facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 18, 2017, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Some of the teams in this bpl really are really great looking. Wish the broadcasting quality were better.

Old November 18, 2017, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

The main complain I have is:

1. There should be max 3 foreign player in each team of 11. $ is a compromize.

2. Too many dropped catches for my taste. In come inning alone yesterday, there was 6 dropped catches, 3 by Riyad alone. And I though he was decent player.

3. Quality of the umpire. Its very poor in general for international level competition. That need to be addressed. How expensive it is to bring some better quality umpires?

4. They have useless interview during the game while camera showing the interview (instead of showing the game that's going on). That need to stop.

Bad pitch / good pitch / quality of broadcasting, no cheer leader, quality of foreign player.... I can live with that, atleast for now.... so no complain there.

But I have to say.... good or bad....BPL is my league....I watch it.... I patronize it....I enjoy it..... I hope this BPL stay for ever.
Old November 18, 2017, 06:28 PM
Cricket Guru

BCB captures 77 BPL gamblers, including 10 Indians
Quote:
Since there are no existing laws regarding cricket gambling, cricket’s governing body in the country was unable to indict the BPL gamblers or register a general diary against them
Old November 18, 2017, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Sylhet team and their fans peaked too early. Premature ejaculation. 😔
see. I am not the only ones with X-Rated jokes.
Old November 18, 2017, 11:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Just because I saw this on my youtube sugestions...
A throwback to BPL 2

Old November 19, 2017, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Dhaka Phase, match 9th to 20th. Look at the scores of the openers.
match 1-2 (when teams batting first), 3-4 (When teams are batting second).

Dhaka 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 17th 18th 19th 20th
1 2 15 5 40 24 31 10 3 64 21 21.5
2 4 1 9 2 10 30 0 32 15 11 11.4
3 53 44 2 23 4 4 42 1 16 13 20.2
4 63 37 0 50 7 21 24 49 0 17 26.8

If you decide to bat first, and you are the second opener, you are likely to score less than 12 runs.

The average for the second opener, when batting first is only 11.4
Old November 19, 2017, 09:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

i like the 5 player rule rifat.
i like the 3 venue tournament as well. just wished they had the last 8 games in khulna.
Old November 20, 2017, 07:10 AM
Test Cricketer

বিসিবির ভাবনায় আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট

টুর্নামেন্টটি হবে শুধু স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটারদের নিয়ে। বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল আয়োজন করবে সেই টুর্নামেন্টও; তবে ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিভিত তিক নয়, এটি হবে অঞ্চলভিত্তিক।

ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট যেসব দেশে চালু আছে সেগুলোর বেশিরভাগেই এর বাইরে আরও টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট হয়। বাংলাদেশেও আগে নানা সময়ে হয়েছে। তবে এখন টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট বলতে শুধু বিপিএল হচ্ছে।

স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটারদের অনেকেই বিপিএলে সেভাবে সুযোগ পায় না। টি-টোয়েন্টি প্রতিভাও সেভাবে বের হয়ে আসে না বিপিএল দিয়ে। টি-টোয়ন্টিতে তাই পিছিয়ে আছে বাংলাদেশ।

সব দিক বিবেচনা করেই আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্টর কথা ভাবছে বিসিবি। শুক্রবার বিসিবিতে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে সেই ভাবনার কথা জানালেন বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের সদস্য সচিব ইসমাইল হায়দার মল্লিক।
“বিপিএল এবার যেভাবে চলছে, তাতে আমরা খুশি। তবে একটা ব্যাপার আমরা চিন্তা করছিলাম, স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটারদের পারফরম্যান্স বাড়ানো নিয়ে। আমরা ভেবেছি, বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের অধিনেই আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজন করব। শুধু স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটারদের নিয়ে। হয়ত চার-পাঁচটি দল থাকবে।”

“এই টুর্নামেন্ট ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিভিত তিক হবে না, বিসিএলের মত বিভিন্ন জোন নাম দিয়ে হবে। আমরা চাই, বিপিএলের মত টুর্নামেন্টে খেলার জন্য আমাদের স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটাররা লড়িয়ে মনোভাবটা গড়তে পারে।”

কবে নাগাদ এই টুর্নামেন্ট হবে, সেটি নিশ্চিত নয় এখনও। তবে জাতীয় ক্রিকেটারদের পাওয়া সাপেক্ষে দিন-ক্ষণ ঠিক করা হবে।

“এটা কখন করব, কোন সময়টায় হবে, সেসব এখনও ঠিক করিনি। স্রেফ প্রাথমিক আলোচনা হয়েছে। বোর্ডসভাপতি সবুজ সঙ্কেত দিয়েছেন। ৫-৭ দিনের টুর্নামেন্ট হবে। টুর্নামেন্টটি করতে হবে বিপিএলের আগে এবং আমাদের জাতীয় দলের সূচি দেখে, যখন ওদের পাওয়া যাবে।”

বিপিএলের বাইরে সবশেষ টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট হয়েছে ২০১৩ সালে বিজয় দিবস টি-টোয়েন্টি। বিপিএল এক বছর বন্ধ থাকায় আয়োজন করা হয়েছিল সেই টুর্নামেন্ট।

https://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/cricket/1422781
Old November 21, 2017, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Look at the big international names on show tonight. RR v DD.
Gayle, Maccullam, Malinga, Thisara, Amir, Afridi, Pollard, Lewis, Narine. Etc

If after IPL, BPL isn’t the 2nd best league, in terms of fanbase/fancraze, big crowds even for neutral games (as most of the teams playing in neutral stadium), big name foreigners playing, salary, sponsors, tv ratings. Etc. Then I don’t know what is.

Whether the production is not upto high standards, and other certain issues like commentary, no spider cam. BPL ticks many boxes. Jos Butler, many others chose BPL over SA’s failed to start due to failing to get a sponsor, Global league
Old November 21, 2017, 08:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

BPL has potential except that it's poorly organised. Pitches need to improve. About 4 or 5 grounds need to be used including Fatullah.
Old November 21, 2017, 11:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Alhamdulillah! This year's BPL has been the best IMHO. apart from broadcasting quality and a few odd umpiring decisions here and there not too much to complain about. This BPL hosts probably some of the world's best T20 players, no doubt. that's what make it exciting. Quality of Cricket also has been top notch. on top of that, a lot of Domestic players put their hands up which is great to see..

I do miss Danny Morrison, Pommy Mbangwa at the Commentary box though...
Old November 21, 2017, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Definitely best BPL so far. Good to see some strong performances from locals too. No doubt quality of foreign players has been best and matches have been tight too

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 21, 2017, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Not forgetting the coaches, Tom Moody, etc...
Old November 21, 2017, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

The first couple of matches in Dhaka was rubbish, thought it would get worse.

But damn the last couple of matches has been awesome.

Can Chittagong live up to that standard? hoping for more of those close matches.
Old November 21, 2017, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Dhaka should get two BPL teams from next tournament. Division of Dhaka CIty Corp. sets up opportunity to create a noteworthy local rivalry. Dhaka North v Dhaka South would potentially make a great local derby, Dhaka Classico. More importantly, since, Dhaka will always get more matches it will make great sense to have two dhaka home teams as there will be atleast one Dhaka team that will partcipate on everyday and thus attracting local supporters coming to stadium to a great degree. Even with this if we dont expand our venues we will have four teams playing at home ground out of eight which is better than having only three teams playing with home advantage as of now.
Old November 21, 2017, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Dhaka vs. Sylhet (Rivalry)
Dhaka vs. Chittagong (Rivalry)
Chittagong Vs. Comilla (Rivalry)

If you get home and away matches, things would get super exciting.

I don't like the idea of having two Dhaka teams.
Old November 21, 2017, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Dhaka vs. Sylhet (Rivalry)
Dhaka vs. Chittagong (Rivalry)
Chittagong Vs. Comilla (Rivalry)

If you get home and away matches, things would get super exciting.

I don't like the idea of having two Dhaka teams.
Dont think this is possible in near future. Comilla and Rangpur do not even have a good cricket stadium. Although Rajshahi has a good stadium I am not sure the city has enough facilities to accommodate so many players and staffs atm(not sure though coz last time I visited the place was 7 years ago). Khulna can have bpl matches assuming that they have got some good hotel facilities, being a port city and tourist attraction due to Sundarbans. All in all, even if you want to have home and away venue, which is tbh would be the best, it is not possible atm.

Chittogong v Comilla rivary. not sure about that. On Dhaka v Sylhet rivalry, yes we sylhety do think Dhaka as our top rival but not sure Dhaka fans think the same. But, there is a chance to promote a north bengal rivalry between Rajshahi and Rangpur.
Old November 21, 2017, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

I want a Noakhali team. Without Noakhali, BPL is pretty boring.
Old November 21, 2017, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I want a Noakhali team. Without Noakhali, BPL is pretty boring.
Comilla owns Noakhali...

and Chandpur, Feni, Lakshmipur, Brahmanbaria.
Old November 21, 2017, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

.... but ... but Comilla and Noakhali always fight with each other. They cannot support the same team, specially when it says Comilla and not mention of Noakhali.
Old November 23, 2017, 02:29 AM
Cricket Guru

BPL does pick some low key players here and there but let's look at how BPL benefitted foreign players: a case study.

Moeen Ali - back in the day when he was a nobody, He played for BPL, look at where he is today. You can't make any English team without Moeen Ali on the final XV.

Ahmed Shehzad - he was off form, came to BPL. smashed a few mediocre bowlers around for a couple of tons and then came back to Pakistan side with a bang. He sustained that form for a pretty long time until recently.

DJ Malan - Played BPL last season. now playing against one of the best in the world in their own den. The ashes. Enough said.

I expect Cameron Delport, Jofra Archer to crack their respective national side someday.
Old November 23, 2017, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Oh please no Noakhali. How many teams do you want from one particular division?
There’s already two teams from Chittagong Division (Chittagong and Comilla). Comilla isn’t a division yet and having Nokhali team in BPL would mean 3 teams from Chittagong Division. Mymensing is a Division needs a Mymensinghi, Barisal too to complete all divisions having atleast one BPL side representing them.

Until then, if you’re gonna have more teams from one division then..We demand a side from Srimangol/Moulvibazar, would be great if you ask me. Sri Mongol Warriors would be good cricket name, just think the sound of that name, plus there’s many 5star resorts available in the area if they can build a stadium inbetween, lots of wealthy people from this area.
Old November 23, 2017, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Four of the top 5 BPL bowlers now belong to DD. Pity they have too many passengers (Mosaddek, Maruf, Nadif) who are still weighing down the team.

Old November 24, 2017, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Comilla sign 16-year old Afghanistan offspinner Mujeeb Zadran, who took 17 wickets in Bangladesh last month and 20 in the U19 Asia Cup earlier this month.
Old November 24, 2017, 01:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Kisher ki, panta bhater ghee.

Noakhali people are everywhere in the world, even if you look with torch light, we will see one in the moon. And you are comparing Noahkhali with Moulvibazar? Do you know how many Moulovi is from Moulvibazar and how many from Noakhali?

Sri Mongol? Where is this place, Is it in India or Srilanka?

You cannot even handle one team (Sylhet Sixers) and you want two more teams? Shok ah-lad-er ekta limit thaka dorkar. What we will do with all those 5 star resorts and rich people when the sylhet fans leaving the team right and left.

Just hope that Sylhet team survive the next BPL, then think about more teams.

Without a Noakhali Moulovis (the future team), the BPL is no fun. I think BCB knows it very well, its not a matter of "if", its a matter of "when" this will happen.

Last edited by Fazal; November 24, 2017 at 02:34 PM..