facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 26, 2013, 04:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
BDFlag 10 years with Banglacricket.Com!!!

Just figured out that today is the 10th anniversary of my BC membership.

At this moment I am going through a mixed bag of feelings – some personal and some cricket related.

When I started my journey here in BC on 26th January 2003, Bangladesh was genuine minnow in the world cricket. But Ashraful and Mashrafee’s arrival gave us hope in those difficult days. Since then we have come a long way. Bangladesh is now a decent team, at least in our home ground. Our quest for making competitive team has come to a reality, especially in ODI. The future looks bright with the emergence of new generation of players like Anamul, Mominul, and Shohag Gazi etc. However, we are still suffering in the test arena. I sincerely hope that we will become a formidable side in every aspect of the game in next 10 years.

In personal life, I have grown older and became a mid-age man now. Back then I was in my early 20s and full with gusty emotions. In last 10 years a lot of thing has happened in my life - I finished my graduation, got married, have a family now, worked few years, and went back to pursue PhD which is about to finish (hopefully by the end of this year). Over the years I have learned a few tricks of how to handle the pressure of life better.

I still remember those early days when as a young Bangladeshi cricket fan I had to tolerate immense pain after those heavy loses. Banglacricket.Com and its enthusiastic fans were always there for me to vent out the frustration and dream about the better future. Now this did not happen easily – a lot of fans and moderators have worked hard to make this portal a lively one. I would like to thank Banglacricket.Com, moderators, and BC members personally to be with me in this journey.

Thank you BC, thank you tiger fans. Wish a very happy and prosperous future. Let’s stay together here in BC for another 100 years and roar together - দৌড়া, বাঘ আইলো! হালুম!

Old January 26, 2013, 04:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Happy 10th BC anniversary Kana-Baba. Our fast bowling has not improved a bit in last 10 years, Thats where we need some urgent attention.
Old January 26, 2013, 05:10 PM
Test Cricketer

congrats..was a happy read
Old January 26, 2013, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

In my 10 years anniversary with BC, i want to see Bangladesh in the Top 5 in both ODI, T20 format.

Anyway, congrats for being with BC for 10 years.
Old January 26, 2013, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Happy 10th Anniversary with BC
Insha Allah, by the time my 10th Anniversary with BC arrives, will be one of the super-powers in any form of cricket...ameen
Old January 26, 2013, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

[quote=Kana-Baba;1647220]Just figured out that today is the 10th anniversary of my BC membership.

At this moment I am going through a mixed bag of feelings – some personal and some cricket related.

quote]

Congratulation on your completion of 10 years with Banglacricket.com.
It might be close to 10 years that I have been visiting this forum. I want to thank the people maintains the web site and run the forum. I however want to share a few of my personal observations.
(1) There are a few forum members who lo compose articles with "bombastic" words that are indicative of more of their mastery in English than in cricket. They could have written those articles in a simple way for the memebrs with lower IQ like us.
(2) Banglacricket.com appears to have a core membership of buddies who know each other by real nick and they love to converse among themselves without involving others. I hope I am not risking a kick...;-)
(3) Recently, I have not seen good discussion threads that we used to see before.
(4) After all my whining Banglacricket.com is perhaps the best cricket forum.
Old January 26, 2013, 11:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Congrats KB!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 27, 2013, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

@Haradhon I am guilty as charged. But this the very reason why you should give feeds on those threads themselves, even if it be causti-- oops negative ones.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 27, 2013, 12:11 AM

KB bhai, thanks for making our lives at BC more interesting!

A warm congrats on your 10th anniversary!!
Old January 27, 2013, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

even after being here for 10 years you havent learned that this thread belongs in forget cricket. i personally think you wasted too much time of your life here that could have been better spent, like with a mistress.....
Old January 27, 2013, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
even after being here for 10 years you havent learned that this thread belongs in forget cricket. i personally think you wasted too much time of your life here that could have been better spent, like with a mistress.....
Ohh iDumb you crack me up all the time
Old January 27, 2013, 06:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

on my tenth anniversary(if i survive that long that is) Bangladesh would become world T20 champion..yes you read it here
Old January 27, 2013, 06:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

wow, 10 years of BCship, congrats to andha-baba
10 years agey tho ami internet I chalathey jantham na ar BC tho durer kotha , tokhon jhantam email account khultey poisha lagey
tharpor private mode on koira internet browsing shikhshi dui bochor hoilo
Old January 27, 2013, 06:53 AM
Test Cricketer

~8 years for me. Woah!

I was introduced to BC through irc when cricinfo used to only do live game broadcast on their irc channel. I think they had 2 channels, one for live game comms and the other for general cricket discussion. I remember doing one game live com on #cricinfo channel, not sure which one.

This is not even my first BC account, I had another one with an email address I didn't have access to anymore, so got a new one after I lost my password.

I remember back then there was some kind of power-trip within BC on who owns/run BC and there were two groups, one of them wanted me to work on running BC forum (probably Z, but don't remember well). I was too busy with school/work to get involved with online politics, so I passed.

Anyways, for what its worth, iDumb (obviously with a different handle) was a exactly the same back then. Nothing really changed AFA he is concerned.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah

Anyways, for what its worth, iDumb (obviously with a different handle) was a exactly the same back then. Nothing really changed AFA he is concerned.
this is the most saddest thing i ever heard.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Where in the world did Blah get about BC powertrips? Man, I must be getting old as I can't recall any of it. I don't own BC - just a volunteer like everyone else. I am on the phone app so I can't tell if I'm 10 years old too. Probably not. I'm just a bit more ornery.
Old January 27, 2013, 08:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Where in the world did Blah get about BC powertrips? Man, I must be getting old as I can't recall any of it. I don't own BC - just a volunteer like everyone else. I am on the phone app so I can't tell if I'm 10 years old too. Probably not. I'm just a bit more ornery.
It was a long time ago, so don't remember the exact details. But one of the original admin/owner/mod went on to make another bd forum/community or something like that. Not that its important now, but its relevant since we are reminiscing.
Old January 27, 2013, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It was a long time ago, so don't remember the exact details. But one of the original admin/owner/mod went on to make another bd forum/community or something like that. Not that its important now, but its relevant since we are reminiscing.
Now I am on the web view. I see I have another year to go before I can be a 10 year veteran.

What have I learned being on BC for so long? Nothing I didn't know really other than some player's nick names. But I did meet some people who crossed over from being virtual acquaintances to real friends. That's a win. Blah was too much of a wuss to show himself to me. He had that opportunity.
Old January 27, 2013, 08:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Now I am on the web view. I see I have another year to go before I can be a 10 year veteran.

What have I learned being on BC for so long? Nothing I didn't know really other than some player's nick names. But I did meet some people who crossed over from being virtual acquaintances to real friends. That's a win. Blah was too much of a wuss to show himself to me. He had that opportunity.
I like my privacy. As a matter of fact I literally wrote a book on online privacy/anonymity. But if you try hard enough you can always find something about someone.
Old January 27, 2013, 08:33 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I think you are referring to Nascar. He was in our mod team. He started his own forum ******.com once he left the forum.

Old January 27, 2013, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
I think you are referring to Nascar. He was in our mod team. He started his own forum ******.com once he left the forum.
That name sounds familiar. Probably him, confused him with Z (sorry).
Old January 27, 2013, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I like my privacy. As a matter of fact I literally wrote a book on online privacy/anonymity. But if you try hard enough you can always find something about someone.
I'm more an open book. I am what I am. Take it or leave it.

Not quite to the extent of Bangladeshi American Hasan Elahi (The visible man) but close enough.
Old January 27, 2013, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Whatt have I learned being on BC for so long? Nothing I didn't know really . .
What a narcissistic tard even after all these years.

Blah is a shy little girl. Blah you should meet me if i come to bd; we can comapare our bank balance. :p
Old January 27, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

BTW blah is a rich little girl .... He is a website flipper and shrewed kid.. He is my idol and I like crushing my idols.
Old January 27, 2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
What a narcissistic tard even after all these years.

Blah is a shy little girl. Blah you should meet me if i come to bd; we can comapare our bank balance. :p
You should spell that tUrd.