How many cricketers from Dhaka city are in the national team now ? May be 1 or 2 . In the past it was opposite . It happened because Cricket has grown all over the Country . I salute those District Organizations for producing quality cricketers to represent the current national team . So, representatives (Councellor) must be selected from the districts .
i think you are over acclaiming them...yes cricketers comes from all over the country now days...but are they really groomed in the place of origin..most of them are groomed in the bksp and dhaka leagues...in ideal world you want cricketers to stay in their place of origin...get groomed there with proper facility, infrastructure, support and get selected for the regional ncl teams and then represent the country..yes there will be the odd few who will be deemed prodigiously talented and get fast tracked to the dhaka based support system...however this problem is just not with cricket its more of a national problem..where most of the development seems to be dhaka based and our divisional cities seems to be living on scrap...
Old December 7, 2012, 11:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
This Papon exposed himself as another corrupt politician from Bangladesh. The president, his father, had some bad reputation. But Papon has been considered as a clean person till now. If the report is true then he is more corrupt than Lota Kamal and is enough to destroy our cricket single-handedly.
I really don't understand sometimes. How can you guys even think Papon or any other politician is clean? Just because there hasn't been any allegations against him, you assume he is clean? That just means he is smart enough to keep his dirty dealings concealed under the table. Also I am not sure as I don't really follow DPL but that big issue about Mohammad Yusufcand stopping the DPL had Papon's club involved in it. A guy who can stop the whole league schedule just to keep his club take over the helm of BCB. Lol ( I'm not too sure about the DPL thing though, it's just that I m still too pissed with the 4th match and need to vent out at somebody, even if I am not too sure about some facts)
Old December 7, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Mr. Papon needs to give a 'dhamki' that Tamim might be dropped for the Final match for his performance.... he needs to take leaf out of L. Kamal's book on how to trigger our bilais...
Old December 7, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Simple point really, you cannot hire people who never played any role in proper management or development of cricket in bangladesh simply because they are from a certain region. Of course you can develop these admins for future and may be have them as councellors in couple of years time when they have proven their ability to manage the divisional team.
You think it's the Dhaka clubs that produced all players?? Sorry to see your knowledge. Dhaka clubs only benefit from the cricketers that come from various places..... Even in my childhood I have seen cricket leagues used to be played in District level and those district administrators have a lots of contributions in nurturing talents at the grass root level ....you pretend that those guys know nothing about sports...That's your lack of knowledge really.....those guys are more honest than these corrupt/politicized Dhaka club buffoons...
Old December 7, 2012, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
You think it's the Dhaka clubs that produced all players?? Sorry to see your knowledge. Dhaka clubs only benefit from the cricketers that come from various places..... Even in my childhood I have seen cricket leagues used to be played in District level and those district administrators have a lots of contributions in nurturing talents at the grass root level ....you pretend that those guys know nothing about sports...That's your lack of knowledge really.....those guys are more honest than these corrupt/politicized Dhaka club buffoons...
You are correct .