facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2007, 11:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid
Default ICC No Confidence Vote

BCCI with support of PCB plans to move a no confidence vote against the ICC management for the World Cup Final fiasco.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/292875.html

Old May 1, 2007, 11:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Someone has to be accountable for the farcical way this WC has run. Since Malcolm Speed is the head of the ICC the buck should stop with him. I reckon he (as well as Percy Sonn) should just resign and save everyone the trouble. In addition, the WICB should sue Chris Dehring (managing director of ICCWC2007) for completely destroying the tournament and causing them to not get an adequate return on their investment.

Though I had a bit of a chuckle at this comment from Shah:

Quote:
"We are not that satisfied," Shah told the newspaper. "It is becoming more and more bureaucratic. My board is of the belief that cricket is a simple, enjoyable game, but that is not how it appears at present.

"The ICC has so many staff members. It is unnecessarily employing so many people and that costs the other members. The ICC should move away from the bureaucracy and become more simplified. They should be concentrating more on the game."
It's a bit hypocritical for the BCCI to be having a whinge - they're even more bureaucratic , complex and disorganised than the ICC! I remember this from the 2004 OZ tour of India:

Quote:
THE tour of India might be testing for the Australians, but it is proving to be equally so for the Indian cricketers, broadcasters, politicians and administrators.

With the third Test due to begin on Tuesday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India is scrambling to find about 50 rooms in a town with no beds so the match can be televised.

It appears the BCCI forgot to book hotel rooms for the television network broadcasting the Test in Nagpur - just as it forgot to book its team into a hotel for the Test in Bangalore.

The small town is completely booked out and has been for months because September starts the marriage season and many couples travel to the area.

To make matters worse, there is a large medical conference in the town.

The best hotel was booked out by the two teams, forcing fans and hundreds of media to fight over what was left.

Nobody was available to comment on the embarrassing situation last night, but nobody is surprised.

The Indian team was supposed to stay at the elegant Taj West End for the match in Bangalore, but never showed up. Inquiries were made and they were found at a less comfortable hotel across town because the BCCI had forgotten to make the bookings.

Source: www.foxsports.com.au
Old May 2, 2007, 12:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Who else agrees with me that Malcolm Speed resembles President Bush?

Old May 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Nah, you've got the wrong Dubya, Kabir - this is more like it, I reckon:

Old May 2, 2007, 01:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Dubya's look is more like when can i get something right and Ponting is like when can i get something wrong.
Old May 4, 2007, 08:30 PM
Street Cricketer

indian cricket is a farce atm, untill they fix it i suspect no one is going to listen much to anything they have to say ..