facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2013, 08:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Why so much love for enam jr?

I dont get it, if you count out the 3 matches he played vs zim(2 of them were in 2005 where zim team was its weakest and he didn't do anything special in the 2013 test) and the one match vs the 3rd string WI team his bowling avg is 70+ and SR is 130+, his eco is 3.23 which for a spinner in test isn't anything special.

and among the 11 tests he played which i am talking about he played 5 of them against Aus,Eng and NZ who are suppose to be weak against spin, 4 of those matches were in BD, and again his performance is nothing to talk about. yet people want him?, why?

his domestic record is good?, razzak is a bigger domestic bully then enam. IMHO enam is not a International player period. Razzak sucks more but enam is not the answer, sunny is much much better then enam

Old October 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

In tests imo.

Enam>Sunny> Lala

In odis imo.

Lala>Sunny>Shuvo
Old October 13, 2013, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Enam has the heart. He is a wicket taking bowler. That is why may leak runs. As for the time you speak of 2005+ we didn't know anything but innings defeats. Totally different scenario than current situation.

As for Raz, he is a run stopper, coming from ODIs to the longer version. I wouldn't mind Raz or Enam or Sunny or Shuvo, if Mushi brings in more fielders to make the half chance a full chance. There lies the problem.

Shohag's hattrick didn't happen out of the blue. Becuase the batsmen were crowded Shakib was close enough to make it count. NOT ONCE in the first innings we had that many around the 11th batsmen in the first innings why? To let him score 50+ and get Watling is 100?
Old October 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^^his SR is 130+, even with the 3rd string zim and wi team his SR is 80+..thats not a wicket taking bowler
Old October 13, 2013, 09:32 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

A lot of times, stats in a small number tests don't tell the story. If you watch him bowl against quality batsmen, you'll see why some people are such big fans. I agree that AR should be ahead of him in ODI, but if he is given a few tests, Enam Jr might make a difference.
Old October 13, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^In addition he is one of the few bowlers who who has had the opportunity to recently play in the English league and performed rather well
Old October 13, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Like I said recently, our SLAs are all pretty similar. They all bowl like its an ODI. They try to stop runs rather than take wickets. Razzak admitted one time that off spinners are the more attacking options.

Razzak, Enamul, and Sunny are all good but with Sohag easily being our lead spinner and also having Shakib being a SLA, we don't really need another SLA. I've been advocating to try Noor, the leg spinner out. It brings more variation to our attack and makes it much more attacking. Leg spin is very tough and most of the leg spinners struggle to make it but why not try? And lets not only look at domestic stats. Gazi wasn't topping the charts but he look at him now compared to the other domestic bully SLAs. So I think it's worth a try
Old October 13, 2013, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Saqlain Shajib should be tried in Tests.
Old October 13, 2013, 12:43 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Because he turns the ball. Probably more than anyone in the current team. In our current team Mominul is like Shane Warne
Old October 13, 2013, 01:25 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Because he turns the ball. Probably more than anyone in the current team. In our current team Mominul is like Shane Warne
whats the point of turning the ball if you get wicket after every 130 balls?, by this logic rubel is an auto choice because he bowls faster the most BD fast bowler
Old October 13, 2013, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

To me enam is never a better bowler than Sunny. Infront of quality batsman Enam become very ordinary. I can not put Enam ahead of sunny in any level. Even in FC level sunny has better strike rate Enam.
Old October 13, 2013, 01:42 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
whats the point of turning the ball if you get wicket after every 130 balls?, by this logic rubel is an auto choice because he bowls faster the most BD fast bowler
I cannot make a strong case about Enamul based on international stats. Only thing I say is that he has always been among the wickets in the Domestic League. Perhaps he is another Rubel but he hardly got a consistent run to prove his worth. Rubel got plenty of chances as well as top level coaching
Old October 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

I was checking the career of Enam. Against G8 excluding the 3rd string WI.Enams career look really poor. Specially his away performance is so poor. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Rather Sunny looking better. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Even Razzak has a better strike rate than Enam against G8. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling
Old October 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I cannot make a strong case about Enamul based on international stats. Only thing I say is that he has always been among the wickets in the Domestic League. Perhaps he is another Rubel but he hardly got a consistent run to prove his worth. Rubel got plenty of chances as well as top level coaching
If you consider domestic performance the look at the FC averages. Sunny has the best FC average and Enam has the worst and Razzak in the middle.
Old October 13, 2013, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

BTW for which team did sajib play for in the BPL?