facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 20, 2005, 08:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Tikolo proved his inclusion, can Ashraful?

Tikolo top scored for Africa 11 with a solid 43 justifying his inclusion in the continental side. Considering Kenya hardly ever plays any ODI games, that is fantastic. But our Ashraful has so much match practice yet he failed. Hopefully he can justify his inclusion by scoring some runs in the final ODI. That is if he is in the main 11.

Old August 20, 2005, 09:08 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Tikolo has proven himself many a times in the past. He is in his mid thirties, has the maturity and experience of playing first class cricket in different parts of the world.

Having said that, he scored a DUCK in his first trial and lasted 2 balls. IF Ashraful was given another shot, he could have contributed with the bat as well.
Old August 20, 2005, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

tikolo's performance was something that caught my eye when i was browsing through the scores on cricinfo. this is how i look at it: tikolo is an experienced batsman with the ability to get into any test side in the world (ok, maybe not australia, but i'm pretty sure every other nation would find someone worthless enough to kick out and accommodate him). on the other hand, ashraful is still a restless young man who is learning from every game that he plays. i do believe that currently tikolo is better than ashraful as a batsman, but ashraful has the time to not only surpass tikolo but become a great like tendulkar in the future.

Edited on, August 21, 2005, 2:19 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old August 20, 2005, 09:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
....still a restless young man who is learning from every game that he plays.,,...
or vice versa... this restless young man is forgetting what he learned from just the previous game he played
Old August 20, 2005, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
Quote:
....still a restless young man who is learning from every game that he plays.,,...
or vice versa... this restless young man is forgetting what he learned from just the previous game he played
i think once he realizes that he fails more often than succeeding using such aggressive tactics, he will slow down. the question is how long will it take for him to realize that.
Old August 21, 2005, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont think Ashraful can be Tendulkar. But he can be something great from Bangladesh. I think Ashraful is hugely talented. SOmetimes he is over-confident, sometimes under-confident, He has to balance.

Personally I would like Ashraful to open the batting with Sehwag.

Edited on, August 21, 2005, 9:02 AM GMT, by cricketboy.
Old August 22, 2005, 06:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

y we leave an xcuse dat ashraful is young n thas the reason 4 his poor performance in da matches!!
pathan is just 19 n he has proved a lot with his bat n bowl n that 2 in both kinds of cricket!
pathan had a debut match wid the australians on their soil n even wid such circumstances he did a lot 4 us!!
so its just talent required n confidence 2 deliver!
Old August 22, 2005, 07:30 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by be_friend_13
y we leave an xcuse dat ashraful is young n thas the rea
a lot 4 us!!
so its just talent required n confidence 2 deliver!
Why you feel jealous to Ashraful friend, are you from our neighbourhood country??
If you are from there, then sorry to disturb you!!!
Old August 22, 2005, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
Quote:
i think ash tends to forget a basic thing, no matter how good one is, he has to play himself in. during the match against australia, as soon as ash came in i was just wishing that he play himself in and forget the reqd RR. somehow ash seems to have heard me after 3-4 overs just prodding for singles, he went for boundaries and we know what happened in the rest. also i think he has to research his game and cut out the low percetage shots and which get him out the most (what tendu did in his early years).
Old August 23, 2005, 10:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

national_zoo its not da point dat if i m 4rm da neighbourin country den i m gonna criticize others!!
dude no had feelings against u but u must understand dat its simply worse 2 keep on repeatin da same thin dat ash is young n desperate n so i gave n instance of irfan!
howeva being rude dude wont help u out!
Old August 23, 2005, 10:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally posted by be_friend_13
its simply worse 2 keep on repeatin da same thin dat ash is young n desperate n so i gave n instance of irfan!
I agree with be_friend_13 on this point.
One request, can you please write with proper spelling? Someone like me, having poor English background, finds it bad for readability.