facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2010, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I'm sure you liked it too. If not, what is wrong with you dude?

I just hope his wife wasnt watching..

IMO on the issue I think he is doing an ok job, lets not forget English is not his first language and will not have an expanded vocabulary like the other guys let alone cricketing terminology..he is not doing any harm so just cut the slack guys..

Old February 19, 2010, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Nope he said ''good to see those too/two''

haha ok mate, dont see what the difference is
Old February 19, 2010, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I go agree with Snakes points about the mistakes Shamim made during the series.

Specially Imrul's wicket, when he called that a "school boy error", its quite condescending of him considering he's never played an international cricket match.

I also don't like his constant criticisms of our players. I'm not saying he must praise them every opportunities, but come on man, chill out a little.

But, I think Shamim is better than Athar and I was entertained by him. Not always enlightened but entertained. Both Athar and Shamim are embarrassing during some point of their commentaries but I find Shamim and little less embarrassing and a little more entertaining that Shamim.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
what the h*ll is this? First Bash ashraful, then bash ICL players and now we are beind Shamim C. a** as well ... do you guys even like anything we have in our small country? We are like some drama queen's, everything has an issue or we make it into some sorte of an issue ...

to the person who even opened this thread --> do you want to take his job and do you have a better accent and better knowledge about cricket then Mr. Shamim? Why don't you send your cv to BCB and let's see how much of a chance you have on getting hired
0_o'
if i become commentator, i may start fight in the box (assuming they will bash my country and players). so of course, it is recommended that BCB does not accept my CV or else something bad may happen.

some people have asked me why do i hate shamim chowdhury (since i am the thread starter). here are the reasons:

1. lack of knowledge: this guy was never a cricket player i believe, so of course he has lack of knowledge in the field. for example, during the zimbabwe tour he was asked by a zimbabwe commentator about a cricket related question. this guy failed to answer that simple question, that incident was enough for me to understand this guy does not understand cricket.

2. oiling other players: he does it more than athar ali khan. athar ali khan is an honest man, shamim is a bojjat faggot.

3. horny: he gets horny when he sees ladies in the stadium (as some other members have mentioned).

we need an aggressive commentator who has played cricket in the past and who understands bangladesh cricket very well. we do not need a douchebag like shamim chowdhury, i believe there are better people for the job.

people that like shamim chowdhury are examples of EPIC LOSERS.

Last edited by wasi90lkv1; February 19, 2010 at 08:10 PM..
Old February 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I remember one time in bd he was asked what he knows about mahmudullah. and he said i don't know about him. and the fellow commentator who was a foreign said shamim you should know your county's player.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 19, 2010, 09:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
is it possible to make a petition and submit it to the proper authority?

Sorry mate, I just simply love him as a commentator and I havn't found anything wrong with to blame. He might/ might not have a strong cricket background but he has enough passion about the game which can been seen in his character.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

i see some common problems with our commentators. its not mainly their fault but our current cricketing condition.
see our commentators sounds so poor during a match. its because BD cricketers are strugglin at that time so our own commentators get into very embarrassing moment. right in front of foreign commentators its then hard to do the duty. only some guys like harsha can cope with it. as ours are not professional enough therefore they suffer.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 19, 2010, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

and telling somethin weird like some guys mentioned here are a part of commentating. see there are many examples of such things. once hashim amla was called terrorist by the aussi commentator. he was suspended from tensports channel.
Yes advice to all: mute the sound during BD commentator's....thats it. online petition to drop him makes no sense at all

Old February 19, 2010, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
and telling somethin weird like some guys mentioned here are a part of commentating. see there are many examples of such things. once hashim amla was called terrorist by the aussi commentator. he was suspended from tensports channel.
Yes advice to all: mute the sound during BD commentator's....thats it. online petition to drop him makes no sense at all

not just a commentator, dean jones is a well known test player. I guess it's par for the course for aussie players to call others by offensive terms.

why do people have such a problem with shamim ? I found him quite ok during the recent series in BD. much better than athar who does nothing other than repeat the observations by the other commie in cliched sentences. his hi-speed breathless utterances sound like he is trying to dictate his last will while someone is drowning him.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

LOL. Everyone wanna join this petition instead? Since everyone is talking about how much they dislike Shameem bhai as commentator this should be a hit thread...