facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2002, 11:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Last ODI

I have to say well done to your bowlers, as our batting line up is on fire, and restricting us to 275 is a great achievement considering what happened to Harbhajan et all in India. However, It sounds like you lacked a bit of experience when it came to how to deal with Pow Pow. However, dont be too down, because he has mauled other attacks, such as India and Bangladesh, who are supposed to have slightly better attacks.

As soon as I build someone up, they bowl absolute rubbish! If anyone was watching the game, could they please tell me how Lawson bowled! He was a big letdown fpor me today, but I am willing to stick with any bowler who posseses the potential that this young man has.

Old November 29, 2002, 02:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Drakes

Judging from the reports, sounds like Drakes was on fire - WIFAN, is he new ?
Old November 29, 2002, 04:26 PM
Club Cricketer

He is new to the West Indies set up. He has been posting sensational first class figures for his whole career, but opted to play his matches in England and South Africa. Up until recently, the selection rules meant he could not compete for a place. But he came back to the WI and played well enough to gain a place in the ODI team.
Old November 29, 2002, 05:40 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Lawson bowled some poor balls. But he might have got away with it on South African wickets - but as Bangladeshi wickets are as flat as they are, so fast bowlers like Lawson will always be hammered unless he is as experienced as Drake is to capitalize on a good batting wicket that does not usually help fast bowlers at all.
Old November 30, 2002, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I remember Drakes playing against Australia in their tour of '95 when the Aussies won back the Frank Worrell Trophy. Drakes bowled in the one dayers. Then he disappeared somewhere. Actually played county cricket for Hampshire. Anyway, I have always been impressed by him. I am surprised that it took him this long to break into the WI team again.