facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2005, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Default NCL 2006 (selecters and captains will pick teams)

this years national league the selecters and captains will pick the team. according to bangladesherkhela.com the board is trying to make all the teams equally strong. i know last year there were some controversy over this decision. what do you guys think? do you think cricket bangladesh is doing the right thing by picking teams for divisions or do you guys think that each division should have players from their own division?

Old October 26, 2005, 01:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

good move.otherwise,most players go to dhaka division and teams like barisal have hard time finding 11 players.the real good thing is that they have included a player, the coach,and a local organizer to select their respective teams.this will certainly reduce contorversy this time.
Old October 26, 2005, 01:52 AM
Club Cricketer

I think it's a good move to let the captain have more involvement in team selection because the captain has control of the team during the game so they should have their say.

ps. when does national league start
Old October 26, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

not a bad idea at all... hopefully all the teams will be balanced and we will get to see a competative national league. However, sooner or later they should introduce a rule where each divison can get upto three or four players from other divison. That way, teams can trade players and it will become more interesting.
Old October 26, 2005, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Trading player is a very good idea. BCB need to think about it. Also adding a foreign player can strengthen the standard of the game. Allowing one or two practices with local boys (school kids) will help spread the knowledge.
Old October 26, 2005, 01:00 PM
Test Cricketer

i think they were talking about adding 1 foreign player in this years ncl. do you guys know when ncl will start?
Old October 26, 2005, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Since Dhaka is the strongest division in terms of quality and the number of players available, why don't they go with two teams? Having a B team for Dhaka will ensure they have good players playing in the tournament who otherwise won't make it in A team. And they won't have to play for Barisal or other weaker teams..Can it be done?
Old October 26, 2005, 06:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

How much players will make

Very interesting article about how much players will be making in the upcoming NCL.Hopefully ,they will give us a good show .

(Sports section)
http://www.dailyinqilab.com/october25/pdf/sprots.pdf

Edited on, October 26, 2005, 11:36 PM GMT, by CricTiger.

Edited on, October 27, 2005, 6:24 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: Web link fixed.
Old October 27, 2005, 01:03 AM
Test Cricketer

wow these guys are gonna be making alot of money. surprised to see ashraful making more then habibur bashar. i think waskoroni ahmed polash will make good money as well if he plays. i love seeing so much hype about the premier league. i believe that this is the most exciting and most popular league in bangladesh even more then NCL. which is why for good of our cricket bcb needs to make this a first class league with up to 3 foreign players.
Old October 27, 2005, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Thats a good article...mediocre players are more in demand than the ones in national team and rightly so as they are expected to play the whole season. It also allows these players to make some good money where national team cricketers are already getting paid from BCB and match fees.