facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 11, 2017, 01:30 PM

Default Kohli 1 - India 0

There you go....BCCI, once again, has demoralized, thus, degraded India cricket as a whole just to make Kohli happy! Not surprised but certainly disappointed. BCCI has established a bad precedent here IMHO which might influence Indian cricket or even world cricket for a long time ...

Quote:
India's new head coach: Shastri, again!
Curtesy: ESPNcricinfo
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...y/1110473.html

Old July 11, 2017, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

At least the clown isn't coach
Old July 11, 2017, 01:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Players want him, he has fine rapport with Kohli, has successfully managed the team in the past,I really don't see any reasons to be disappointed with Shastri being our coach. I have absolutely no clue how it is demoralizing to our cricket and how on earth it could have a negative impact on world cricket!!

We get too much hatred and criticism way more than what we deserve, its time people cut us some slack , this is BCCI's internal matter for God sake.
Old July 11, 2017, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Players want him, he has fine rapport with Kohli, has successfully managed the team in the past,I really don't see any reasons to be disappointed with Shastri being our coach. I have absolutely no clue how it is demoralizing to our cricket and how on earth it could have a negative impact on world cricket!!

We get too much hatred and criticism way more than what we deserve, its time people cut us some slack , this is BCCI's internal matter for God sake.
I agree - I dont think this is necessarily a win of Kohli over BCCI. I think its a lesson learned for BCCI that a professional team like India requires more of a good manager who can encourage as opposed to a headmaster with a stick.

As for getting too much hatred - I dont think it was directed towards team India or BCCI. I think this was his personal opinion/ observation. IMHO, its a cricket forum - people will voice their opinion. I just learned to ignore...
Old July 11, 2017, 02:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Considering that the alternative was that clown sehwag, this is actually pretty good for India. BCCI has made it very clear with their actions that as long as Kohli is happy, nothing else matters.
Old July 11, 2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:

You have missed the point here Roy! If Indian captain can have the last say over everybody (CAC, CoA, cricket pundits and many senior players) aren't you overpowering the captain? Next time he will be more demanding...as he is a young blood, does not necessarily have all the experience to judge anything and everything, thus, would be making decision/s on whim/emotion ... which might have negative impacts on Indian cricket/world cricket (as BCCI/India dominates world cricket).

When a captain does not like a coach with high moral and discipline, there would be questions to answer...

And why you are taking it personally? I did NOT expressed hate towards you, or Shastri or any Indian or even Kohli. Please note that I am a fan of Indian Cricket team and fan of many Indian great cricketers, including Kohli ( Pls see my thread on Kohli) BUT I will not support anything which is against moral or against greater interests.
Old July 11, 2017, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Ki je koli kaal porlo...
Old July 11, 2017, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

My friend, i wish fans from other countries would do the same when it came to BCB's internal matters. Now check Mohammad Shahid is trending, all over foreign media.

I think its great (Shastri) for world cricket, because India was turning out be quite a force under Kumble
Old July 11, 2017, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
You have missed the point here Roy! If Indian captain can have the last say over everybody (CAC, CoA, cricket pundits and many senior players) aren't you overpowering the captain? Next time he will be more demanding...as he is a young blood, does not necessarily have all the experience to judge anything and everything, thus, would be making decision/s on whim/emotion ... which might have negative impacts on Indian cricket/world cricket (as BCCI/India dominates world cricket).

When a captain does not like a coach with high moral and discipline, there would be questions to answer...

And why you are taking it personally? I did NOT expressed hate towards you, or Shastri or any Indian or even Kohli. Please note that I am a fan of Indian Cricket team and fan of many Indian great cricketers, including Kohli ( Pls see my thread on Kohli) BUT I will not support anything which is against moral or against greater interests.
I completely understand where you are coming from, but when I think from BCCI's perspective this decision doesn't seem outrageous at all, in fact it seems the safest and most logical solution available at the moment. Look, BCCI is at an all time low, Lodha commity and SC literally clipped their wings, the recent ICC resolution and paycut only rubbed salt in the wound, they simply can not afford to have another coach vs captain saga. I am not sure about other teams but for team India dressing room environment matters a lot, hell for us it often becomes the major chink in the armor, I am sure you remember the chronicles of Chappell-Ganguly and what happened to us in 2007 wc, coach captain clashed and team India bore the brunt. Shastri by no means is a noob when it comes to man management, he has successfull past performance to reinforce his claim . His tenure with team India was almost as successful as Kumble without any ego clashes or mud slinging. So with all things concerned, have BCCI taken the wisest decision? Perhaps not. Have they taken the right decision? Only time will tell. Have they taken the safest and most pragmatic decision? Yes, absolutely.

I did not take your comment personally Kalpurush da, sorry if it seems that way. As Maruf said, everyone has the right to voice their opinion here, I don't intend to disrupt that.
Old July 11, 2017, 11:24 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Good decision. Kohli took a lot of criticism for speaking up on behalf of the younger players against Kumble. As long as the team is delivering on all fronts and they are, BCCI should have no problems handing the reigns back to Shastri. Their team is a professional unit and not sheep that needs to be told what to do at every step. Their requirements and our requirements are not the same. I remember Shane Warne also didn't like John Bucanon. At that time the great Australian team also didn't really need a coach to beat the crap out of other teams. Shastri is an intelligent guy and will help the strategic aspect of the game.
Old July 12, 2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Good decision. Kohli took a lot of criticism for speaking up on behalf of the younger players against Kumble. As long as the team is delivering on all fronts and they are, BCCI should have no problems handing the reigns back to Shastri. Their team is a professional unit and not sheep that needs to be told what to do at every step. Their requirements and our requirements are not the same. I remember Shane Warne also didn't like John Bucanon. At that time the great Australian team also didn't really need a coach to beat the crap out of other teams. Shastri is an intelligent guy and will help the strategic aspect of the game.
Wasn't it a few of the senior players who were complaining against Kumble!

Here is my take: Kumble's exit sends bad message to next coach

ESPNcricinfo editor-in-chief Sambit Bal believes the series of events that led to Anil Kumble's departure from his role as India coach sets a dangerous precedent

^^^ I agree with Bal here...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...o/1104926.html
Old July 12, 2017, 10:58 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

I am glad that I dont have to see him in commentary for a while, I wish Athar ali becomes coach of another team so that I dont have to hear him also
Old July 12, 2017, 11:04 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Wasn't it a few of the senior players who were complaining against Kumble!

Here is my take: Kumble's exit sends bad message to next coach

ESPNcricinfo editor-in-chief Sambit Bal believes the series of events that led to Anil Kumble's departure from his role as India coach sets a dangerous precedent

^^^ I agree with Bal here...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...o/1104926.html
There are no senior players in the Indian side other than Dhoni and Ashwin. I read on cricinfo awhile back that the young players felt intimidated by Kumble and he pushed them so hard in training that some even had injuries. I dont think Kohli did it for himself.. no coach is going to question kohli's work ethic or performance. So he must have spoken out to stand up for his players.
Old July 13, 2017, 01:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

In case you were still trying to figure out why Shastri is the new coach:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...y/1110939.html

"Ravi Shastri is clear on one thing as he takes over the position of India coach from Anil Kumble: the captain is the boss of the team."
Old July 14, 2017, 05:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ki je koli kaal porlo...
Bhai, I think you meant KOHLI kaal
Old July 14, 2017, 05:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
There are no senior players in the Indian side other than Dhoni and Ashwin. I read on cricinfo awhile back that the young players felt intimidated by Kumble and he pushed them so hard in training that some even had injuries. I dont think Kohli did it for himself.. no coach is going to question kohli's work ethic or performance. So he must have spoken stood up for his players.
Possible, Kohli seems to be the kind of guy who would do that. Even though he bad mouths opposition on the field and is ultra edgy otherwise, he looks like a team man.

Shastri from what I have read in the past is also a much more colorful and wily character compared to Kumble. So, maybe he maneuvers himself better in touch situations.
Old July 14, 2017, 09:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylheti_Beta
Possible, Kohli seems to be the kind of guy who would do that. Even though he bad mouths opposition on the field and is ultra edgy otherwise, he looks like a team man.

Shastri from what I have read in the past is also a much more colorful and wily character compared to Kumble. So, maybe he maneuvers himself better in touch situations.
My thoughts exactly.

If Kohli did nothing media would have been like how Kohli buttering up Kumble and not looking after his own teammates, the worst thing about being the captain of Indian cricket team is you are damned if you do damned if you don't, there is literally no escape .
Old July 14, 2017, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

If Kohli did nothing media would have been like how Kohli buttering up Kumble and not looking after his own teammates, the worst thing about being the captain of Indian cricket team is you are damned if you do damned if you don't, there is literally no escape .
Shastri is just pathetic. He's nothing but a cheerleader. If bcci wants a cheerleader who is a poor strategist and doesn't have any credentials as a coach then why r they even spending that huge amount behind Shastri. Any jodu, modhu will be able to do that.
Old July 14, 2017, 06:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Shastri is just pathetic. He's nothing but a cheerleader. If bcci wants a cheerleader who is a poor strategist and doesn't have any credentials as a coach then why r they even spending that huge amount behind Shastri. Any jodu, modhu will be able to do that.
Maybe BCCI was looking for a cheerleader. This is not a team that needs much coaching. The team you see today will be the same team during the WC19. It's an old team with lots of experience. What's to coach?
Old July 15, 2017, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

This team doesnt need much coaching-i dont think its fair to say that.

Maybe role of head coach has diminished, but you still need someone to think at a strategic level, play the role of a planner/organizer. The great Australian side of the early 2000's had players you would think didnt need coaching. And Steve Waugh in tests, Ponting in ODI's-Aussie had great leaders. But still they needed the strategic mind of John Buchanan to become an absolute mean, destructive machine.

Kumble was doing exactly that (Although many are not ready to give him that credit). Some games they demonstrated such perfection and flawlessness-it was scary.

Time will tell whether it was Kumble or Kohli.
Old July 15, 2017, 08:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Maybe BCCI was looking for a cheerleader. This is not a team that needs much coaching. The team you see today will be the same team during the WC19. It's an old team with lots of experience. What's to coach?
That's the real problem. Half of this team needs to be kicked out for good. Players like DHONI, UV, ASH, JADDU has no place in modern day loi team. With shastri and kohli at the helm of things now it's almost guaranteed that these old hags will also be seen in 19 wc.

Last edited by Eclipse; July 15, 2017 at 09:01 AM..
Old July 15, 2017, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Seems like Sastri wants his own pick. Dravid and Zaheer is getting the boot if this is true.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...=show&from=mdr