facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 01:38 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Tri Nation involving BD, Kenya and Zim?

Quote:
Bangladesh have expressed their desire to host a triangular one-day series in Dhaka in November involving Kenya and Zimbabwe.
Stripped but far from bare

Old June 30, 2005, 02:21 AM
Test Cricketer

As far as i know Zimbabwe been kicked out from the commonwealth so , they can't play cricket and kenya lost their odi status anyway .
Old June 30, 2005, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I don't like the idea of playing too often with low quality teams. We can't improve if we play regularly with them.
Old June 30, 2005, 02:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I don't like the idea of playing too often with low quality teams. We can't improve if we play regularly with them.
Looks like none of the countries gonna play as they are having serious problem with their management . If they do play that would be good for the BD fans .
Old June 30, 2005, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

That should be 6 more wins for us and help our ranking remember we dont even qualify for the chapions trophy cause we're #11.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:35 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
That should be 6 more wins for us and help our ranking remember we dont even qualify for the chapions trophy cause we're #11.
We may also lose some matches in a Tri-Nation's tournament such as this one - may be both to Kenya and Zimbabwe.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:26 PM
Street Cricketer

why shouldn't we play in a triangular series with kenya and zimbabwe, the young players would gain invaluabe experience for matches against better sides like England and Australia. The batters would gain experience and confidence as they would have the chance to hit big scores and the bowlers would take wickets frequently and gain more confidence!

(bangladesh will be great i saw them beat australia at sophia gardens magical day)
Old June 30, 2005, 10:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

It would be great to have a triseries versus Zimbabwe and Kenya....

I think Bangladesh should play 3 ODI versus zimbabwe in zimbabwe and 3 ODI versus Zimbabwe in Bangladesh this year... when both teams are free...

This would give enough experience and confidence of players of both team.. After all we can know which team is better Zimbabwe or Bangladesh
Old July 1, 2005, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

we need to play kenya. i mean we only won 1 odi match against them. they beat us 6 times already.i hope somewhere down the line we will play them. because i am sure this bangladesh team can beat kenya. i hope soon bangladesh invites west indies. i am sure we will give them a great competition.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

commonwealth has nothing to do with icc.then why is icc trying to bring in us,namibia and uganda to the mix.once a country is a a test playing nation or an associate of icc,its enuff.acc is trying to get oman/qatar o play in asia cup.
Old July 1, 2005, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Who the hell said Kenya's ODI status is taken?
Old July 1, 2005, 11:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
As far as i know Zimbabwe been kicked out from the commonwealth so , they can't play cricket and kenya lost their odi status anyway .
When did Kenya lose ODI status? Zimbabwe hasn't been kicked out of anything cricket related yet. NZ is consulting AUS and ENG about some sort of ban.
Old July 1, 2005, 11:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

klusener,i didnt say it to u.
Old July 2, 2005, 09:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

By standard.. Keneya and Zims are not much different than us. So.. playing agaisnt them.. will give some blood boiling experience as BD will play at the equal level. I understand that playing aginst them will not do much to improve in the technique, but.. isnt it bit hypocratic comment from you buddy?..If you agree with what you have said. then what is wrong with ppl who say playing Bangladesh is damaging cricketing standard. They also put foward the importance that by playing BD, the other team will simply not learn anyting from this. We are not yet world beater but.. we already started to show egoistic mentaltiy about other less developed cricketing teams. This is sad my friend. Playing agaisnt them, doesnt do any damage, BD can actually show the differnece that they gained from playing at the highest level and thus give enough reason for ICC to open up their arm and include few more promising countries to come under highest level.
Old July 2, 2005, 01:17 PM
Test Cricketer

We need to play with Kenya as then only we can noe how far did we improve and also if we play against Ken & Zim we can expect the best out of our players as now they are all more confident & experienced to click well in the field....

We need to win all the matches in order to get so much points that it would help us move ahead of them in ranking....

We need to porve every1 that alteast now we really improved and our effort are aint any fluke by beating the comprehensively in all the matches

and guys we havent yet scored 300+ runs ...so this time Inshallah we will and also we have just 2 centurions and this is a great shame coz team like Kenya have got more centuries than us...forget that....remember the Holland team score 300+ runs vs Namibia and also thier two batsmen scored centuires

we never had in ny match where we scored 300+ run and our 2 batsmen scoring century

now is the best chance to do all those master balsting stuffs....

So..all together there need to be a series invovling keny & BD & Zim...

:tiger:
Old July 2, 2005, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by prasad
klusener,i didnt say it to u.
Prasad..i dint say that to u either...think b4 u say
Old July 3, 2005, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB finally disclosed their plan to Bangladesh media. Excerpt from DS Report-
[quote]In a bid to improve its one-day ranking before next year's ICC Champions Trophy tournament in India, Bangladesh wants to host a triangular series involving Zimba-bwe and Kenya. The three-nation meet is expected to be held sometime from mid-November to January.

The new format for the Cham-pions Trophy, where ICC ranking will be a major factor for teams hoping to get entry into the second most important meet in the world, forced the BCB to arrange the one-day series.

Board officials informed that they had successful meetings with their Zimbabwean and Kenyan counterparts during the ICC meeting.

When asked whether Mirpur Stadium would be used during the series, Asghar was unduly worried by the fact that the new home of Bangladesh cricket would not be fully operational by this year.

"We have other ICC-recognised venues. So, even if the Mirpur Stadium is not ready in time we will arrange matches elsewhere," said Asghar.
Old July 3, 2005, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't like the idea. Our players better play like b*sta*ds the way England played vs Bangladesh. I wanna see ruthless anniahlation. NO MORE EMBARRASMENT! We must win all 7 games get our 15-21 points.

I can already see the Headlines.

Remember CI headline of ZIM vs BD: Light Heavyweight Championship bout.

BTW: thank you watcher for sharing this info with us.

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 10:50 PM GMT, by cricman.

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 11:07 PM GMT, by cricman.
Old July 3, 2005, 07:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Its redicilious!!! how you guys so sure that we are going to win all the 6 matches in that tournament, and you said thay are low quality teams. But you should Know that we played against Kenya several times (I am not exactly sure, may be we played 6 times and only won one time), and you know better than me about the result. we beat Pakistan in 1999, at that time pakistan was really good one day team and in league match (World cup) they beat Australi. But after that what happened you know. This time we beat Australia and we have to wait and see are we able to continue this or not. we should not forget that we lost both test against England with 3 days (better say 2 days) with innings defeat. we have to go long way to prove us. And we have to prove our result against Kenya then we could say who is better side. Now a days England and Australia says they do not wanna play with us because they are too good for us. you are taling like same way. Its not good.
Old July 3, 2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Win or lose, playing against weaker opposition will lower our level of performance. I'd rather that we play against strong opposition such as SA, NZ & AU in preperation for the tournament. Playing good subcontinental ODI teams such as Sri Lanka should also be a plus, regardless of the result. We should try to play more ODIs at home for this tournament since, it will be held in India. Going in after playing Zim & Kenya is not a good idea.
Old July 3, 2005, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

dude before u can prepare for a tournament you have to qualify for it...right now we cant even participate in the qualifier... so we should definately play zim and kenya... and then if we get all the wins we need then we qualify for the tournament.... then we can play the strong opposition that u are talking abt...
Old July 3, 2005, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
dude before u can prepare for a tournament you have to qualify for it...right now we cant even participate in the qualifier... so we should definately play zim and kenya... and then if we get all the wins we need then we qualify for the tournament.... then we can play the strong opposition that u are talking abt...
Champions trophy is for test teams By august Bangladesh will be 9th or 10th in the icc-rankings because it's on a 3 year scale and all of kenya's wins were 4 years ago so there wins wont count any more toward the rakings.
Old July 3, 2005, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The Kenya Cricket Association has accepted the decision to strip the country of its One-Day International status.

-AllAfrica
They don't have it anymore, so the question is - why are they still part of the ranking? Or, is it just that ICC webmaster taking his time?
Old July 3, 2005, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Bottom Line : The ICC rankings are really confusing and suck big time!
Old July 3, 2005, 10:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Great...!!!