facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 11, 2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Yes we know you are 70% of Viewers, 85% of Revenues, World Cup winners presently, the No 1 Test Team, and we are really crappy team right now (We do not deserve Test Status), but that doesn't give you any right to be arrogant.
Remember you were also at a similar stage in 79 WC (Lost all matches), SL was also in such state (And both teams were in hunt for their second World Cup) hence in few years time with some better governance we can be there. You should take all this with humility and not arrogance
Where is the arrogance? I was merely responding to another post where it was stated that no body cares about India winning the world cup - all I said in repartee to that particular post that Indians care about winning the cup and since we are a huge population - it means that a lot of people do care.

So what arrogance are you referring too?? Also - am I right in assuming that as an Indian I don't have the right to back India when the "who cares" statement is made?

On the issue of the Test status - I have other posts - read them. I fully favour BD as a Test nation - but you guys need to refocus more on actual results and not so much on Sakib is the best allrounder and best that and a sudden single victory. I had explained in detail to one Ayan - on how BD should draw a line and make a 7-8 year plan on reaching a certain level of competence. Australia did this against WI, India did this against the Aussies, SA did this kind of planning. So should you.

On the 75/79 World Cups.....do remember we had really good batters and bowlers. However telling them to play in a 60 (then it used to be so) overs contest was akin to asking a Ballet dancer to do the Tap dance. The game was not even understood in the mind - the best opening bat in those days - Gavaskar played 60 overs for 36 - what does that tell you? That he couldn't play? Or that he did not understand how this format is played? He had all the shots, he scored 771 runs against the Windies, in the Windies against bowlers like Garner/Holding/Roberts in his first series. The game today is not even close to the games played upto 1987.......Australia changed all that.

Old April 11, 2011, 07:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

Monstrous innings by Watson, It seems the Aussies getting the revenge from the wrong team. Lol
Old April 11, 2011, 07:10 AM
Banned

Must have been a nightmare for a fan lol .
Old April 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Next match watson will score 300 hahaha. shi**y bowling.
Old April 11, 2011, 07:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
For that maximum six record celebration, Rokibul should be slapped maximum times for dropping that easy catch
Old April 11, 2011, 07:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
shakib kiss ur #1 ranking goodbye
dhus kobe theke ekta ranking ke jokher dhon er moto dhore bose aache apnara...
Old April 11, 2011, 08:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Where is the arrogance? I was merely responding to another post where it was stated that no body cares about India winning the world cup - all I said in repartee to that particular post that Indians care about winning the cup and since we are a huge population - it means that a lot of people do care.

So what arrogance are you referring too?? Also - am I right in assuming that as an Indian I don't have the right to back India when the "who cares" statement is made?

On the issue of the Test status - I have other posts - read them. I fully favour BD as a Test nation - but you guys need to refocus more on actual results and not so much on Sakib is the best allrounder and best that and a sudden single victory. I had explained in detail to one Ayan - on how BD should draw a line and make a 7-8 year plan on reaching a certain level of competence. Australia did this against WI, India did this against the Aussies, SA did this kind of planning. So should you.

On the 75/79 World Cups.....do remember we had really good batters and bowlers. However telling them to play in a 60 (then it used to be so) overs contest was akin to asking a Ballet dancer to do the Tap dance. The game was not even understood in the mind - the best opening bat in those days - Gavaskar played 60 overs for 36 - what does that tell you? That he couldn't play? Or that he did not understand how this format is played? He had all the shots, he scored 771 runs against the Windies, in the Windies against bowlers like Garner/Holding/Roberts in his first series. The game today is not even close to the games played upto 1987.......Australia changed all that.
Well there are always some extremist people in every country who will come with all such crap and who would always be jealous of India. You have similar people in India too but that does not mean they represent everyone. You should ignore them. Remember these are the people who also do not take any criticism. They have been limited by their mindset and their knowledge is based on what people around them talk. They are like frog in a well

Like India was in 79, learning, similarly people in BD are also learning on how to build innings, rotate strike and other such things. Well I still believe playing all nonsense tests will never help. Already the P-6 just simply avoid tests against us. Even WI and NZ also do not want to play tests. Hence rather we should become experts in ODI and then move to Tests.
Old April 11, 2011, 08:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

It's good that I have not been following these games more than 20 overs of first innings. The mentality of all our players just changed lately. They look so negative in their approach, and the bowlers showed that we have the worst bowling attack which was a little difficult to accept.
Old April 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

khun kore fello! i was surprised that we reached 229, but erokom khunakhuni kore batting korle amader team keno, onek gula team e kissu korte parbe na..
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 11, 2011, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Bhaggish amra 15 run kom korsilam...naile to Tendulkar er record would have been in jeopordy

BD cricket is going back to the dark ages! How can anyone save it?
Old April 11, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Bhaggish amra 15 run kom korsilam...naile to Tendulkar er record would have been in jeopordy

BD cricket is going back to the dark ages! How can anyone save it?
Jamie can. He needs 3 more years to show that long term improvement.
Old April 11, 2011, 12:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
The game was not even understood in the mind - the best opening bat in those days - Gavaskar played 60 overs for 36 - what does that tell you? That he couldn't play? Or that he did not understand how this format is played? He had all the shots, he scored 771 runs against the Windies, in the Windies against bowlers like Garner/Holding/Roberts in his first series. The game today is not even close to the games played upto
1987.......Australia changed all that.
It was more like Gavaskar didn't care. And he didn't learn the new format of cricket. He was a typical opener who saw off the new ball and made runs after that. Even in the 80s there were some innings from Gavaskar which could be questioned. The game Miandad hit last ball sixer, Gavaskar played nearly 50 overs(like some 134 balls) for 92. Extra 15 runs from him would have made world of difference that day.
There was another game in Australia where he remained not out at 92 when chasing 290+. India finished at 190 that game. Also, it is factually incorrect to claim Gavaskar made 771 runs against WI when the bowlers were Garner Holding Roberts in his first series. His first series was terrific. But, WI bowlers post Wes Hall and Pre Roberts era was very weak. That was the attack he destroyed in 1971. Surely a terrific achievement from debutant. He did make a lot of runs against Marshall, Holding and Roberts later on in his career when he played against them later on.
Old April 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

and many more to come.....
Old April 11, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Thanks god I dont have to watch the match. Hail busy days!
Old April 11, 2011, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

record hoy nai, etai besi.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 13, 2011, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
It was more like Gavaskar didn't care. And he didn't learn the new format of cricket. He was a typical opener who saw off the new ball and made runs after that. Even in the 80s there were some innings from Gavaskar which could be questioned. The game Miandad hit last ball sixer, Gavaskar played nearly 50 overs(like some 134 balls) for 92. Extra 15 runs from him would have made world of difference that day.
There was another game in Australia where he remained not out at 92 when chasing 290+. India finished at 190 that game. Also, it is factually incorrect to claim Gavaskar made 771 runs against WI when the bowlers were Garner Holding Roberts in his first series. His first series was terrific. But, WI bowlers post Wes Hall and Pre Roberts era was very weak. That was the attack he destroyed in 1971. Surely a terrific achievement from debutant. He did make a lot of runs against Marshall, Holding and Roberts later on in his career when he played against them later on.
You are right about 71 series - but still wouldn't exactly call a bowling attack which had Holder, Davis and Sobers in it "weak".....