facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 3, 2002, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Time for Test Cricket

With the Test series starting in 4 days, I think we should think about that right now and not worry about the WC till the Test Series is over. So who is going to be in our first Test team? Very difficult right now with the batsmen performing so poorly in the ODI series. This is what I have:

Ehsanul/Hannan/Golla/Anwar
Rokon
Ashraful
Bashar
Bulbul
Kapali
Mashud
Rafiq
Taposh
Talha
Monju

I think the bowlers pretty much pick themselves. The problem is with the batting. Kapali is a must. Sumon should definitely be picked for the Tests. Bulbul deserves a chance after his Challenge Trophy performance. Ashraful did pretty well in the ODIs and should be in confident mood. Sanwar unfortunately did not do anything in the ODIs. He scores consistently in domestic cricket and tour matches but continues to disappoint in BD colours. The real problem is in choosing the openers. Right now, the choice is between Rokon, Seezan, Hannan, Golla and Anwar. Rokon looks most likely to play and he should. As for his partner, I don't really know.

Old December 3, 2002, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Default CHINGA THE VETERANS

The team for the test should be:

Seezan
Hannan
Anwar/Habibul
Ashraful
Tushar
Alok
Mashud
Durjoy
Rafique/Moni
Tapash/Talha
Monju

We don't need experience for s***, because as far as experience goes, these dodos can't translate that so-called experience into anything tangible. I think we need only have one experienced campaigner in Pilot to lead the team, everybody else should budding talents. Can't think of a good young spinner to replace Rafique or Moni though...damn it!

CHINGA Habibul, Sanwar, Rokon, et al...they can get lost and stay lost for all I care. At this stage we can't worsen our reputation (because it's already hit rock-bottom), so we might as stick with the youngsters who have little or no respect for the opposition. Give them the exposure they need.

And for Pete's sake, can somebody CHINGA Mohsin Kamal's chingada butt, he's seriously p-i-s-s-ing me off.
Old December 3, 2002, 08:42 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Narrowed down

Rokon
Hannan
Ashraful
Bashar
Bulbul
Kapali
Pilot
Anwar (why not?)
Manju
Talha
Tapash

With this team, batting should be ok. Sanwar can replace Anwar but Anwar actually has had practice against the Windies players in the tour and Sanwar has failed for BD time and again. We should just play him for A team and tour matches.

Bulbul and Bashar in the middle. If they click again (like they did against India) it will be amazing.
Old December 3, 2002, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Please, please, please, Tehsin bhai

NO BULBUL
NO ROKON
NO OLDIES...

IN FACT NO DURJOY, RAFIQUE, MONI OR HABIBUL EITHER
Old December 3, 2002, 09:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rokon
Hannan
Ashraful
Habibul
Aminul
Alok
Pilot
Rafiq
Tapash
Monju
Talha

Old December 3, 2002, 10:03 PM
Banned

Rokon
Hannan
Ash
Habibul
Sanwar/Bulbul..enee,minnie,minie,moe....
Alok
Pilot
Naimur
Tapash
Monju
Talha
Old December 3, 2002, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Rokon
Anwar
Sumon
Bulbul
Sanwar
Kapali
Pilot
Ash
Monjur
Taposh
Talha

Sanwar did awesome in Tests so far. So keep him. And please please please let Sanwar bowl. Poor guy only got 3.3 overs to bowl in ODI and took one in that!!!

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by Rajputro]
Old December 3, 2002, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Should be interesting.....why no oldies....THEY\"RE NOT OLD!!!!

Rokon/Golla
Ehsanul/Hannan
Ashraful
Habibul
Bulbul
Sanwar
Alok
Pilot
Taposh
Talha
Monjural

Hmmm need more bowlers
Old December 3, 2002, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Raana bhai, Sanwar's Test average is under 20. Thats hardly 'awesome'. Also, I would play Ash as a batsman, not as a bowler. I feel that Rafiq should still be our first choice spinner.

Shubho, your team lacks a pace bowler. In tests, we really do need a third. Also, Tushar hasn't done well enough to get into the Test side.

Tehsin bhai, I would quite like to play Anwar, but if he plays, we have to fit him into the top 6. Hard to do at this point unless one thinks that he will do better opening than Hannan/Seezan/Golla.
Old December 3, 2002, 10:36 PM
Banned

No, we need to decide this by a voting consensus - by position, with the WK being the only fix at position 7.

Tehsin can keep tally, and the vote will only be considered meaningful if 10 + people submit. If you think this is a plan, we can let the horses loose in a new thread.
Old December 4, 2002, 12:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Here is my team:

Golla
Anwar
Ash
Habibul
Bulbul/Sanwar
Kapali
Pilot
Naimur/Rafique
Talha
Taposh
Manju
Old December 4, 2002, 12:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

My team will definitely score over 400 any day

Anwar
Hannan/Javed
Ashraful
Bashar
Bulbul
Kapali
Khaled
Naimur
Taposh
Monju
Talha

Old December 4, 2002, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Default zakir strikes gold; beware random ALIULS

don't you guys realize that all this logic is worthless because aliul and his merry band will do something completely asinine?

zakir hits gold for his lineup. following analysis includes attempt to enter twisted selector minds:

golla - DIDN'T FAIL (coz he didn't play)
anwar - DIDN'T FAIL

actually both are slow and steady (anwar was excruciating in the 3rd odi, but he did better on debut than i would so i will back off). possibility of rokon replacing anwar: 75%

ash
habibul
bulbul
kapali
pilot

most seem to agree with this lineup. however, look for following ALIULS:
- Habibul dropped in order to retain Rokon, 70% probablity
- Bulbul not included in order to give Sanwar another chance ("we will play bulbul in the second test"), 60% probability

Naimur/Rafique

this is pure gold. chances of naimur getting this slot: 80%

talha
taposh
manju

do we need to justify this? in tests you really need the extra pacer. but consider following ALIUL:

"well, we don't have sanwar anymore and kapali can't bowl, so we are missing two spinners (notice Sanwar 3rd odi match figures of 4-0-16-1, standing by idle while manju was getting smoked) . ash is useless, too. so we need rafique and naumur.

THE REAL BOTTOM LINE:

CHANCES OF TALHA NOT BEING ON TEAM BECAUSE OF NAIMUR/RAFIQUE COMBO: 99.9%!!

so you see, it's futile...
Old December 4, 2002, 01:56 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default My team

I thought that since the world cup is coming up, the players who have more chance to play in the world cup, should get some real practice against Vasbert Drakes. But since all of you are insisting on 'test series is a different matter - lets forget world cup until the test series is over', I am considering the following players:

1) Rokon - even if he scores 4 fifties in 2 tests, he should not be considered for world cup only on this performance
(but if he scores a 100 and 3 fifties - then It will be a completely different proposition).

2) Golla - for his experience - at least 1 test match; if he fails in that test match, then there goes his chance to play world cup this time

3) Sumon - needs to get that 1000 run mark in the 1st innings of the 1st test and definitely need some more fifties - 2 fifties at least

4) Bulbul - if he can perform like the way he did against India or even like his 70 against WI the last time around while being a captain, then he may have a chance to sneak in to the world cup squad ahead of some other batsman

5) Ashraful - he is in good form now, he should score some big runs in the tests

6) Kapali - it is now going to be interesting to see if he can take his form of the last one day innings to the test matches

7) Pilot - well - what can I say? He has the ability to score a test fifty, - even a hundred; whether he can better on his highest score in tests that is the question now.

8) Fahim Muntasir - everybody on this forgot that there are too many left handers in this WI line up? And even though Naimur bowled well during the one day series, I don't think that Naimur's off spin would be that effective in test matches. And to me, Fahim Muntasir is a better off spinner than Naimur - only he is not as experienced as Naimur is.

9) Enamul Haque / Rafique - We need 2 spinners on Bangladeshi wickets.

10) Monjurul Islam - Bowled badly in the 3rd One Dayer, but in test cricket, he has bowled the most number of overs for Bangladesh.

11) Talha Jubair - I guess everybody would want him in the test matches.

In the 2nd test match, if either Bulbul or Ashraful does not perform well, then Sanwar Hossain can come in.

Also, in 2nd test match, if either Monju or Talha does not perform well, Tapash can come in, or vice versa.

Anwar Hossain showed good temperament. I won't be surprised if Anwar Hossain comes in place of Javed Omar.

No chance for Tushar Imran to play in the test matches, since he definitely looks like a one day batsman.

No chance for Naimur Rahman - unless the world cup comes into the mind and selectors want him to get some practice. He is also a one day player.

No chance for Khaled Mahmud - a one day player.

No chance for Akram Khan - too old; but also a one day player (even at this age).

Old December 4, 2002, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default The Ideal Eleven

1) Sham
2) Habibul_Fan
3) Rajputro
4) Fwullah
5) Tehsin
6) Shoikoth (captain)
7) Pundit (Genuine all-rounder)
8) Rafiq
9) Nasif
10) Zakir
11) bd_cricket

Coach: Shubo - will be permitted to perform any field if any of the afore mentioned players gets injured or becomes unavailable due to impediments.

The above team was analyzed -especially 6 key players. The rest did not perform enough to be scrutinized - therefore the exposure.

This team is capable of knocking-down any selection.

"VICTORY IS IN SIGHT"

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by Orpheus]
Old December 4, 2002, 03:03 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default I want to open

Naholey khelbona (or I won't play). Also, I'm gonna talk to Aliul uncle and get him to take me in the team as a medium pacer so I can do what Ehsanul did against West indies.
Also, I have every right to skip on a rope and fall flat on my face right before the first test. Not to worry, Gavin will give me a go ahead if the team needs me to go out there even with a broken neck.
Old December 4, 2002, 09:59 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Tehsin bhai very funny stuff. Hashte hashte chair theke pore jassilam