facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2014, 01:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I don't know what they told Papon but he seems to be living in the lala land.

Old January 31, 2014, 02:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Promises are meant to be broken.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 31, 2014, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

So we got bribed with more matches for the next 2 years it seems.

I still don't get on how are we going to make more money when India and co is taking away a big chunk?
Old January 31, 2014, 09:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
How can we make the best out of current situation?

Make lots of money off the big 3 in the next two years.

Use the money to improve facilities and our domestic cricket

Offer SA that we will tour them at our own cost

If we improve our cricket the rest of the problems regarding TV demand/commercial viability will go away.

Perhaps it is a kick up the backside we needed to improve our cricket.
Excellent thinking. I hope BCB hear this.
Old January 31, 2014, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I looked at the Video - Thanks MoC Bhai.
I got concerned when Papon kept on assuring us that more matches will happen - but without any details. It appears that a lot is to be taken at faith.

Then I read the Daily Star report - I had a link on the last page - and then the CI report on the 11th test nation with the quote from Patel with relegation, promotion, playing the 10th ranked - and that still up in the air.

I got alarmed - and hope Papon knows what was agreed. Daily Star report (or rather an OpEd perhaps) puts that knowledge to doubt.
Old January 31, 2014, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
I looked at the Video - Thanks MoC Bhai.
I got concerned when Papon kept on assuring us that more matches will happen - but without any details. It appears that a lot is to be taken at faith.

Then I read the Daily Star report - I had a link on the last page - and then the CI report on the 11th test nation with the quote from Patel with relegation, promotion, playing the 10th ranked - and that still up in the air.

I got alarmed - and hope Papon knows what was agreed. Daily Star report (or rather an OpEd perhaps) puts that knowledge to doubt.
Quote:
It read “all Members”, which constitutes not only the Full Members but also the Associate Members, will be allowed to play Tests based on the principle guideline of “meritocracy”.
It's a concern for sure. The revised draft has many clauses and BCB is not judging it properly. They already have given their support to it and hence may be, just may be writing the death warrant of our cricket.

From the very begining I protested against this conspiracy, now not sure what to say. After all the glory this is what we get?

May be we will not be barred from anything, may be be we can be better force in 2-3 years time and we hope so. But what IF the big 3 won't let us grow and take the status away strategycally i.e as mentioned by CI that an associate would be given test status if they can beat the no. 10 ranked team? A possible relegation is coming?

But leaving everything aside our main task will be to focus and improve our ranking so that we can leave everything behind and be in a safe position in regard to losing the status.

If the proposal paper gets passed then only time will say what will happen.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 31, 2014, 01:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BCB has given support but nothing has been signed yet.
Old January 31, 2014, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

I think it's way to early to judge whether BCB have secured our future as a test nation or failed. Pap-meister says that our test status will not be revoked, that we will get more test matches, that every full member will play us (tests and ODIs), and that we will get more money going forward, not less.

On the other hand, the exact wording of press releases from the ICC so far leave a lot of room for interpretation. So, naturally, there will continue to be a fair bit of confusion until the details have been ironed out.

I cannot believe, however, that the Pap-meister ultimately offered his support for the proposals in principle if Bangladesh's future as a test-playing nation was not secured. And I cannot believe that he would have gone out on a limb in a press conference and told the whole world that we'd play more tests, more frequently, and get more money, if he didn't get some assurances from BCCI, ECB and CA.
Old January 31, 2014, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Remember there is a clause in the draft saying that a series needs to be "profitable". GREEDY 3 can easily get away saying series with BD is NOT profitable, so they will play among themselves one more time, instead of BD.

We are so clever in so many things in BD, but when it comes to cricket, I can see how easily we get manipulated and become an obedient student pretty much by all the cricket boards. We are not too smart in cricket are we? How can we make a nice seam friendly wicket when we already know our batsmen cant play short ball? Our pacers wont be able to utilize even a Perth pitch was gifted to them. Haire coach, we are no Australia, we are BD and spin is our strength. Play 3 spinners not 3 pacers. And make the pitch like the one in BKSP. Jottoshob gadhar dol.
Old January 31, 2014, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

We need to play teams like WI, Zim and NZ every year to improve at least and then 1 series every 2-3 years against each of the big 3.
Old January 31, 2014, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Gutless Papon! Read:

কে সত্য বলছেন নাজমুল না আশরাফ?
আপডেট: ০৩:২১, ফেব্রুয়ারী ০১, ২০১৪ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ

আইসিসি সভা থেকে ফিরে বিসিবির প্রধান নাজমুল হাসান জোর গলায় বললেন, কোনো চাপের কাছে নতি স্বীকার করেনি বিসিবি। তবে পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) প্রধান জাকা আশরাফের ধারণা, ‘তিন জমিদারের’ চাপের মুখে তাদের পক্ষে চুক্তিতে সই করেছে বিসিবি!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E0%A6%AB
Old January 31, 2014, 06:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
Gutless Papon! Read:

আইসিসি সভা থেকে ফিরে বিসিবির প্রধান নাজমুল হাসান জোর গলায় বললেন, কোনো চাপের কাছে নতি স্বীকার করেনি বিসিবি। তবে পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) প্রধান জাকা আশরাফের ধারণা, ‘তিন জমিদারের’ চাপের মুখে তাদের পক্ষে চুক্তিতে সই করেছে বিসিবি!

[/url]

If Papon is gutless what is Zaka Ashraful? Gut full of sh*t?

After Zaka came what he have done to us to make us believe that he will not back stab us at the last moment? Upto few weeks back he were trying to disrupt our World Cup and Asia Cup in the name of security issue. They tried to sabotage at the last moment by not giving clearance to their players in BPL. It is also in the news that they were trying to have a secret deal with India.

Did BCB already signed the deal that he is accusing? based on the information that we have, its not true. We know they will sign, but its not secretly signed yet.

Do we (PAK, SL, SA, BCB) all have the same issue and priorities? Definitely not. We had our unique issue and that is two tier system, and that was our main issue. The rest of the three cared less about that.

What credibility Jaka created with us that we have to agree with him, whatever he says?
Old January 31, 2014, 08:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I have nothing against Pak Passion. It is another fan forum just like ours. Obviously they will speak against us. BTW I am not a big fan of Mr Papon but I think what he has done is bought few more years for Bangladesh Cricket. We can't trust Pakistan Cricket Board. As for South Africa, you will soon see them joining the Big 3. Remains Sri Lanka will follow soon after. Every board is negotiating with every board behind the scene. Zaka Ashraf is jealous because we had the first pick.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:45 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Pakistan South Africa and Sri Lanka are anxious about the proposal because the power will go to the big 3 which might ruin the sport as a whole. They are not doing this out of fear for relegation like us. We need to say to ourselves that rather than hoping for protection of the status we need to play better. There is no improvement in our fast bowlers for the last 5 years... why? Why tamim continues to play shots against the match situation? Why we cant get team combination right? These fundamental issues need t be addressed and resolved in the next two years. We have played for over a decade and it s time for us to be more competitive or get kicked out.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Why is this Joker Ashraf fella always creating problems for us. Typical Pakistani. Always complaining about some imaginary Bangali gaddari. He needs to sit his butt on a pointy stick and spin on it.

I don't hear the CSA or SLC going to the media and complaining about other boards, so what's this pappu's problem?
Old January 31, 2014, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
Gutless Papon! Read:

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E0%A6%AB
Why is Papmeister gutless? Aren't you being a little spineless by assuming what the Joker Ashraf said is true and what Paps said isn't?
Old February 1, 2014, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

What we will gain from the Big3 is a different issue, when supporting the proposal (even if the proposals do not harm us) the question which comes into play is : You are a full member and you have a responsibility to protect the game from any evil force. If you are moral and responsible then you can never ever support it.

BCB initially supported it and incredibly passed a resolution- I know this from a very reliable source. Also, few directors mentioned it in the media. And then on the face of public anger they had a U-turn. Now, as the Test status threat has abated they are thinking to support the big3 alliance ignoring the sport's passion, morlaity and the responsibilty they supposed to carry. May be we will get a few more matches- even though thats not guranteed, but we are being very selfish here. The same thing goes for other 3 opposing nations Pak-SL-SA.

If you really do not show any respect to this sport and sport's the governing body's constitution then you should not take any responsibilty to protect the virtues of the game and hence you should not be allowed to be a member (let alone a full member) of the sport's governing body. I think most countries are missing this point here.

So we are missing the most fundamental point of this sport (albeit all sports) if we support the proposals. Hope this does not happen.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 1, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
What we will gain from the Big3 is a different issue, when supporting the proposal (even if the proposals do not harm us) the question which comes into play is : You are a full member and you have a responsibility to protect the game from any evil force. If you are moral and responsible then you can never ever support it.

BCB initially supported it and incredibly passed a resolution- I know this from a very reliable source. Also, few directors mentioned it in the media. And then on the face of public anger they had a U-turn. Now, as the Test status threat has abated they are thinking to support the big3 alliance ignoring the sport's passion, morlaity and the responsibilty they supposed to carry. May be we will get a few more matches- even though thats not guranteed, but we are being very selfish here. The same thing goes for other 3 opposing nations Pak-SL-SA.

If you really do not show any respect to this sport and sport's the governing body's constitution then you should not take any responsibilty to protect the virtues of the game and hence you should not be allowed to be a member (let alone a full member) of the sport's governing body. I think most countries are missing this point here.

So we are missing the most fundamental point of this sport (albeit all sports) if we support the proposals. Hope this does not happen.
The Small Seven do not have the motivation, the money or the people to form a coalition that will effectively be able to operate a rival cricket organization without the Big Three. I might agree with your stance about saving the game, but it's not particularly practical. We have to be realistic about what we can and cannot achieve. Unfortunately the Big Three have us by the balls.