facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 14, 2004, 11:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Shourov has been suspended for next two test matches.

Indian skipper Shourov has been suspended for next two test matches. Match referee Cliyve Lloyd’s recommendation has been approved by the ICC. Due to slower over rate yesterday’s IND-PAK ODI was ended after around one hour, though the match was finished at 49th over. Shourov was accused for the same against Aus.

Series losing to Aus, recent poor performances, consecutive losing 4 matches to Pak, Shourov was under microscope, now another blow, his captaincy is in under threatening. Yesterday match was disrupted due to wetted ball, (ball was changed 4 times), injury of Salman, but mainly was lavishly operating three pacers as highlighted by Cliyve.

Youhona and Pathan were also fined for 75% and 50% match fees respectively for their wrongdoing in the field. They were touched each other not in friendly manner!

TV news.
Old November 14, 2004, 11:35 AM
Retired BC Admin

Cricinfo: Ganguly suspended for two Tests >>

BBC: Ganguly banned for SA Test series >>
Old November 14, 2004, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Ganguly was harshly treated. Seems like sometimes rules lead to injustice, or how on earth slow over rates in ODIs also lead to suspension in Tests?
Old November 14, 2004, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Ganguly wasnt harshly treated this is the Umteenth time he has done it and still continues to do it. He does not learn and hopefully missing a whole series against South Africa will teach him a lesson.
Old November 14, 2004, 07:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Youhona and Pathan were also fined for 75% and 50% match fees respectively for their wrongdoing in the field. They were touched each other not in friendly manner!
Whats with these Indian muslim cricketers. NOw Pathan. I have seen throwing harsh words towards Hussain of England by the Zaheer Khan, i think some time after the wc 2003 or in wc 2003. Do these muslims try to make happy the other non-muslim players? Who knows!
Old November 14, 2004, 09:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Tigerfan! Its unfair to see everything the lens of religion, besides the fact that casting aspersions about people's intentions you scarcely know aint all that "muslim". To each his own!

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Quote:
Whats with these Indian muslim cricketers. NOw Pathan. I have seen throwing harsh words towards Hussain of England by the Zaheer Khan, i think some time after the wc 2003 or in wc 2003. Do these muslims try to make happy the other non-muslim players? Who knows!
Edited on, November 15, 2004, 2:24 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old November 15, 2004, 02:51 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
Tigerfan! Its unfair to see everything the lens of religion, besides the fact that casting aspersions about people's intentions you scarcely know aint all that "muslim". To each his own!

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Quote:
Edited on, November 15, 2004, 2:24 AM GMT, by pompous.
You are right. Keep religions out of it. As far as irfan pathan is concerned, i don't know what his deal is. HOWEVER, zaheer khan definitely panders to the hindu crowd. He said bal thackerey is a great personality. Hell even 90% of the hindus would disagree. If that's not pandering then I don't know what is. But irfan did act like a baby. He ran into yoyo twice intentionally. Obviously yoyo is gonna retaliate at some point. What's worse is he went over to umpires to complain like a baby. Dude, play with fire and your gonna get burned. If you can't handle sledging then don't start ****.
Old November 15, 2004, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Its nothing to do with Religion. Irfan Pathan has a bit of arrogance. he did the same with Matthew Hayden in Australia. but not to this large extent but he still had a bit of fire between them.
Old November 15, 2004, 03:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Its nothing to do with Religion. Irfan Pathan has a bit of arrogance. he did the same with Matthew Hayden in Australia. but not to this large extent but he still had a bit of fire between them.
arrogance is good. But back it up. Don't go crying to the umpire if you get hit back.
Old November 15, 2004, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Irfan is a baby. He is only 19 or 20 at most. So did Irfan hit Youhanna and then youhanna hit Irfan a time later or what.
Old November 15, 2004, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Irfan is a baby. He is only 19 or 20 at most. So did Irfan hit Youhanna and then youhanna hit Irfan a time later or what.
As per video footage Irfan dashed with Youhona harshly and Youhona used his bat to touching Irfan’s leg…
Old November 15, 2004, 02:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

International cricket is for grown ups, not silly little high school kids fighting over a girl!
Ganguly was dealt harshly- true- but this is his second offense in a year, and he doesn't own ICC, nor does he own cricket! I don't care if he's bangali or not- i don't think he deserves to be the captain of the Indian team. A captain needs to be modest and confident, not arrogant!
Irfan-Youhana: it one of those spur of the moment, i actually do encourage a little animosity between opposition players, coz that seperates men from the boys! In the end keeping the right temperament is the key.........you can win the battle, but winning the War is the main thing!
As said earlier, Ind is a nothing team without their strong batters, Tendulkar, Dravid, and Yuvraj recently!
Old November 15, 2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

The ban has been suspended by ICC, following BCCB appeal. Saurov is on for the SA Test series for now.

Link

Edited on, November 15, 2004, 8:44 PM GMT, by billah.
Old November 15, 2004, 10:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
The ban has been suspended by ICC, following BCCB appeal. Saurov is on for the SA Test series for now.

Link

Edited on, November 15, 2004, 8:44 PM GMT, by billah.
Seems Shourov will play against SA.

And it will be very crucial phase of Shourov.

He missed two test matches against Aus for injury; performance graph has been surrendered to the power of gravity. Any marginal of error will create a big impact to his carrier.
Old November 15, 2004, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
But irfan did act like a baby. He ran into yoyo twice intentionally. Obviously yoyo is gonna retaliate at some point. What's worse is he went over to umpires to complain like a baby. Dude, play with fire and your gonna get burned. If you can't handle sledging then don't start shoot.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Quote:
I don't care if he's bangali or not- i don't think he deserves to be the captain of the Indian team. A captain needs to be modest and confident, not arrogant!
exactly.
Old November 16, 2004, 01:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

When India won 4th test against Australia at Mumbai, I was wondering how Ganguly will be accomodated in the Indian team in the next tests against South Africa. Clive Lloyd came to my rescue by banning him for two tests. Now unfortunately, Ganguly will play, may be at the cost of Gautam Gambhir or who knows even Murali Kartik.

I Have noticed that Ganguly supports youngsters who have the faces to model on TV( Yuvraj, Parthiv Patel) but gives a raw deal to youngsters with non-telegenic faces( Akash Chopra, Murali Kartik,Ramesh Pawar etc). I will not be surprised if he replaces one of the non-telegenic youngsters even if they deserve to be in the Indian team.
Old November 16, 2004, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

I always thought that Ganguly was kind of arrogant even though he is a good captain. Its ok as long as you can back it up with your performance or your team's performance.

When the team stops winning, everything magnifies.
Old November 16, 2004, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan

I Have noticed that Ganguly supports youngsters who have the faces to model on TV( Yuvraj, Parthiv Patel) but gives a raw deal to youngsters with non-telegenic faces( Akash Chopra, Murali Kartik,Ramesh Pawar etc). I will not be surprised if he replaces one of the non-telegenic youngsters even if they deserve to be in the Indian team.
Interesting observation!!
Old November 24, 2004, 12:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

For his appeal against the ICC ban, Ganguly has enlisted the help of eminent lawyer Siddhartha Shankar Roy,who is better known as an ex Chief Minister of West Bengal and India's ex ambassador to USA.

Ganguly gets high profile assistance for appeal
Old November 24, 2004, 11:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan
For his appeal against the ICC ban, Ganguly has enlisted the help of eminent lawyer Siddhartha Shankar Roy,who is better known as an ex Chief Minister of West Bengal and India's ex ambassador to USA.

Ganguly gets high profile assistance for appeal
Shiddhartha Shankar Roy, one of the veteran congressmen. It will be a tough job for him, I think.

As per Shourov’s claim delay was due to dew. But match referee Clive was although in the field throughout the match and definitely he took support of video footage before making his mind and ICC did not disagree. Now what would be the valid and solid point?
Old November 25, 2004, 11:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Hearing of appeal has been completed through a teleconference. Shourov is expecting a positive result. Verdict will be given on Friday next.

News
Old November 26, 2004, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default ICC lifts two-match ban on Ganguly

The ICC has lifted the two-match ban on Sourav Ganguly, allowing him to lead the Indian team for the second Test against South Africa at Kolkata on November 28. Ganguly had earlier been penalised for India's slow over-rate in the Platinum Jubilee one-day match against Pakistan on November 13, but he had appealed against the verdict to the ICC. The decision to lift the ban follows a teleconference on Thursday [November 25] in which Tim Castle, the ICC Appeals Commissioner, and Clive Lloyd, the match referee for that game, participated.

In his judgement, Castle explained: "On any analysis, the delay of nearly an hour to the finish of a 50 over ODI game beyond its scheduled finish time, is out of an acceptable range. I am of the opinion that the circumstances were particularly unusual in this game and a large number of them conspired to cause the delays which occurred." In his appeal, Ganguly had brought attention to frequent changing of the ball, the heavy dew and injury to Pakistan batsman Salman Butt, all of which would slow the over-rate.

Malcolm Speed, the chief executive of the ICC, expressed pleasure at the way the appeal has been handled. "The decision today demonstrates the independence of the ICC's appeals process," he said. "His judgement highlights the exceptional circumstances that prevailed during this particular match while also emphasising the general importance of maintaining the required over-rates during international matches."

Cricinfo
Old November 26, 2004, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Jaguda.. congrats!!
Old November 26, 2004, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

"I am of the opinion that the circumstances were particularly unusual in this game and a large number of them conspired to cause the delays which occurred," Judgment.

Very thin and general finding has been disclosed. What is the spot that was not considered by Clive but subsequently pointed out?
Old November 26, 2004, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Clive Lloyd is a known India-baiter.

His angers persists from the West Indies loss to India in 83 world cup. It is often a matter of private discussions that he took that as a personal humiliation.