facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2010, 06:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up Congrats to us, the best cricket fans in the world!

Unmitigated passion, sleep deprivation, questioning sanity, skipping work and school, masochism, celebrating individual achievement, scapegoating failures and rekindling hope whenever we find victory in a bucket full of losses -- WE SO ROCK!

Lets hug and kiss ourselves and one another before we're back for more ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 5, 2010, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Mwah! Mwah! Smooch! Stayed up all night and going to work now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 5, 2010, 06:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Stayed up all night and missed college! also calling in sick for work in a bit! Cheers!
Old March 5, 2010, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Yeah, in the first two matches, i stayed up till 2:30 in the morning just to watch the boys lose and snoozed the whole next day at work. Today even after the loss, I'm not mad at the boys, but at the umpires. I really love this 'could have-should have- would have' game. Yeah, so I guess I rock. We all rock because most of us will follow the next game with ' ajke kichhu ekta hoye jabe' in our minds. We are really one of a kind.

But sorry bros, can't kiss and hug you. I'm neither into brotherly love nor an Arab.
Old March 5, 2010, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

I'm feeling like sick now after the match. fever may be
Old March 5, 2010, 07:31 AM
Banned

Best Cricket Fans? More like seriously deranged group of people wishing for something that ain't happenin'.
Old March 5, 2010, 08:13 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Yeah and the fans in the stadium applauded Kieswetter when he scored a century so it goes to show their wasn't so much applause in the Morgan one was because the scoreboard was behind, but I think a few people realised.
Old March 5, 2010, 08:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

went to sleep after shakib's wicket, now feeling so crap have to go to work
Old March 5, 2010, 11:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sacrificed family time (power nap after work) just to stay up and watch Moni raise the finger and in previous matches Rod Tucker not raising the finger.

Shakib is getting robbed/mugged in broad daylight, first by Lotus, then McCullum ending with Moni, and between it was Mushi and others by commitee;

I hope he hires a bodyguard.
Old March 5, 2010, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sacrificed family time (power nap after work) just to stay up and watch Moni raise the finger and in previous matches Rod Tucker not raising the finger.

Shakib is getting robbed/mugged in broad daylight, first by Lotus, then McCullum ending with Moni, and between it was Mushi and others by commitee;

I hope he hires a bodyguard.
its possible....not actual bodyguard though. Riyad it is. by performing with ball,bat and fielding(catching) = we will win and there's no point to blame the captain blindly :p an average captain(bashar) of winning team don't feel pressure whereas in form captain with continuous team failure got to face it all alone.
Old March 5, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Like you guys, I get hurt watching Bangladeshi players doing the hard work to simply throw it all away. Last night I was up even after the game was over because I couldn’t sleep…..first, it was anger then it was sadness. But eventually I was able to fall asleep because this is nothing new to me. We have been living this “what if” dream long enough to actually lose sleep over it but we all move on.
Like our cricketers, we fan also need to have the proper mindset to actually learn what to expect from a team that is “Oh So young and occasionally stupid”. But as I said, we are all learning, both the cricketers and the crickets lovers.
I am sure one day we will be a competitive side and we will look back to these days where we all learned how to become mentally strong and feel happy that we were all there when Bangladesh cricket actually took its baby steps and we were all there to support it. After all, one needs to taste sadness to simply cherish the happier moments of life.
Old March 5, 2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Our fan motto should be: "Always looking forward, forgetting the past"

Just this morning, the hottest thread is selection of the test squad. Goes to show how resilient and optimistic bunch we really are.

But even the best of us can fight the good fight only so long.......

The day will come, when I will stop caring, but as of this morning, I am still a bit hurt, a bit disappointed, a bit angry with myself.
Old March 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

looking forward to the NCL final
Old March 5, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I hug you back. I missed the whole game though.
Old March 5, 2010, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I hug you back. I missed the whole game though.

Then this the ball Enam (moni) judged lbw on Shakib when he was just opening up 38 of run a ball, BD ready to make a charge. OFF PIETERSON???????

Also read this 11.5 overs:
Bresnan to Aftab Ahmed, no run, 66.6 mph, really good slower ball, and the batsman's done well to adjust there. Bresnan appeals, I'm not sure for what though as the ball came straight off the bat into the ground

England specifically targetted Enam and appealed even dead full faced blocked shots.

So you really missed our Enam (moni) at his best.
Old March 6, 2010, 02:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Then this the ball Enam (moni) judged lbw on Shakib when he was just opening up 38 of run a ball, BD ready to make a charge. OFF PIETERSON???????

Also read this 11.5 overs:
Bresnan to Aftab Ahmed, no run, 66.6 mph, really good slower ball, and the batsman's done well to adjust there. Bresnan appeals, I'm not sure for what though as the ball came straight off the bat into the ground

England specifically targetted Enam and appealed even dead full faced blocked shots.

So you really missed our Enam (moni) at his best.

I think English player have understood a "DUMBO" umpire in the field very well.
Old March 5, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Keep faith one day we will be on top

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

stayed up all night, came to work in the morning...cannot seem to get Shakib's out and the painful faces of Riyad and Naeem out of my head!!!
Old March 6, 2010, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am a great supporter of BD, and I do feel for them in their losses, I am sad for days after a loss, but my motto is - dont let your heart break, dont have any expectations, no high hopes and maybe they will surprise you.
I admire the members here for their great support of their players, everyone here wants to see the team and all the players perform well, but this is not happening, everyone is pulling their hair out in frustration and bashing all the players.
When I really started to follow BD cricket during the WC in 2007 after I ended my gypsy life, I remember that they used to get bowled out in test cricket for less than 100 runs, and it was a struggle for them to score 300 runs, they used to lose by an innings and ? runs, could not take the game to the fifth day. Now, that does not happen anymore, they give it a good fight even if they lose and are not pushovers anymore.
In ODIs, they are scoring over 250 runs now, but should be aiming for 300 runs. They are no good at 20/20 because they do not play enough of it.
My conclusions is that they have improved, but at a snail's pace, because other teams are improving much more rapidly than them. Take Zim for example, they have just beaten a strong WI team twice, why?
because they are fighting to make it back into test cricket. Ireland is a fighting team because they want to become full members, so that they do not have to play all these tournaments to qualify for WC competition.Afghanistan fought to get ODI status.
I feel if Bangladesh had to play and fight for every match, they will be a much better team. Now, because they are full members, they automatically get a place.
I still feel that BCB does not do enough for these players and have shortchanged them. They should have better support staff and do not want to spend the money e.g. fielding and catching, even a board like SL have addressed this problem and hired a fielding consultant.
Old March 6, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

সহী কথা। ৩য় ওডিআই এর নির্লজ্জ্ব পারফর্মেন্সের পরও আমরা তথৈবচ।
Old March 7, 2010, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

If there was a mathematical way to describe it, then we would have the highest passion/win ratio of any sport out there.

In other words, I doubt followers of any national side in any sport continue to follow their team with so much hope and passion inspite of a track record that is likely to bring at least 10 defeats before a victory