facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2005, 09:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer
Default Fire Whatmore

Fire whatmore now! What more can he show us? It looks like BD team is trying to keep scores. They should not be score keepers but score makers. Also players that played irresponsibly should give back the air tickets that was spent to send them to UK. We always say BD won against Zimbawbe. THey are the worst team and non of the star players are playing in that team. Make the BD pitches similar to Lords; then the players won't be able to say this and that. Nachte na janle uthan baka. Shameful display.

Kaiser

Old June 6, 2005, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Slow down buddy. Right from your first post, you are brash firing everyone.

Welcome to the board

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 3:03 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

we should never say something like this, if Bangladesh achieve something big in the near future, it will solely be because of Dav Whatmore.

I THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD END WITH THIS POST.

Thanks
Old June 7, 2005, 12:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Useless thread.
Not bad for your first post, kaisermatin
Old June 7, 2005, 12:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Yes... Fire Whatmore. His mind/soul is no more with our team. He thinks that by coaching Bangladesh, his career is hampering.

We should find someone we really want to coach our team + has the ability to do so.
Old June 7, 2005, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by amra_korbo_joy
Yes... Fire Whatmore. His mind/soul is no more with our team. He thinks that by coaching Bangladesh, his career is hampering.

We should find someone we really want to coach our team + has the ability to do so.

Where can we find masochists on such short notice though?
Old June 7, 2005, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Ashraful Matin.
Old June 7, 2005, 03:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

why don't we just voluntarily take our test status away? how about that?
Old June 7, 2005, 03:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Bring back the u-10 coach Richard Mc to replace what-more(?)
Old June 7, 2005, 03:59 AM
Banned

This is just rubbish! Firing Whatmore doesnt solve anything at all for the moment. If we are going to achieve something we have to do it with Whatmore. We have to remember that he is just a human being not a dam magician.
Old June 7, 2005, 04:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

calm down lads, i dont think there is anything wrong because whatmore. because he came to my uncles restaurent in Durham and i met him, i did ask him that why the player performed very bad, he said i cant do any thing because i dont have any power, the manager is everything, [MODERATED UNTIL THE INFO IS VERIFIED], at the morning what more fixed a timetable which is everyone has to wake up at 8am to go for practice in riverside where the player still sleeping until 9am even the mana, so whatmore walk round the place waiting for them to get up. when they go to practice the batsman sees 2 ball incase of one ball coming to them, so i wont blame whatmore he tried his best with those idiots. he said he will leave if they do same as loards. i think hes totally annoyed. i wont blame him.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Member has posted some very serious allegations which need to be verified. I have removed the nasty allegations for now!

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 12:08 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: moderation
Old June 7, 2005, 04:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by kaisermatin
Fire whatmore now! What more can he show us?
Kaiser
care to suggest us who are we supposed to replace him with???

easy to say fire bashar, fire whatmore....if it was a team like india or australia, your suggestion would have made sense, but in bd, we got the best captain (out of all the players, has to be bashar) and the world's best known coach......

if we cant prove ourself after all this, then doom on this whole team......
Old June 7, 2005, 05:12 AM

Quote:
...i did ask him that why the player performed very bad, he said i cant do any thing because i dont have any power, the manager is everything,[ MODERATED], at the morning what more fixed a timetable which is everyone has to wake up at 8am to go for practice in riverside where the player still sleeping until 9am even the mana, so whatmore walk round the place waiting for them to get up. when they go to practice the batsman sees 2 ball incase of one ball coming to them
Is this for real? or just Whatmore made a joke to you?? or you made up by yourself???

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 12:27 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

That is what I also wonder. How come Whatmore confided so much in you even though you are a stranger to him..
Old June 7, 2005, 05:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

we invited him and hole cricket team to come in our restaurant and have meal because one of my uncles mate he organised everything he brought them them with his car also faruq, nasir and atahar ali khan came, i didnt make it up its real, but the players didnt come

sorrry my mistake i have posted twoice !!!!!!!!

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 10:42 AM GMT, by opu_87.
Old June 7, 2005, 06:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Welcome to the board kisermatin.
And I strongly suggest not to post any comments/threads which solely aim to raise controvercy rather than positive/thoughtfull discussion!

Enjoy your stay.

-Moderator.
Old June 7, 2005, 06:17 AM

Quote:
...i did ask him that why the player performed very bad, he said i cant do any thing because i dont have any power, the manager is everything, [MODERATED], at the morning what more fixed a timetable which is everyone has to wake up at 8am to go for practice in riverside where the player still sleeping until 9am even the mana, so whatmore walk round the place waiting for them to get up. when they go to practice the batsman sees 2 ball incase of one ball coming to them.
Is it after the second test? Are you sure Dav said exactly what you quoted on your post?
I am confused! MA Latif blame Dav and Dav blame MA Latif ( the manager ). Sounds bad to me.

See other thread on MA Latif's comment

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 11:51 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Reason: Added the link

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 12:30 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old June 7, 2005, 06:24 AM
Club Cricketer

No complaints against Dav ..BUT...I wouldn't mind Maccines as our national coach
Old June 7, 2005, 06:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Opu 87,

this IS really aserious issue.. and MUCH more important than any other thread... but just like poorfan, i am also amazed and can't believe what you wrote...
Old June 7, 2005, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
calm down lads, i dont think there is anything wrong because whatmore. because he came to my uncles restaurent in Durham and i met him, i did ask him that why the player performed very bad, he said i cant do any thing because i dont have any power, the manager is everything, [MODERATED], at the morning what more fixed a timetable which is everyone has to wake up at 8am to go for practice in riverside where the player still sleeping until 9am even the mana, so whatmore walk round the place waiting for them to get up. when they go to practice the batsman sees 2 ball incase of one ball coming to them, so i wont blame whatmore he tried his best with those idiots. he said he will leave if they do same as loards. i think hes totally annoyed. i wont blame him

opu87

You know what? You have the right to post anything that you heard. AND it is very difficult to corroborate what you wrote right now. But as it is quite serious, you know what? I am going to do that. I will personally call up the manager to verify what you wrote. So if you have made up all that, now is the time to remove it from the board. Other wise i advise everyone to read it as BASELESS RUMOUR.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 12:31 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old June 7, 2005, 07:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by kaisermatin
Fire whatmore now! What more can he show us? It looks like BD team is trying to keep scores. They should not be score keepers but score makers. Also players that played irresponsibly should give back the air tickets that was spent to send them to UK. We always say BD won against Zimbawbe. THey are the worst team and non of the star players are playing in that team. Make the BD pitches similar to Lords; then the players won't be able to say this and that. Nachte na janle uthan baka. Shameful display.

Kaiser
One bad series; that is against England and you want to fire the best coach we had by far.
Just exactly who do you want to hire as a coach?
Is there anyone better than Dav who is willing to coach this team.
Old June 7, 2005, 07:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

What are you smoking KaiserMatin?
What do you want Whatmore to do?
Whatmore will not go in the middle and play it for you!
The players have to do it.
Old June 7, 2005, 08:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I think we should seriously stop bashing coaches for our own sake. As a cricket nation, we don't yet have too many professionals playing the game. The results show that we have not mastered the idea of professionalism yet. Amidst all of this, Mr. Whatmore stands one island hope who could potentially instill some principles of professionalism. I am sorry to hear Dav setting time for prctive at 8:00 AM (if it is true). If I were him, I would set the time 5:00 AM for everyone.

Back to the point of bashing coach: really, we lost good coaches like Greenidge in the past for simply lacking professionalism. Bangladesh cricket does not lack talent, or potential. Only thing we are missing is the drive to succeed. In other words: professionalism. Please leave Dav. out. On a related note, I can certainly appreciate an authoritarian as McInes for Bangladesh team. I think Dav and McInes can play "Good Cop", "Bad Cop" in tandem.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

"kaisermatin", welcome to BanglaCricket.
Looks like u got your head stuck in emotion-land, COME BACK!!!!!!!!!
Old June 7, 2005, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

KaisarMatin please clarrify your post a little bit more for us. Why do u think whatmore should be fired? Do u have reasons like this:

1. He dont have the real passion to coach Bangladesh anymore?
2. Do u think McInnes would be better than whatmore?
If u think so why do u think so?
3. Is coaching Bangladesh ruinning whatmore's carrier?
4. Is he not successful enough?
5. Is he driving just for money like writing sports column in the various printed and electronic media?

You might have other good reasons to fire him. I dont know. Please clariffy your post when you post something that important