facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6326  
Old June 10, 2019, 10:46 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 14,021

I read somewhere that he skipped DPL so that he could work on his fitness for the world cup. Why is he out of shape then?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote

  #6327  
Old June 10, 2019, 10:58 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I read somewhere that he skipped DPL so that he could work on his fitness for the world cup. Why is he out of shape then?
ak bela gym r 2 bela biriyani marse
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #6328  
Old June 10, 2019, 11:01 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 14,021

During the past week, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun have been subjected to a lot of abuse and trolling by Bangladeshi fans on social media, something Tamim experienced first-hand during and after the 2015 World Cup.

"I am trying to stay away from social media, and knowing my family, they will never tell me. I hope it doesn't happen again," he said. "I just want to ask those who are writing all these things about us, whether they can take a few minutes to realise what these players have done for the country in the last 10-12 years. We are all fighting for Bangladesh, in whatever capacity we find ourselves in."

Tamim said this. Dont have the source. Sorry
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #6329  
Old June 10, 2019, 11:06 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
During the past week, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun have been subjected to a lot of abuse and trolling by Bangladeshi fans on social media, something Tamim experienced first-hand during and after the 2015 World Cup.

"I am trying to stay away from social media, and knowing my family, they will never tell me. I hope it doesn't happen again," he said. "I just want to ask those who are writing all these things about us, whether they can take a few minutes to realise what these players have done for the country in the last 10-12 years. We are all fighting for Bangladesh, in whatever capacity we find ourselves in."

Tamim said this. Dont have the source. Sorry
Source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...essure-himself
__________________
A friend in need is a friend indeed; a friend with weed is better.
Reply With Quote
  #6330  
Old June 10, 2019, 11:15 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 14,021

Thanks bro
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #6331  
Old June 10, 2019, 11:38 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
During the past week, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun have been subjected to a lot of abuse and trolling by Bangladeshi fans on social media, something Tamim experienced first-hand during and after the 2015 World Cup.

"I am trying to stay away from social media, and knowing my family, they will never tell me. I hope it doesn't happen again," he said. "I just want to ask those who are writing all these things about us, whether they can take a few minutes to realise what these players have done for the country in the last 10-12 years. We are all fighting for Bangladesh, in whatever capacity we find ourselves in."

Tamim said this. Dont have the source. Sorry
Tigers or snowflakes? Cannot take social media pressure and trolling?

Stop this BS of fighting for Bangladesh. Many people are fighting for Bangladesh. Garments workers are fighting for Bangladesh. Migrant workers in Middle East are fighting for Bangladesh. But their pay, unlike our national players, no where near commensurate their fight and sacrifice.

Man up and score a WC century.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #6332  
Old June 11, 2019, 03:22 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ak bela gym r 2 bela biriyani marse
Sounds alot like ma_o_mati fitness regime
Reply With Quote
  #6333  
Old June 11, 2019, 03:24 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Tigers or snowflakes? Cannot take social media pressure and trolling?

Stop this BS of fighting for Bangladesh. Many people are fighting for Bangladesh. Garments workers are fighting for Bangladesh. Migrant workers in Middle East are fighting for Bangladesh. But their pay, unlike our national players, no where near commensurate their fight and sacrifice.

Man up and score a WC century.
I also agree that some of our cricketers are too senti when it comes to social media. Unfortunately trolls will always be there and one thing with any kind of media is that they will always try to come down on people who are on TV.

Our players have to develop a thick skin. Why not see how Trump deals with his critics
Reply With Quote
  #6334  
Old June 11, 2019, 09:56 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Why not see how Trump deals with his critics
Suggesting one wrong to mitigate another, Devil's advocate
__________________
À vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #6335  
Old June 11, 2019, 10:09 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 27,079

Reply With Quote
  #6336  
Old June 20, 2019, 11:22 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Congratulations on your obligatory wc 50. One of the most spectacularly selfish innings I have ever seen. Bravo. Bellissimo. job well done. And you managed to run out Soumya too, the guy who threatens your position. Exquisite. Thats what i call 2 birds, 1 cricket ball.

Mission accomplished. Now sit back, relax and rest easy. You've got 4 more years of coasting to do.
Reply With Quote
  #6337  
Old June 20, 2019, 11:26 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

He has the 3rd best avg among top 5 batsman in last 3 years. Before the WC I showed while the other players had a SR of 95+, tamim was languishing at 77

I said at that time that in this batting world cup we will struggle with an opener with that SR regardless of the avg
Reply With Quote
  #6338  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:08 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,754

Tamim has taken lessons from Javed Omar Belim on how to bat
Reply With Quote
  #6339  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:15 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Congratulations on your obligatory wc 50. One of the most spectacularly selfish innings I have ever seen. Bravo. Bellissimo. job well done. And you managed to run out Soumya too, the guy who threatens your position. Exquisite. Thats what i call 2 birds, 1 cricket ball.

Mission accomplished. Now sit back, relax and rest easy. You've got 4 more years of coasting to do.

But... but.... that what he said before the WC i.e. he expect his young opener (at that time it was undecided who it will be) to take the heat while he take time (and struggle i guess) building his innings. At that time I raised my concern but other fans defended.


Now ... no surprise there.... his taking his time to struggle and survive and save his sorry a$$ while his less experienced partner ( and Sakib as #3) taking the load.


He must be from Nawab Family... he expect others to do his dirty job so that he can beef up his stat... SR ? who cares.... its other player's job. His job is to stay one end as night watchman.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #6340  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:28 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,648

Although I support his slow approach.. today wasnt the day for it. I know he was trying to replicate Warner's scoring trajectory but should have realized chasing and scoring first are two different things
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #6341  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:31 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,718

Starting slow is one thing, but but staying long enough and not taking care of your SR is another thing. That is the difference between tamim's approach and Warner's approach.


If you make a mess (run rate) and stay long enough, you are supposed to take care of your own mess (run rate).
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #6342  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:38 PM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 1,412

As I said before He bats in a match like he is batting in a net session. When you are batting in the nets you see the batsman defend straight bat back to the bowler. It looks like a good defense but doesn't yield any runs. In a real match there are actual fielders and you need to know how to pickup the gaps. I rarely see Tamim being able to run down the ball to the third man like Shakib does. His scoring options are limited and predictable. You can set your field for that.

In places like England you have to wait for the ball to come to you and play it as late as possible. You can use the pace of the ball. You don't have to defend the ball all the time. He is a quality player but just too fixated with the idea of defending straight back to the front.
__________________
郷に入れば郷に従え
Reply With Quote
  #6343  
Old June 20, 2019, 01:44 PM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 1,412

He also takes his front foot stride way too early. So he is playing the ball around his legs most of the time. I don't think this batting strategy is good when you are playing on grounds with steep bounce. Like come on use your back foot a bit more.
__________________
郷に入れば郷に従え
Reply With Quote
  #6344  
Old June 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 25,295

Tamim was catching up with his SR but he had to deal with Starc and edged it to the stumps.
While Warner was going slow with no Scoreboard pressure and against docile bowling.
But ya, he can't rotate strike and lacking confidence, u could see how easily Sakib was scoring

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #6345  
Old June 20, 2019, 02:10 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,718

... bahi every body can score quickly from SS to Sakib to Litton to Rahim to Musadeek to Jodu Modu kodu.... only load Tamim needs time to set up his innings and then the excuse of opponent bowler bowling good..... that the excuse he gets. This is a small field where opponent just scored 380.



may be for Tamim he request ICC to reduce the field further so that he can hit some 6s.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #6346  
Old June 20, 2019, 02:22 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 10,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
As I said before He bats in a match like he is batting in a net session. When you are batting in the nets you see the batsman defend straight bat back to the bowler. It looks like a good defense but doesn't yield any runs. In a real match there are actual fielders and you need to know how to pickup the gaps. I rarely see Tamim being able to run down the ball to the third man like Shakib does. His scoring options are limited and predictable. You can set your field for that.

In places like England you have to wait for the ball to come to you and play it as late as possible. You can use the pace of the ball. You don't have to defend the ball all the time. He is a quality player but just too fixated with the idea of defending straight back to the front.
Great analysis the batsman if his calibre should realize this.
Reply With Quote
  #6347  
Old June 20, 2019, 02:36 PM
CResi CResi is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 28, 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 36

Jheez, no wonder our players have issues with the fans. Being armchair batting experts - there are professionals who are paid to analyse players flaws and strengths.
Tamim Iqbal is the least of our worries. We should be more concerned that we’ve finally become a decent batting unit but 4 of our reliable batsmen are 30+. What likelihood is it that they can keep up this intensity for the next World Cup?
Don’t compare the situation to England, they have a larger talent pool to dive into. We are not a 380 chasing team. The bowling is where the issue lies, not Tamim’s SR.

Think of Liverpool (I hate them with a passion btw). They used to outscore their opposition to victory because of poor defenders. In comes Virgil van dijk and they are UCL winners and proven title challengers. Making Tamim change his game to a high SR will paper over the cracks. Fix the bowling and this batting line up is more than capable of complimenting them.

I get depressed at the thought of Tamim, shakib and Mushfiqur not being in the batting line up.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #6348  
Old June 20, 2019, 02:37 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,886

Tamato decided to run when one wasn't to be and even Soumya sent him back but Tamato persisted and Soumya had to meet him halfway.

Bolod.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket