facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2004, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
Religion based politics, as much as you may hate it or it may be controversial, does have every right to exist.
Rafiq, your thoughts are nicely put. I totally agree with you that religious politics have every right to exist. But is it also not the task of our progressive political thinkers to give a conceptual fight against this evil force in Bangladesh? To my surprise, I see all they are capable of is to yell and shout with an emotional outburst instead of negating them politically.

Let me express my thought in this regard.The way our leading politicial parties teach us about 'Democracy', it is impossible to seperate the islamic forces from Bangladesh's main stream "customary" politics. Why? Because the definition of democracy of our customary politics are:
-- that there should be multy political parties in a country
-- that they should be given the right to express and propagate their respective political opinion and ideology
-- that the parliament election should be seen in after a every certain period
-- that this way the winning political party will form and govern the state mechanism

This is the concept of democracy our customary politics own in Bangladesh. And this is what our customary politicians teach us what "democracy" is. How can we then oppose the right of the fundamental Islamic parties, namely Jamayat-i-Islam, when they express and propagate their political ideologies? According to our customary definition of democracy, we have no valid right to show enmity if Jamayat wants to establish the reign of Allah and to slaughter the 'Kafirs'.

Why do we still claim that the fundamental Islamic forces in our country are undemocratic? Why should we still have to call jamayat as an undemocratic? Where is the error of our customary practice and definition of Democracy which severely fails to justify jamayat as an undemocratic political party? In the light of our typical definition of democracy, how can we even prove these Islamic elements as undemocratic?

The problem of our so called intellectuals and the progressive thinkers is that they challange the fundamental forces pretty emotionally rather than politically. There is no place of emotional whinning to fight against these evils. They should be challanged in terms politics. Let me add a few words in this context.

In fact, the customary definition and the daily basis idea of democracy is simply confined within the 'code of practice' ; hence this code of practice tells nothing about the essence and inner significance of democracy. To cast votes or perform election are not democracy. It is rather one of the customs of how to practice democracy. I think we must not forget this thing, or we will never be able to realize as to where our customary politics do the mistake in particular. This politics fails to differentiate between "democracy" and it's "way of pratice". If there is no democracy at all, then what on earth we will do with it's practice? Our customary politics never understand the fact that the gist and essence of democracy must be established before implimenting it's 'way of practice'.

Now What is democracy? What is the essence of this perticular ideology? The essence of democracy is that Man Is Sovereign. Sovereignty of individual is the bottom line of democracy. We can put it in another was as 'People Is Sovereign'. Not the state, not the government, not any political party, not any damn one but only mass people is the owner of sovereignty.

Let's turn our attention to the Islamic forces of Bangladesh, especially to jamayat-i-Islam. Why should we claim that Jamyat is not a democratic party? Because they don't believe in the essence of democracy(that people is sovereign). Jamayat believes that only Allah is sovereign. Hence Allah is the only authority to compile and to make constitution, law, administrative lesiglation etc. In fact, we will never understand how Jamayat depraves and vitiates Islam if we fail to figure out the term 'sovereignty'.

Allah is of course sovereign in terms of religion. In other words, he is the stipulation of our existance ad of the universe. But he, at the same time, gave mankind the freedom of free thinking and freedom of conscience. He created us with the ability of being inquisitive and of the urge to discover the secrets and misteries of this universe. He named human as 'ashraful makhlukat' and gifted the sovereignty to use our conscience and free thoughts. If not, then it would have proved that what we do in every day life was the 'Act' of Allah. Had I NO sovereignty of my conscience and free thinking, what I do in every moment would have been the 'wish' of Allah. Even my doing of good and evil! Jamayat's perversion will be unveiled if we are able to understand this simple logic.

Islam doesn't consider Allah as 'sovereign' the way the free thinking and conscience of human being is meant to be sovereign. To mix up the sovereignty of mankind with Allah's sovereignty is an islamic crime, a Shereki (arabic word). jamayat is guilty of this shereki. Since Islam accepts the sovereignty of man's free thinking and conscience, law and administrative legislation written by man is also gladly acceptable in Islam.

Why Jamayat compares and mixes up Allah's sovereignty with mankind's? It's only because they simply wants to burden us with a self-made explanation of Islam. What Jamayat means as the "law of Allah" is actually the "law of Jamayat-i-Islam" itself. The only shrewd reason they use the term 'sovereignty of Allah' is simply because they have the evil stratagem hidden in their sleeves to wrap the 'dhormo bhiru' mass people with their own proposed rules. legislation and ideology.

Now that Dr. Humayun Azad is still at the juncture of life and death, it is time again to give a political fight against the undemocratic Islamic forces in Bangladesh.

P.S. Please ignore the gramatical mistakes if there is any.
P.P.S. the topic of this thread can be changed as Rafiq suggested

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Navarene]

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Navarene]

Old March 3, 2004, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bangla_amar, you're really drawing me into making "Arnab type" responses !!
WTF?
Old March 4, 2004, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL... he does have a point you know!!!
Old March 5, 2004, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Hasib, you are 16/17, right?
Old March 8, 2004, 06:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think "Arnab type Answer" is much more soothing compared to "Pundit type Answer".
Old March 9, 2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Bangla Amar, I find that hard to believe.

You did take 5 days to reply, after all !!

But anyway, I will remember what you just said.

Cheers.