facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2019, 10:46 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I read somewhere that he skipped DPL so that he could work on his fitness for the world cup. Why is he out of shape then?

Old June 10, 2019, 10:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I read somewhere that he skipped DPL so that he could work on his fitness for the world cup. Why is he out of shape then?
ak bela gym r 2 bela biriyani marse
Old June 10, 2019, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

During the past week, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun have been subjected to a lot of abuse and trolling by Bangladeshi fans on social media, something Tamim experienced first-hand during and after the 2015 World Cup.

"I am trying to stay away from social media, and knowing my family, they will never tell me. I hope it doesn't happen again," he said. "I just want to ask those who are writing all these things about us, whether they can take a few minutes to realise what these players have done for the country in the last 10-12 years. We are all fighting for Bangladesh, in whatever capacity we find ourselves in."

Tamim said this. Dont have the source. Sorry
Old June 10, 2019, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
During the past week, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Mithun have been subjected to a lot of abuse and trolling by Bangladeshi fans on social media, something Tamim experienced first-hand during and after the 2015 World Cup.

"I am trying to stay away from social media, and knowing my family, they will never tell me. I hope it doesn't happen again," he said. "I just want to ask those who are writing all these things about us, whether they can take a few minutes to realise what these players have done for the country in the last 10-12 years. We are all fighting for Bangladesh, in whatever capacity we find ourselves in."

Source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...essure-himself
Old June 10, 2019, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Thanks bro
Old June 10, 2019, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Tigers or snowflakes? Cannot take social media pressure and trolling?

Stop this BS of fighting for Bangladesh. Many people are fighting for Bangladesh. Garments workers are fighting for Bangladesh. Migrant workers in Middle East are fighting for Bangladesh. But their pay, unlike our national players, no where near commensurate their fight and sacrifice.

Man up and score a WC century.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 11, 2019, 03:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ak bela gym r 2 bela biriyani marse
Sounds alot like ma_o_mati fitness regime
Old June 11, 2019, 03:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Tigers or snowflakes? Cannot take social media pressure and trolling?

Stop this BS of fighting for Bangladesh. Many people are fighting for Bangladesh. Garments workers are fighting for Bangladesh. Migrant workers in Middle East are fighting for Bangladesh. But their pay, unlike our national players, no where near commensurate their fight and sacrifice.

Man up and score a WC century.
I also agree that some of our cricketers are too senti when it comes to social media. Unfortunately trolls will always be there and one thing with any kind of media is that they will always try to come down on people who are on TV.

Our players have to develop a thick skin. Why not see how Trump deals with his critics
Old June 11, 2019, 09:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Why not see how Trump deals with his critics
Suggesting one wrong to mitigate another, Devil's advocate
Old June 11, 2019, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old June 20, 2019, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Congratulations on your obligatory wc 50. One of the most spectacularly selfish innings I have ever seen. Bravo. Bellissimo. job well done. And you managed to run out Soumya too, the guy who threatens your position. Exquisite. Thats what i call 2 birds, 1 cricket ball.

Mission accomplished. Now sit back, relax and rest easy. You've got 4 more years of coasting to do.
Old June 20, 2019, 11:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

He has the 3rd best avg among top 5 batsman in last 3 years. Before the WC I showed while the other players had a SR of 95+, tamim was languishing at 77

I said at that time that in this batting world cup we will struggle with an opener with that SR regardless of the avg
Old June 20, 2019, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim has taken lessons from Javed Omar Belim on how to bat
Old June 20, 2019, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Congratulations on your obligatory wc 50. One of the most spectacularly selfish innings I have ever seen. Bravo. Bellissimo. job well done. And you managed to run out Soumya too, the guy who threatens your position. Exquisite. Thats what i call 2 birds, 1 cricket ball.

Mission accomplished. Now sit back, relax and rest easy. You've got 4 more years of coasting to do.

But... but.... that what he said before the WC i.e. he expect his young opener (at that time it was undecided who it will be) to take the heat while he take time (and struggle i guess) building his innings. At that time I raised my concern but other fans defended.

Now ... no surprise there.... his taking his time to struggle and survive and save his sorry a$$ while his less experienced partner ( and Sakib as #3) taking the load.

He must be from Nawab Family... he expect others to do his dirty job so that he can beef up his stat... SR ? who cares.... its other player's job. His job is to stay one end as night watchman.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Although I support his slow approach.. today wasnt the day for it. I know he was trying to replicate Warner's scoring trajectory but should have realized chasing and scoring first are two different things
Old June 20, 2019, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Starting slow is one thing, but but staying long enough and not taking care of your SR is another thing. That is the difference between tamim's approach and Warner's approach.

If you make a mess (run rate) and stay long enough, you are supposed to take care of your own mess (run rate).
Old June 20, 2019, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

As I said before He bats in a match like he is batting in a net session. When you are batting in the nets you see the batsman defend straight bat back to the bowler. It looks like a good defense but doesn't yield any runs. In a real match there are actual fielders and you need to know how to pickup the gaps. I rarely see Tamim being able to run down the ball to the third man like Shakib does. His scoring options are limited and predictable. You can set your field for that.

In places like England you have to wait for the ball to come to you and play it as late as possible. You can use the pace of the ball. You don't have to defend the ball all the time. He is a quality player but just too fixated with the idea of defending straight back to the front.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:44 PM
Test Cricketer

He also takes his front foot stride way too early. So he is playing the ball around his legs most of the time. I don't think this batting strategy is good when you are playing on grounds with steep bounce. Like come on use your back foot a bit more.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Tamim was catching up with his SR but he had to deal with Starc and edged it to the stumps.
While Warner was going slow with no Scoreboard pressure and against docile bowling.
But ya, he can't rotate strike and lacking confidence, u could see how easily Sakib was scoring

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 20, 2019, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

... bahi every body can score quickly from SS to Sakib to Litton to Rahim to Musadeek to Jodu Modu kodu.... only load Tamim needs time to set up his innings and then the excuse of opponent bowler bowling good..... that the excuse he gets. This is a small field where opponent just scored 380.

may be for Tamim he request ICC to reduce the field further so that he can hit some 6s.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
As I said before He bats in a match like he is batting in a net session. When you are batting in the nets you see the batsman defend straight bat back to the bowler. It looks like a good defense but doesn't yield any runs. In a real match there are actual fielders and you need to know how to pickup the gaps. I rarely see Tamim being able to run down the ball to the third man like Shakib does. His scoring options are limited and predictable. You can set your field for that.

In places like England you have to wait for the ball to come to you and play it as late as possible. You can use the pace of the ball. You don't have to defend the ball all the time. He is a quality player but just too fixated with the idea of defending straight back to the front.
Great analysis the batsman if his calibre should realize this.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Jheez, no wonder our players have issues with the fans. Being armchair batting experts - there are professionals who are paid to analyse players flaws and strengths.
Tamim Iqbal is the least of our worries. We should be more concerned that we’ve finally become a decent batting unit but 4 of our reliable batsmen are 30+. What likelihood is it that they can keep up this intensity for the next World Cup?
Don’t compare the situation to England, they have a larger talent pool to dive into. We are not a 380 chasing team. The bowling is where the issue lies, not Tamim’s SR.

Think of Liverpool (I hate them with a passion btw). They used to outscore their opposition to victory because of poor defenders. In comes Virgil van dijk and they are UCL winners and proven title challengers. Making Tamim change his game to a high SR will paper over the cracks. Fix the bowling and this batting line up is more than capable of complimenting them.

I get depressed at the thought of Tamim, shakib and Mushfiqur not being in the batting line up.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 20, 2019, 02:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Al-Amin

Tamato decided to run when one wasn't to be and even Soumya sent him back but Tamato persisted and Soumya had to meet him halfway.

Bolod.