facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2002, 11:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Changes for ODI2

If I had half a brain, I would probably drop Taposh and bring in Talha. Ashraful would need to go in favor of either Sujon or Tushar. Obviously playing 5 spinners didn't do sh*t for us - Ash gave away 71 runs, Kapali gave away 35 in 5 (BTW he should be in the team as a batsman)

Old November 29, 2002, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

i think kapali bowled pretty decently until the last over. both kapali and ash could retain their place because they do just enough with the bat compared to others. i agree on the taposh/talha switch, and finding a way for tushar to come back. should bashar be dropped, everytime we say that he comes back with a solid innings and we are playing at home...
Old November 29, 2002, 05:41 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Any chance that Sujon might be back? We might have missed his experience in the 1st ODI especially when the seamers seem to have doing a bit during the first few overs.
Old November 30, 2002, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Default habibul, rokon to be dropped

sunday's ds reports from the selection gurus that bashar and rokon are to be dropped. bowlers will be retained. aliul takes credit for ashraful and naimur's work in the first game.

hmmm..

rokon's 10 in this innings was his highest in the last 5, so aliul is mad. curiously, this comes after rokon's improved performance in the SA tests, when this board stopped calling for his head. now it seems they have lost patience again.

bashar has struggled, of course. but there are 2 one day fifties in his last 5 innings. that still has to be as good as the others.

ehsan and tushar will come in, meaning there will be little experience in the top order.

on the bowling, all these spinners don't make sense. leaving talha out doesn't make sense. he got 4 against south africa - and here he is unable to get a place on the team because of the likes of naimur and rafique. such is the selector's logic. containment is fine, but who will take the wickets?

Old November 30, 2002, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ash and Shumon should play in all matches, there's no denying class.Here's my eleven for the second game:

Rokon,Ash,Seezan,Shumon,Sanwar,Kapali,Durjoy,Pilot ,Rafique,Talha,Monju
Old November 30, 2002, 10:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Change is good ?

I agree with Mr. Aliul on his comments about Sumon and Rokon. They needed to show more respnsibilty out there. I probably would not have dropped Sumon but Rokon's last five innings more than seals the selectors decision.
What I do expect is for Sumon to come back on match three and score a fifty. Same with Rokon.

Tusher and Seezan deserve a spot. MOre on later.